Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I hate Cody Garbrandt because his neck tattoo makes him look like he permanently has a turtle neck on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

Not a great decision but you cant complain that much when you have the guy hurt and then continue running away and looking panicked
Yeah between Lineker holding the center for basically 98% of the fight and his frequent HIT ME MORE theatrics he captured that elusive x-factor of making the judges like one guy slightly more. Great fight though, inexplicable that it got more boos than the absolute diarrhea garbagefest that immediately preceded it

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lineker vs Dodson really deserved Fight of the Night. That fight loving owned and as it was on whether or not to nominate it for fight of the year.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Bet you Dodson got a fat locker room check. They didn't make it FOTN because they didn't want to reward Lineker for being a fat gently caress.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

K8.0 posted:

Bet you Dodson got a fat locker room check. They didn't make it FOTN because they didn't want to reward Lineker for being a fat gently caress.

Since the new owners took over, there hasn't been any locker room bonuses.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Since the new owners took over, there hasn't been any locker room bonuses.

There a source on this? Just questioning everything

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Being in the crowd, the main event seemed lackluster after some kicking rad prelims and stuff.

I am going to go back and watch it live and see how the exchanges might be different, but in watching it live from the stands it didnt seem like Dodson was taking much damage, but also didnt seem like he was landing much of his own.

Also, by the end of the night people in the crowd were calling fighters pussies for taking time out for groin strikes. It was pretty crazy.

My seats were right next to the area where all the fighters entered the arena so it was interesting seeing each fighter's demeanor as they walked to the cage. Moreno was SUPER stoked to be there. Cowboy was all dancey and was super stoked that a Brazilian was there and gave him a flag. I particularly like when he danced somewhat provocatively at a female security guard and she rolled her eyes at him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Pwny_Xpress posted:

I am going to go back and watch it live and see how the exchanges might be different, but in watching it live from the stands it didnt seem like Dodson was taking much damage, but also didnt seem like he was landing much of his own.

It was the complete opposite. They beat the poo poo out of each other.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

maffew buildings posted:

There a source on this? Just questioning everything

The MMA Beat, one of the last two episodes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If true, that loving sucks. What with Reebok being awful and that on top, fighters would be losing a lot of money overall.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It was the complete opposite. They beat the poo poo out of each other.

i saw very few of lineker's landing anything like clean and dodson winning basically every exchange as well as landing one head kick a round that would drop a rhinoceros but somehow could not drop a brazillian midget

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i saw very few of lineker's landing anything like clean and dodson winning basically every exchange as well as landing one head kick a round that would drop a rhinoceros but somehow could not drop a brazillian midget

Lineker landed a ton to the body and was catching Dodson up top as he exited with hooks the whole fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Lineker landed a ton to the body and was catching Dodson up top as he exited with hooks the whole fight.

i'm sure he did, or he wouldn't have won.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i'm sure he did, or he wouldn't have won.

Then why did you just say he didn't? What was the point of that post if you were going to contradict it the moment someone pointed out the truth?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Then why did you just say he didn't? What was the point of that post if you were going to contradict it the moment someone pointed out the truth?

i was saying what i saw, and i'm not going to start a NO WHAT I SAW WAS CORRECT with you, not just because the judges agree with you, but because you're one of two people on this forum i refuse to engage with because you're a tedious pedant

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
tbh I thought Dodson outlanded Lineker very clearly in 1-3, but every time there was a flurry the entire thing was so ludicrously fast I can't imagine being a judge and trying to figure out which guy got the better of it while watching upwards through a cage

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

tbh I thought Dodson outlanded Lineker very clearly in 1-3, but every time there was a flurry the entire thing was so ludicrously fast I can't imagine being a judge and trying to figure out which guy got the better of it while watching upwards through a cage

100% agree. also kind of backs up what the guy who watched it live said, and why there was a lot of boos. it would have looked like running running running SOMETHING running running. poo poo it looked like that to some people who were watching it on a television.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i was saying what i saw, and i'm not going to start a NO WHAT I SAW WAS CORRECT with you, not just because the judges agree with you, but because you're one of two people on this forum i refuse to engage with because you're a tedious pedant

Im the other one

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

Im the other one

Nah Dangersim is the other one. Not because he's pedantic though but because we both use English to create a dialogue that is in no way comprehensible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The problem is Dodson seemed to use the fence to avoid strikes and spring himself out of trouble or was losing balance backing into it while avoiding shots and it made him look like he was getting hit a lot of the time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

It is one thing to say you couldn't tell who was getting the better of the exchanges which is fine because they were crazy and fast. It is completely different and baffling to say Lineker didn't land anything clean.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

The problem is Dodson seemed to use the fence to avoid strikes and spring himself out of trouble or was losing balance backing into it while avoiding shots and it made him look like he was getting hit a lot of the time.

spot on. and like fd said i would not expect all the judges to get a good gauge on what was happening looking up and through a cage. i disagree with the decision pretty fiercely, but the more i think about it the more justifiable the decision seems in retrospect.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i refuse to engage with because you're a tedious pedant

sweet some pot kettle action and it's only the 2nd

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grandmaster.flv posted:

sweet some pot kettle action and it's only the 2nd

Nice. Owned again by you. drat.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Nice. Owned again by you. drat.

If it's any consolation you're right about tez and someone should buy his pedo avatar back

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Grandmaster.flv posted:

If it's any consolation you're right about tez and someone should buy his pedo avatar back

G-go on

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lets put an end to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Yo, absolutely do not call each other pedophiles or even insinuate it without actual proof, tia.

• Locked thread