Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

Harry nods abruptly as the directions to the big guns are translated, taking point as is the big Maori's wont. "Days' awastin' ladies and gents. Let's shake a leg."

heading further into the belly of the beast. Anyone a sniper? Might wanna set up here just to cause maximum chaos or cover us if we end up down there somewhere, dunno. Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Séverine Gascoigne

Séverine gingerly steps into the smoldering corridor after Harry. "Agreed. Let's press onward," she concurs and readies her submachine gun.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Joe Carter
Bennies 3 Dementia 0

He looks around the room making sure there's no other threats and then begins to move down the hall. His machine gun is at the ready in case the group needed some covering fire.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

"Right, no time to waste!" Though making sure his grenades are NOT where the fire can even try to reach them is not wasting time. Maksim gestures to the office worker before he leaves. "Others will be here soon. You will know! Remain safe." Not like there's anywhere to run, out here.

Having settled that, he follows the heavy weaponry into the burning hallway. "I am not equipped for sniper duty, regrettably. Is good idea, though."

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Burgeoning thunder blooms to resonate and reverberate throughout the concrete corridor—and as dust and detritus are dislodged to sprinkle down over the advancing assault team, it becomes belatedly clear that Ritscher Station was on the receiving end of return fire from the Allied fleet. Calls echo through the halls, loud-speakers directing personnel and soldiers in attendance to various battle stations and deployments and as Harry rounds the burning hall’s corner, he catches glimpse of a band of light at the far end ahead: a vantage into the exterior.

Built into the cliffside of the arctic shore, Ritscher Station seemingly boasted a curtain of concrete and steel from which enormous gun emplacement had been shrouded, shielded and stowed—couched within to safely salvo devastation artillery fire against oncoming vessels and troops. Another round of nearly deafening, shuddering booms sound off as huge ordinance is loosed over great distances, clangs echoing from massive discharged shells spilling free.

In the low light it’s difficult to discern much detail—until, at least, Harry spies the nearly pinprick glimmers of Allied deck guns crackling off a barrage of bombardment in turn. After a moment’s delay, again the station shakes from impacts on arrival—and at the far end of that long stretch of passage Harry sees severals soldiers taking up firing positions.

There’s ground to cover between the ends of the passage to the ‘front’ of Ritscher Station here—a dangerous trek, all told. Up ahead there’s soldiers getting ready to fire, but Harry’s still out of flamethrower range presently. Beyond, the station has huge gun emplacements laying down fire on the approaching Allied fleet, but it’s hard to make out just what sort of damage is being laid out from where you’re at.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

Making his way as stealthily as a big boy loaded for bear can, he moves towards the sound of explosions. As they grow louder he crouches lower out of habit, ignoring the dust and keeping his feet among the shaking. The sliver of light at the end of the tunnel reveals something other than an oncoming train, but not much better.

He smirks as he sees the men setting up for their arrival, muttering, "Aw, tea party for us? Don't have to go through all that bother. I've brought pineapples enough to share."

If discretion is the better part of valor, Harry's the worse. He shoulders his rifle and takes a grenade in each hand, pulling the pin on one, then takes of running down the corridor into the line of fire, figuring the element of surprise should win him a few seconds at least. Not like there's any cover in this killbox anyway.

C'mon, who wants to live forever? Rushing our hosts before they get a chance to properly settle in, winging a grenade or two at them as soon as I feel like I'm in range. Throwing d6, agility d8

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Séverine Gascoigne

"Supporting fire!" the officer calls out as she sidesteps to try finding a clear shot.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

The pilot legs it after the others, quickly stuffing into his bag what important documents he can find mentioning the other Nazi base and this Oberst Hannah Wernicke. He takes to following Harry's movements, crouching as the tall maori man does and trying to shield his eyes from the falling dust and debris. As far as bombings go, he much prefers it from the air.

When Harry takes off running into the enemy guns, he has but a moment to shake off his surprise before he steps in the opposite direction of Séverine and pulls his own sten up to provide some covering fire.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

As the heavy weapons open up on the fascists, Maksim takes stock of the situation. Strategy is not his strongest suit, but based on what they've seen so far, this base probably has enough Nazis to keep them preoccupied until those guns run out of ammo. Unacceptable.

The paratrooper gives Dicky a quick nod, keep them busy, and then makes a break for it. Down the hall, into whatever side passage or side-dodge presents itself, no time for a plan, just go. With a huge New Zealander in their face he can only hope they won't notice him so easily. Then maybe he can get closer--or even past them. Worth a shot!

Stealth roll came out as a 5, though I've lost the IRC logs on my end.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 14, 2019

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Desperate times and deadly measures shape a crystal clarity for Harry, the big man hammering down the concrete corridor with grenades cradled hand in hand. With the clang and clatter of debris rattled loose by incoming bombardment, the commando can feel the vibrations in his very core—lobbing an explosive introduction bouncing off ahead of his approach.

A din of chaos swells, nigh deafening as concussive force and rattled off rounds of automatic fire flood the confines of the corridor, ears left ringing and heads reeling; Harry is absently aware of a round of incoming fire grazing him, adrenaline coursing dizzyingly through his system. At Harry’s back at the entrance to the passage, Séverine and Dicky take up opposite positions as smoke, dust and debris blossom out obscuring ready sight.

Thunderous quakes rock the facility, the full force of the Allied fleet’s cannonade colliding with countless tons of stone and steel. Alarms blare, voices shout over intercoms—and whence the team came, its more belated members have become embroiled in hunkering down and battling German forces engaging from the rear. With those who remain engaged in the thick of a most fateful and dangerous stretch: the odds were growing treacherous.

Maksim searches for purchase, seeking to be lost to the enemy among the chaos as it unfolds; tucking himself into a narrow aside, the soldier presses past a steel door—a hazarded glance spying Harry squared off against great peril. Deeper still, Maksim finds himself presented with an opening… onto a catwalk stretched over the span of the great cavern below. Off in the distance far below, he spies the ongoing carnage those monstrous mounts let loose had caused.

And there, further still, Maksim sees them: a half dozen men and women in long black coats wearing swords and other implements making haste towards what appears to be a sectioned off portion of the facility, removed from the rest of its faculties and festooned with long tapestries presenting the symbols of the Black Sun order. Up on his level, Maksim’s catwalk seems to wrap over to the opposite side of the cavern where another door can be seen—away from where his comrades have engaged.

Harry’s first grenade found purchase; a bouquet of return fire missed Harry, and several rounds hit the big man but did not overcome his Toughness to result in actual wounds, big beef monstrosity that he is (and lucky as all get-out.) I operated on the execution of Dicky and Séverine laying down covering fire, so their suppression helped prevent additional attacks against Harry; it’s hard to see what’s going on down there though.

We’ll go ahead and posit that anyone who’s fallen off / behind in the thread at this point is likely on the rear guard engaged with the growing number of German forces presenting themselves in pursuit.

Meanwhile, Maksim has spied some peculiar activity elsewhere, deeper in the facility—activity that seems askew with what the rest of the Ritscher operational forces have engaged with given the Allied assault. Speaking of which, the Allied fleet is laying down some serious firepower—unfortunately, you’re all in the vicinity of the receiving end.

Oh, and everyone can have 10 experience points and two advances.

For folks that are still into this and wanting to continue, any feelings on exploring converting to the new edition of Savage Worlds down the line—provided, of course, you don’t all die horribly here making it a moot point.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Séverine Gascoigne

Her eyes frantically dart from ally to ally! She clenches her teeth, squints at the cloud of debris, then squeezes the trigger.

I'm willing to check out the new edition.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Joe Carter
Bennies 3 Dementia 0

Hearing the call for supporting fire, Joe hefts his Spandau and makes his way up. He makes sure the machine gun is loaded as he picks his shot. Having a clear shot Joe beings to hose the hallway down in suppressing fire. Give them something other than Harry to worry about, he thinks to himself.

Assuming Joe can get to a spot where I can lay down suppressing fire, he's going to open up suppressing fire down the hallway.

Maschinengewehr 42 (Damage 2d8, RoF 3, 30/60/120, Shots 20/50, Min Str d8, AP 2, Auto, Snapfire)

Having some issues with IRC, so I can't roll. Also I'll stick with the game no matter what.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Yes. Yes! Down the side, around the Nazis while Harry grabs their attention--

But then something grabs his. Maksim doesn't recognize the coats or the swords, but it's really not hard to put two and two together with the symbol of the Black Sun. Based on what little he knows about what the fascists are doing down here, the most dangerous place in the base is going to be wherever those bastards are.

He jabs his head back into the hall, waving until he gets Dicky's attention. "Black Sun! Down here!" But there is no time. He certainly hasn't forgotten the guns... but they have a massive navy out there, meant to deal with those guns. They are NOT meant to deal with whatever hell these Black Sun might uncork, the attack on the Habbakuk was evidence enough of that. They must be stopped.

Maksim takes off at a run. No other Allied force is in this position, but he is! If anyone is to stop them, it has to be him!

This absolutely struck me as a position that twigs Overconfident, so Maksim is making a cursory effort to get the team's attention on the effort before charging off to save the day. Or get his rear end extremely dead, but, you know. Moving at maximum speed in the direction of the Black Sun part of the base.

I'm entirely willing to check out a new edition, if you're still willing to have my flaky rear end in the thread. We almost certainly would want to open another round of recruitment if we do that--or maybe regardless.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 3, 2019

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

Adrenaline is an old friend, and he welcomes its accompanying clarity and numbness as bullets whiz by his ears, some doubtless leaving a mark he may be alive enough to worry about later. But later is Later, and now is Now. The Enemy is still ahead, though lessened in number, and behind friends no less dangerous for all they seek to help.

Pineapple one is a well-served dish, and he appreciates it. Time for pineapple two, and then maybe some German flambé.

second verse, same as the first. If I survive that, I'll assume I'm in flamethrower range and let fly.

new rules are fine by me

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

As the carnage roars around him, Dicky keeps his nerves and aim steady as he rattles off shots toward the enemy. Regardless of if his shots hit or not, it seems to do the trick of keeping Jerry from taking down their Maori monster.

He catches Maksim's frantic waving out of the corner of his eye and can only just make out what the man is saying to him before the Russian darts away again.

"The bloody hell are you going?!" he shouts incredulously. He swears under his breath, the words that would make his mother blush drowned out by the deafening firefight.

With only a split second to decide, he takes off after his Russian ally. "I'm going after him!" he calls to whoever can hear him. "Crazy bugger might get himself killed without me there to stop it!" He prays to God that his other allies won't need him there to help, but he can't leave Maksim running off alone into whatever danger the man's found.

Dicky, being Overconfident, Loyal and Brave, will take off after Maksim and the Black Sun fellows.

I'm good to try the new rules too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Maksim looks over his shoulder, and grins. "Ah, comrade! You did not need to come, but I appreciate it!" He points at the disappearing figures on the far side of the room. "There! Devils in black, and all kinds of trappings. It can only be bad news, yes?"