Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

A while back I posted looking for a way to set signature appearance by certificate in Acrobat. After examining my options I've realized that that way lies madness, so we've settled on just accepting the signature as valid if it follows the appearance with the Canonical Name we plan on pushing out with the appearances.acrodata file. However, I want to make sure— if possible just so we don't have to say "you didn't use the right signature appearance so resubmit it"— that the user can't use the default appearance or create a new one. I've been trying to ask Adobe about it but their Twitter-based support (which I still can't believe) isn't exactly responsive other than telling me "Hey, we've got the Customization Wizard and here's a page showing you how to use it!" I've certainly looked at the Customization Wizard, but I don't see an option to mandate a specific signature appearance to the exclusion of any others. If there a registry setting or something to do what I'm looking to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread