Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

dookifex_maximus posted:

well everybody knows the political system is all about attaining or preserving privileges for your specific configuration of intersecting personal traits.

the subject is the fact that racism and sexism are a more of a function of power than of actual preconceptions and prejudices. because the n word possesses this power, it is racist, while the word honkey is merely a racially charged minority appropriation of the n word's social and cultural superstructures.

because we live in a globally competitive society, and nobody's right or wrong (except foreigners), the only real metric you can judge a politician's value is by how little hypocrisy they display, because it really should be me in that seat getting the kickbacks, but that's a different subject

so from this perspective, there are two sides, the patriarchy and minorities, if a person who is a beneficiary of patriarchy says or does a thing, it can be honest (in support of patriarchy) or dishonest (bernie sanders) and if a minority says or does a thing it can be honest (elizabeth warren) or dishonest (those crazy alt-right ladies who want to be chained to the stove)

hmm i think im kinda getting your point but rather than worrying about a bunch of debatable academic concepts id say a better metric to judge a politician is their ability to achieve real results for example warren just broke some bankers hand and he paid her like 40 mil so she wouldnt bust up the one he jerks off with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
that sounds a little too sane for us politics, i'm sure some lone nut will keep things going the way they are

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
zero irony post, i want bernie and warren together as duumvirs for the purposes of establishing a better republic with a new constitution

• Locked thread