Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the option existss to go full circlejerk and name the forum Load-Bearing Drywall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I vote for this particular one. The Philips screw into the end grain, the crack, and the slightly askew D are perfect.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have finally made a difference in this world

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

I changed my mind. I like this one better.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Booo, current one is lame. ^^ that one is much better

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I agree. Grover isn't even around any more -- no one's going to know what the tag means and it's just a forums inside joke anyway. The cracked wood from the screw into endgrain is much wittier, and it matches the design of the other icons better too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

I don't know how well the melted siding reads at this size

I have no clue why this is supposed to be funny. It just looks dumb.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I appreciate the effort that went into the Grover'ish tag, but given how much support the other tag got, the selection of the Grover-ish tag is a bit of a mystery.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're just mad you didn't think of it.

And by "it" I mean slipping each of the admins twenty bucks

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Booooooo grovertag booooooooooo

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Got a PM from a terrible goon who is on probation for participating in sub-forums which should not be participated in, who asked me to post this for him/her:

Airborne Viking posted:

RandomFerret did a good job with the groverhaus forum tag, but I'm kind of disappointed the screw&wood one didn't get chosen. Could we change the forum to the screw&wood one, and have RandomFerret use his creation for a thread tag? It's good, and I'd hate for it to go to waste. I'm thinking it would work for "RENOs", or "Renovations". Hell, it could replace the PROJECT tag which is a little bland right now.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

nielsm posted:

I have no clue why this is supposed to be funny. It just looks dumb.

There was an ex-mod named grover who made a particularly horrible addition to his house. He actually became a building inspector so that he could sign off on it. Once he completed his death trap, one if the first things he did was almost burn it down. He brought his grill too close to the house and melted the vinyl siding.

groverhaus tag sucks. Please change it to the DIY one with the slanted D.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Thank you! Now just add the other one as a post icon for renovations and it'll be perfect.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
The Grover tag made me laugh a lot and it made me click on this forum for the first time. But yeah, now that people have seen it I guess the other one is better.

evacuate meatspace
Jun 26, 2014

there is a monster at
the end of this thread
design by committee somehow produced the best tag on the index

nice job!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

evacuate meatspace posted:

design by committee somehow produced the best tag on the index

nice job!

Your avatar is awfully suspicious...