Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Some of you might remember me from last week, when I posted the teaser for our new game - Thermidor
The thread was closed, and I assume it was because I didn't reply to any of the comments.
I apologize for that...:blush:
We had a crazy week last week here at HyperDevbox, and on top of that, there was a national holiday, and by the time I got back to the thread, it was moved in to the Comedy Gas Chamber.

Anyway, lots of questions were asked, some interesting comments were made, and as usual, there were dick jokes, insults, and just the normal trolling.
Hopefully this time, I'm doing things right, and I will try to answer ALL of your questions and take part in the discussion.

It wasn't my intent to "spam" you guys, but just inform you about our campaign for the JRPG Thermidor.

As a quick reply to a lot of the questions and complaints, this is just a teaser!, It's just to get the word out, and to pique your curiosity.
As soon as the campaign launches (hopefully in a couple of weeks), ALL the info about the game will be released, including gameplay footage, and lots of other cool stuff.

So if you are interested in the genre, want to know more about the game/our company/life in Japan, or whatnot, どうぞ!!!
:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
haha oh my god

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the thread was closed because the illuminati has infiltrated sa and doesnt want your smash success to get off the ground

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Did you dream a dream in order to come up with that setting? I can imagine the confrontation that happened when the master of the house looked down on empty chairs at empty tables and found you all working on your mid 18th century passion project.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I like your strategy of not answering the few legitimate questions from the last thread

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm gay im gay cuck cucked cuckold cuckservative ted cruz tom brady hth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
a'ight

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What are Napoleon's special moves?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
closing your stickied thread isn't very epic!!!

e: I continue to be a kneejerk shithead, OP does need pics/video though

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 23, 2016

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

To be fair, this is a much better OP than the previous, although in that one she did successfully identify me as a gaijin gamer. She's also being much more gracious about being thoroughly mocked and dismissed than I would be, so I say: good job.

I will note, however, that the reason for the less-than-charitable reception is a strong part of the microculture here: an individual thread is pretty important. There's not a thread to share Gigamaidens screenshots and a thread to share Gigamaidens mods and a thread for Gigamaidens matchmaking and a thread for Gigamaidens story discussion, there's just the one thread per game or subject, with very few exceptions. So relatively low-effort threads aren't looked upon fondly.

In addition, somebody showing up with a recently-registered account to promote their game is almost universally derided, for both fair and unfair reasons.

Since your thread is pretty light on content, it's an even bigger target. None of this is your FAULT, or means you've ruined Everything Forever, but I'd just come back later on and revive this thread with an edited OP with all that stuff that's going to be released then. The videos, screenshots, descriptions of game systems. Your OP isn't objectively bad, but as it stands it's a poor fit for the common 'feel' of SA.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
To answer some questions from the previous thread -

"what are your game's gameplay features?"
The gameplay features will be revealed at the start of the campaign.

"when you say 'massive,' how do you mean? a lot of different routes, like tactics ogre or covenant of the plume? or do you just mean it's really long? "
We are planning on having lots of stages, and a good number of playable and non-playable characters, with a proper storyline.

"a srpg about the french revolution is a neat idea. will you be sticking to a more realistic tone or will there be magic and stuff? will it stick close to the history or go off into its own original plot? is it directly about the french revolution or just using it as a backdrop? "
The plan is for the game to be truthful to the historical events of that time, but with some pizzazz. There might be "magic and stuff", and there might not! :cheeky:

"can you make a procedurally generated universe, space ships and aliens a stretch goal? if you can make anime concept art i'm sure something like that would be trivial."
Probably not... sorry.

"Will there be Oculus Rift support?"
Don't think so, no.

"How many anime breasts will I be able to see in your game?"
At least two.

"dont you have to be japanese to make a jrpg?"
By defenition, yes. HyperDevbox is a Japanese company based in Tokyo that employs both Japanese and foreigners.
In my case, I've lived almost a third of my life in Japan, which I guess makes me 1/3 Japanese?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

hyperdevbox posted:

At least two.

Obviously Joan of Arc's right breast is one, but whose does the other belong to? I'm gonna take a long shot here and place a bet on Samus Aran.

But seriously: will there be a branching storyline, or any changing events at all? Or is it more classic-style than that?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

John Lee posted:

Obviously Joan of Arc's right breast is one, but whose does the other belong to? I'm gonna take a long shot here and place a bet on Samus Aran.

But seriously: will there be a branching storyline, or any changing events at all? Or is it more classic-style than that?

I'm really sorry, but I can't give you an answer for that before we release the campaign. And don't forget that the game is being developed, and the storyline is being written as we speak, so a lot of aspects of the game are not certain yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

legitimately dude: just post about the kickstarter in the kickstarter thread when the campaign actually launches and you have actual gameplay and stuff to show. registering with your company's username just to post a thread for your game feels kinda tacky, especially when you don't have much to show.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
hey i too have a fun japanese game made in japan check out this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qUiytLYRc

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

legitimately dude: just post about the kickstarter in the kickstarter thread when the campaign actually launches and you have actual gameplay and stuff to show. registering with your company's username just to post a thread for your game feels kinda tacky, especially when you don't have much to show.

Seconding. People here are receptive to a Kickstarter if it looks like you've got an actual game that you've been working on and which piques people's interest. Dropping a Kickstarter with a promotional video that's mostly just a bunch of anime stills and promising, "We're for sure going to produce a game out of this," isn't going to carry much weight when we've got a subforum dedicated to one of history's most notoriously awful Kickstarters just next door.

Like, I enjoy JRPGs and the French Revolution as much as the next guy. Just give me one or two battle scenes and a couple of shots of the main JRPG protagonist walking around Paris and I'll be willing to throw a few bucks your way.

Alvie
May 22, 2008

MadBimber posted:

hey i too have a fun japanese game made in japan check out this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qUiytLYRc

I'm in. What are the stretch goals?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

hyperdevbox posted:

At least two.

More importantly, how many waifus can you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endorph posted:

Please do this. It is a far better option for you. We traditionally don't allow people to register and start posting about crowdfunding their non games. You could also start a thread in Ask/Tell if you wanted.

Thank you kindly.

• Locked thread