Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Hello all, a ghost is haunting my computer he keeps moving all of my desktop icons and making netscape my default browser, this morning when I woke up Microsoft Word 2013 was open with a cryptic message stating "please upgrade your RAM".

I've tried wiping the hard drive but when I boot BIOS "safe mode" is replaced with "spooky mode" anyone have similar problems or solutions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
I tried defragmenting but the ghost must have gotten offended because he changed my wallpaper to a picture of a moldy loaf of bread and deleted all my Springsteen MP3s.

Ace of Baes
All of my bookmarks have been replaced with links to streams of Casper, Ghost, Poltergeist etc. I've also noticed a weird green fluid in my keyboard+mouse.

Ace of Baes
I was worried he was going to haunt my smartphone too, but it turns out ghosts hate data caps even more than the living.

Comp-U-Shit
I think you're in the wrong forum. Para/Con is down a step.

Comp-U-Shit
THat could just be a side effect of your haunted computer though. You might get actual hel;p deghostifying your computer from there so its employing self defense mechanisms.

AEMINAL

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
dont listen to any postsd its just your AV software doing its elaborate uphrfrade or die scheme

we hose off a billion systems yearly ova heeere

FluffieDuckie

moved to byob bump

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

Ace of Baes: There's a ghost in the machine! Help!

Venkman: isn't that more of a computer science concept or possibly even an anime?

AoB: no like an actual ghost

ass
All of the default Windows sound files were swapped with World's Loudest Orgasm, and my programs were renamed to juvenile puns like Mozilla Firefuck and Abobe Photoshit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
every time i sit down to turn on my computer there is a face looking back at me, the monitor isn't even on yet, it frightens me and i just back away hoping that next time the face isn't there... but it always is

Fredflonston

Luvcow posted:

every time i sit down to turn on my computer there is a face looking back at me, the monitor isn't even on yet, it frightens me and i just back away hoping that next time the face isn't there... but it always is

Try turning off all the lights before you flip!

FutonForensic

my god... the hundreds of process I've killed have come back to take their revenge

Darkman Fanpage
my printer keeps printing out pages with the word "boo" on it. at first it was scary now it's annoying

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Loading Spooks...........Done!
Loading Screams............Done!
Loading Frights...........Done!

Welcome to BooOS!

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
mags

I am a congenital optimist.
BooOS splash screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWum0VRc6MI

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
FutonForensic

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

social vegan

*John McAfee with a gopro strapped to his chest wandering through a dark house until the ICQ "uhoh" plays, camera is over run with artefacts and cut to commercial*

social vegan

every time ICQ loaded a ghost onto your computer it knew it was a bad idea

fuck. marry. t-rex

gently caress the computer and cum in it.

e: turn it off then on again

Kashuno

Where the hell is my SWORD?
How did you post here if the ghost took over your computer? Unless..oh my god no...it's you. You're the ghost Ace of Baes! :ohdear:

Darkman Fanpage

downlaoding this is just begging to have your computer haunted. don't do it!

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
I tried running an antivirus but the ghost just came out of the computer and beat the poo poo out of me

Manifisto

shwa posted:

I tried running an antivirus but the ghost just came out of the computer and beat the poo poo out of me

performing an exorcism without booting into safe mode? that's a scrub move

ty nesamdoom!

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls

Manifisto posted:

performing an exorcism without booting into safe mode? that's a scrub move

Anyone have a bugfix to stop my head spinning around?

Bhauk

shwa posted:

Anyone have a bugfix to stop my head spinning around?

Defrag your system and run a clean check on your bios hth

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Make sure you leave solitaire or another game open so your ghost doesn't get bored when you aren't home.

A computer ghost is a big responsibility and you gotta feed it memory sticks every day and take it for walks on the interweb.

Manifisto

hey guys please scan this qr code, I know it's an odd request but you'd be helping me out of a jam ty

ty nesamdoom!

big black turnout

Manifisto posted:

hey guys please scan this qr code, I know it's an odd request but you'd be helping me out of a jam ty

lol

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
You forgot to post "Stay Safe Poverty Ghost!" in the appropriate thread. Nothing can save you now.

jyrque

You better start believing in ghost threads...

... Because you are in one :ghost:

Bhauk

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

gently caress the computer and cum in it.

e: turn it off then on again

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Manifisto posted:

I scanned this code and now my phone is haunted! It keeps telling me my bill is due in 7 Days! This morning it's down to 6!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Goatse in the machine. Nothing you can do about it unfortunately. You are the one that clicked that link and now its here with you forever.

• Locked thread