Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##concede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ernest Hemingway posted:

“If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”

After a long, armed conflict, the major European powers had once again entered a state of uneasy peace amid worn hostility. République française reigned supreme over the continent, as the victor... right? Right?

Chic Trombone, President of the French Republic, has won the game of Diplomacy through concession and is now the sole hegemon of Europe!

Congrats Chic. And congratulations to everyone. This game got a little long, I know, but I thought it was a lot of fun to watch and I appreciate the time and trust you put in me as a mod.

Awesome game. :)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

:toot:

will there be a link to the specdoc/confessionals/etc?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a fun game but I think I'm out of my element here.

Thanks for providing it :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Confessionals

Spec doc was just a chat channel in the discord. You can see it now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haha chic you scoundrel.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah, not really, fun game! Good partner (sort of, if the confessional is anything to go by.)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i really was aiming for the draw between us but did try my hardest to position us so that if one of us had to cede it would be you ceding to me

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also i did seriously consider backstabbing you at a couple points, but CHIC TROMPOLEON is a woman of her word so i didn't

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
apologies for anything hateful i said over the course of the game. i was very invested and the replacements did ruffle my feathers at the time.

i feel like the long term decisions i made were sound, i stand by most of them. thanks so much for hosting BottleKnight, it was a pleasure playing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I legit hosed up a critical move late in the game, so I own my loss here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I plan on making another game someday, but will reduce the deadlines.

It was a pleasure. Thanks y'all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thanks BK! You put up with this for a really long time. I appreciated it!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Vive la France! I was rooting for Chic myself. That was fun to watch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CCKeane posted:

We are the winners in this game of diplomacy, for we leave with a stronger friendship.

You weren't playing Diplomacy then.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, Chic and I both spent hours offering a three way tie to Taste if he would offer us support in taking out Keane. He wavered on it a little too much so we never really considered that it would come about after that. I think he really didn't trust that we would honor it, even though it would have been kinda hard and unfeasible to crack the Turkey nut. Then Taste did that backstab move later against me and it was Chic's game at that point.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm curious though, were it to be slogged out would Max be eaten up and then the 3 remaining powers just left to themselves? Was anyone here in an absolutely objective victory situation?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm curious though, were it to be slogged out would Max be eaten up and then the 3 remaining powers just left to themselves? Was anyone here in an absolutely objective victory situation?

Yes, Chic could have gotten the needed SCs very quickly.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Yeah, Chic and I both spent hours offering a three way tie to Taste if he would offer us support in taking out Keane. He wavered on it a little too much so we never really considered that it would come about after that. I think he really didn't trust that we would honor it, even though it would have been kinda hard and unfeasible to crack the Turkey nut. Then Taste did that backstab move later against me and it was Chic's game at that point.

Weird, Taste is still insisting to me that he never had an alliance with Russia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I mean he told me constantly that he would never betray someone. But then he did betray me, so I dunno.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was very clear about telling pmom I wasn't committed to keane long term until he forced me to be so

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FALL 1902

quote:

Pmom: Stab Keane, and you have control of your destiny in the game, idk what to tell you
Taste: I'm not going to stab people I've told I'm not aggressive toward

END SCENE

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh hey Pmom you were a cool partner for the time you were in the game. You helped point out some things that I hadn't thought of as a new player, and were super savvy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

FALL 1902

END SCENE

Have three enemies surrounding you, but hell, you'll be in control of your own destiny!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sorry Kash for doing you a bit dirty. I obviously wasn't that worked up about the Eng move but it was a useful inciting event to precipitate the FGvE conflict.

Max posted:

Oh hey Pmom you were a cool partner for the time you were in the game. You helped point out some things that I hadn't thought of as a new player, and were super savvy.

You and Somber were both really cool it was great for the time I was in the game~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Have three enemies surrounding you, but hell, you'll be in control of your own destiny!

You created those enemies by aligning yourself with Russia!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i was genuine about seeing a russia/turkey stab as the only winning move for either of them v0v

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I "aligned" by having a DMZ and you telling anyone who would listen it was an alliance

Tbf I think I tried to make a three way alliance at one point too so I do hold some responsibility

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

i was genuine about seeing a russia/turkey stab as the only winning move for either of them v0v

Same. I was 100% genuine that R/T was a losing move for Taste, and emphatically and sincerely warned him about it from the beginning. :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Same. I was 100% genuine that R/T was a losing move for Taste, and emphatically and sincerely warned him about it from the beginning. :shrug:

You also knowingly suggested I was more allied than I was for personal benefit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You also knowingly suggested I was more allied than I was for personal benefit

i mean we could argue semantics but i wasn't 'convinced' of anything about you by pin, neither was the rest of the olive garden. it was pretty clear you were 'working in the spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation' with russia.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was doing the same with every neighbor until they broke trust

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I was doing the same with every neighbor until they broke trust

oh?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the problem is that this game can't be a hugbox or literally nothing happens.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Taste and I weren't allies, oh no.

We were LOVERS.

That's right.

I AM WITH TASTE'S CHILD!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

At the point we were talking about, where peramene and somber were my neighbors, yes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh I should come clean, pera did not call me a fuckboi.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The real winner of this game is Somber, who got a tasteful nude from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

The real winner of this game is Somber, who got a tasteful nude from me.

no kidding.

• Locked thread