Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Charlz Guybon posted:

There've been six million votes cast in Florida already. Will they be counted already when the polls close?

I believe so. It will still take a while for the precincts to report in and release them, though. I've read that Florida can be quick to report, although it can be slow to count. Also, because the trailing time zone is in the conservative panhandle, we don't find out until an hour after most of Florida reports what the total vote is.

It will be pretty apparent though if there is a lot of Latino turnout in Miami. If Miami is far ahead of Obama in 2012, it makes Florida a lot safer for Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

kapparomeo posted:

The fight for the White House 2020 begins now!

Is it a bake-off?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ewan posted:

How accurate are the US exit polls considered to be? In the UK, they are generally considered pretty accurate (as opposed to pre-polling which everyone has lost all faith in after the last election & Brexit vote). I'm thinking of staying up until then and unless they suggest a very close result should be a god indication of the final result.

The exit polling is generally not going to be out much earlier than the relevant states start getting actual results in, so it's already going to be like midnight your time before more than a few are out.

You're probably better off going to sleep early and then waking up like 3 or 4 am your time tomorrow when a substantial amount of the real vote totals will have been counted.

• Locked thread