Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

My head canon is that our tanks each took out three Russian tanks, and the flaming wreckage of the Russian tanks rolled over a company of their infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Man, GI hasn't posted since the 4th. I hope he's alright :ohdear:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

So at what point can we declare this officially dead and go look at what the reds were doing?

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Anyone peek at the Russian thread yet? I saw someone posted in the open thread and was tempted to go look.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Chunky Monkey posted:

Anyone peek at the Russian thread yet? I saw someone posted in the open thread and was tempted to go look.

I'm reading all of them as a lowly watcher. A couple of Russians have surrendered command and jumped into the observer thread to kibitz, but the majority are giving GI a week or two more.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Notahippie posted:

I'm reading all of them as a lowly watcher. A couple of Russians have surrendered command and jumped into the observer thread to kibitz, but the majority are giving GI a week or two more.

Honestly, at this point it's been a month. I really hope GI is alright, but there's a good chance that he's not coming back.

I'd be fine with offering the Soviets a mutual ceasefire, and if GI does come back he can run a couple more turns going off of current orders as closure.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah at this point even if GI did come back he would probably end the game, with all the screwiness that has happened.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I'd say it's over, yeah. I was giving GI a month, and that's tomorrow, so I'll probably hop over to the other threads and see how things were going overall.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well, if no one has any objections, could someone from the observer thread let the Soviets know we're formally offering a ceasefire to end the game in GI's absence?

That is, unless they want to surrender first :v:

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Ambassadorin' away.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I can't be sure without GI to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure all my pixelmans are gloriously dead anyway. I have already spoiled myself on the open and russian threads, and am therefore leaving.

Good game, everybody! It wasn't perfect, but war is an imperfect state of affairs, and this was a really fun time!

I hope to see every one of you next goon CM thread!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Did the Russians ever give an official response?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well, it's been a month and a half now. Even if GI comes back, it's not like there will be many people left to run the game. I'll see you all in the observer thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Ceasefire accepted, I was waiting to see if GI responded in the threads. See you in the observer thread o7

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread