Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

green monsters XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dingy dive bars where you're not sure if you're going to get stabbed walking in and with enough pool tables that I don't have to wait to play a game.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Crow

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Anywhere where they sell craft cocktails by certified world class mixologists. I need to have all kinds of bullshit in my drink and it needs to look like a speakeasy because atmosphere.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Re

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
theres a sweet spot between dive bar and sports bar thats really nice...like they probably only have 1 or 2 "expensive beers" but they'll have the real poo poo on tap for cheap, half off thursdays etc etc. pretty girls...but the kind with fake tits not the ones who clutch their pearls while driving white range rovers; you know the type. they'll have the games on and they turn up the sound too. usually theres a rotating group of bartenders that you can score weed from. anyways thats my input

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Cobra Commander posted:

Anywhere where they sell craft cocktails by certified world class mixologists. I need to have all kinds of bullshit in my drink and it needs to look like a speakeasy because atmosphere.

the best bar is actually an unpretentious craft cocktail bar but theyre very rare

that or a dive bar with paintings of naked politicians on the walls

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Regrettable posted:

Dingy dive bars where you're not sure if you're going to get stabbed walking in and with enough pool tables that I don't have to wait to play a game.

roymorrison posted:

theres a sweet spot between dive bar and sports bar thats really nice...like they probably only have 1 or 2 "expensive beers" but they'll have the real poo poo on tap for cheap, half off thursdays etc etc. pretty girls...but the kind with fake tits not the ones who clutch their pearls while driving white range rovers; you know the type. they'll have the games on and they turn up the sound too. usually theres a rotating group of bartenders that you can score weed from. anyways thats my input

These guys know what's up.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I like the kind of bar where I can pass out on my couch

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
One where you get free drinks because you blow lines in the bathroom with the bartender.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

luv 2 date boys posted:

you talking about red doors now? Maybe you in the wrong thread

no, lets go to L Street

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I like bars where they have good things to drink at a fair price and a place to smoke. I am in one of those now.

Dives are kinda cool if you ever need to feel like you're doing okay in life. 2pm on a weekday in a dingy smoky dive full of 50 year old regulars listening to old country or old lovely classic rock will remind you it can be much worse, especially when they're already shitfaced and start telling you about their lives whether you want to hear it or not.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
my fav dive ever back during the glory days of my early 20s used to have free food, free pool, and free darts - also had a metal detector at the entrance...surprisingly after a few too many incidents they had their license pulled

:911: :beerpal: :rip:

The_end
May 17, 2014
Lounge type bars without karaoke or cover bands.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo
$2 longnecks and facial piercings. Also, pulltabs.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Pecs On Spec posted:

I like bars where they have good things to drink at a fair price and a place to smoke. I am in one of those now.

Dives are kinda cool if you ever need to feel like you're doing okay in life. 2pm on a weekday in a dingy smoky dive full of 50 year old regulars listening to old country or old lovely classic rock will remind you it can be much worse, especially when they're already shitfaced and start telling you about their lives whether you want to hear it or not.

those are the only people i like talking to at bars

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Any place where I might get stabbed. I also like a jukebox with a lot of Replacements on it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The kind where they serve me long after I've started slurring, and also they don't ask me if I'm driving because we both know either I'm not or I'm going to lie when they ask

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Pecs On Spec posted:

As a 50 year old regular at a dive working-class bar, I can say that you're maybe missing some interesting stories and people. Maybe not though; I'm strictly a weekender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
whatever bar im working at at the time bc all my alcohol is free

• Locked thread