Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

For the third Anime Masks team from here, consisting of the following.

Team 3
Sparkle Rose, the Delinquent - played by Arashi
Spectra, the Bull - played by Ferg
White Dog Princess, the Outsider - played by animedragonfly
Yami, the Nova - played by Hugzilla
Nikolas, the Newborn - played by Shogeton

Setting Infodoc
NPC Infodoc
Influence Sheet

Team Three is located in the former headquarters of the Central City Crusaders, a team that was recently decommissioned after some mysterious circumstances that lead to them abandoning the heroic lifestyle. It's large and pre-furnished, with more than enough rooms for all of you, a good sized kitchen, massive pool, game room and rec area, etc. Unfortunately, the Crusaders were a lot higher ranked than you all are, so it's possible their old enemies that know how to attack the Manor might put that knowledge to good use soon...

Crusader Manor: +Comfortable, +Big, -Vulnerable, -Secrets

Anyways, before I can start up the IC thread, here's what I need from all of you in Team 3.
- Answer the "When our Team First Came Together" prompts for each team member.
- Fill out your Relationships.
- Influence, the sheet for which is right here.
- Add your information to the infodocs when you have the time.
- Your vote for Team Captain for your team. Don't vote for yourself please.
- If you want to rename the Team or your base, vote for it here too.
- A name for the gamethread (optional).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Backgrounds

quote:

You hang out all the time with Sparkle Rose to blow off steam.

...Don't tell her this, but I actually really like being around her. She's... fun. Yea, we get into a lot of trouble together, but it's all in the name of good fun, right? Or that's what she told me.

It would be nice if she stopped switching my wardrobe to these... frilly, pink dresses. What's wrong with wanting to wear black all the time?

quote:

You once hurt Spectra when you lost control of your powers

One day, I asked Spectra to be my trainer. If I am to be a hero, then my spirit needs to be stronger so I can control the shadows better, so they never go out of control, and she felt like the perfect person to ask.

It was on our way to her gym. That's when we ran into them. Blood Ravens. They saw me, and yelled at me. They called me a traitor, ungrateful brat, backstabber. Spectra was getting ready to fight them, she told me to ignore them, but I couldn't. Their words got to me, and I lost it. I lashed out.

Spectra... saved me, but she got hurt. She said it was nothing, but I know how bad I hurt her. I thought she would hate me, like everybody else, but she didn't. She was still willing to help me.

I feel bad. I don't want to hurt anybody like that anymore. If it was anybody else who wasn't as strong as her, if it was Emi, I don't think I'd ever forgive myself.

Influence

quote:

Choose your demeanor: happy facade or locked down.
If you choose happy facade, give Influence to three teammates.

Sparkle Rose, she calls us "partners in crime." I don't think she means that literally, right? There was that one time we broke into a building of some big hero and replaced all their cushions with whoopee cushions, but that's not a crime, right?
Spectra, I want to be like her. She's so... strong, and sure of herself. Not like me. I still think her hair would be nicer if it came in different shades of red and black.
White Dog Princess, her name is White Dog Princess. White Dog Princess. She turns into a giant dog. Do you know how amazing that is? I wish I could turn into a giant bunny rabbit, just hopping around, without a care in the world.

Team Captain

My Ex-boss had a saying, "The strong lead, the weak follow." I know I've put my villain days behind me, but there are some lessons that are hard to forget, like that one. Strong did not just mean strength, but also force of will. If you are strong, you are right. If you are not right, you make it right. Those were the lessons drilled into my head growing up.

Spectra is strong, in the ways my lessons taught me, that's why I vote for her as captain.

...Um, not like I'm calling the rest of the team weak. I just mean they're weak compared to her? Wait, that came out wrong. Ugh, you know what I mean.

Team/Base Name

...Rainbow Force? Rainbow Garden? Really? We couldn't go for a cooler name, like Shadow Madness, Darkness Intent, Blood Reavers, or Paws of Justice?

...Wait, why are you laughing? I was serious about the last one...

Fine. Whatever. Rainbow Force it is.

When the team first came together

quote:

We destroyed our surroundings in the fight. Where was it? What did we destroy?

There's this park in Central Square, it's called Heroes Memorial Park. It's a park that's dedicated to the first set of heroes or whatever, and there're these big statues of them everywhere, and I guess some rich guy paid a lot of money for them? Sounds like a waste.

So, Megalith, he was huge, and I wasn't, so I had to think of a way to hurt him. I thought, yea, these statues are big, and who cares about a bunch of old dead guys anyways? I'll just lob them at him with my shadows.

Didn't work, of course. Sparkle Rose told me she'd "power up" the statues for me, and she did, I guess? They got all bright and glowy, which means they're better? She told me to throw all of them, at once, and I did. Took a lot out of me, but it got him good, along with a few buildings beside him. Whatever, they'll build new ones.

Oh, and I guess there are no more statues in the park, too, but who cares? Not like they were actually important.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 4, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Backgrounds

quote:

Spectra shows you around and tells you how things work.

I find Spectra to be a good source of information about the usual protocols to follow in my position. She is often the one to correct others on behaviour that does not suit the function we are undertaking. I often ask her questions during and after sparring. As I am the only one in the team with the physical durability and skills to give her a challenge we often do this. I do enjoy it. It allows me to refine my combat algorithms and improve myself, while also improving her and making her feel better.

quote:

The behavior of White Dog Princess confuses you again and again.

White Dog Princess
is very hard to parse for me. I have been informed that she is not human, particularly by herself. However, some parts of her behaviour seem to match that of humans. This makes me trying to anticipate her behaviour something difficult. Sometimes she will act according to human protocols, and then suddenly act in ways that are entirely counter to my estimations, and I do not know if this is a particularity of her being a 'Youkai' or whether this is simply a human trait I am still ignorant about.

Influence
You’re receptive to how people think and behave around you. Give influence to all of your teammates.

When our team first came together…

My memories of that first fight are not complete. With that I don't mean they are lacking in detail, I still have full visual record, but a good deal of my personality matrix was off-line. I'm informed that I was found in some building along with things to be recycled. However, the building that held me was heavily damaged by some of the statues that were tossed by Yami, leaving me outside. My memory banks show that at around that time, I detected the sound of a child in distress, in Megalith's path of destruction. This triggered some protocols that demanded activation, despite the damage that activating with a crashed and damaged hard disk would do to my integrity.

Of course, my battery was nearly fully drained, so even ignoring the damage to both my hard disk and my peripheries, I was not in a good state. Fortunately, a live power cable had fallen down. I managed to grab it, and with my spike, drain power for it to keep me running. I rushed towards a child that hadn't evacuated and pushed it out of the way of the large foot. It was at that point that White Dog Princess came down and helped the child to get to safety. I in the meantime rushed the creature itself, using my spikes to climb it, to drain power from it, and to use my EW suite to cause it to lose coordination.

I think it was about that time I first heard Sparkle Rose refer to me as 'Astro Boy' I wasn't able to really talk much. At that point I was only able to have some rudimentary Foe/Friend analysis and combat modes active. With my frame heavily damaged and broke nin places, synthskin ripped and showing the metal underneath and the bullethole in my forehead I was not in any suitable state for social interaction anyway. After the fight was done, I powered down again pretty swiftly. When I awoke, I was at Tech Support's.

Team Captain

Honestly, between two reformed villains, a youkai and a clueless robot (who might technically count as reformed villain, depending on how you look at it) Spectre gets the roll by process of elimination alone I think.

Team/Base Name

Perhaps something with light and shadow? Spectra and Yami got that, Sparkle got illusions going, and , well, don't know about the White Dog Princess and Nikolas there.

Alternatively, something about our team being relatively low on 'pure' heroes?

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 5, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Relationships

You keep trying to impress Spectra with your antics.

Mostly because she's just a riot to annoy, like you get to watch her rage build and build and build. What can I say? I've got a thing for bad girls. Or it would be more fun to say, they've got a thing for me. It's not their fault, EVERYONE has a thing for me.

You and Yami pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together

OHH! HAHAHA! We got involved in a hijacking! We might have had to borrow someone who's driving at the time. You know, just ride on their bonnet for a ways. I'm pretty sure we violated most of the traffic laws. But we caught the guys in the end. It was pretty funny making them think they were flying away in their car when in point of fact the car wasn't even moving at that point.. Illusions are amazing like that. Yami did this weird creepy things with shadows, like the creepy wierdo that she is. So I took her out shopping and just made her get some actual colour in her wardrobe. She

Influence

You care way more than you let on. Give three teammates Influence over you.

Spectra, Yami, White Dog

When our team first came together…We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?

Uhhhh... just... a few laws... like, uhh. Well, okay there was that one about no jaywalking... Then we stopped by that pizza place to grab a few pizzas, but no one was there so we left 10 bux or something? There was that one rule about time travel? Like eight or nine times... Don't cross the steams, what else... what else... Ohhh.

We talked about fight club.

We weren't supposed to talk about fight club.

Team Capitain

Specrta, I guess? She's kinda a doof, and clearly has terrible taste because she obviously doesn't like me (for now :p). But her hair thing is pretty cool. She could be a one person rave party with a bit of gel.

Oh

OH

I should do that!

Team Base

Ohhh! What about The Garden!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 5, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Nikolas could very well be involved in illegal stuff. Which might sugges that Sparkle Rose is very much influencing Nikolas. In a way, that might be fun since Nikolas is very much likely to accept things at first look, and so might be completely convinced by Sparkle Rose's public persona. Unless Spectra feels she would be very likely to counter Sparkle Rose's influence?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

When we first got together

We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Remember last week, when the police had to cordon off all of Central Square? Yeah, that was us! But not like, because of us, but rather, because we were fighting Megalith.

Megalith

Part-robot, part-dragon, all crazy, unleashed by Dr. Brain-kenstein - who Megalith immediately ate. Yeah, it was a pretty tough fight, but with my Whiplash Hook, ain't no big deal! Plus, it turned out that Megalith was just an infant, so I guess it's a good thing - who knows how much damage that guy could've caused if he was all grown up.

Relationships

Nikolas is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

Nik? How I feel about him? I mean... well - I get it, right? I was created to be a weapon - but he was really created. Like from the ground up. And had it all taken away. I feel bad for the guy - er, robot. And actually, I've been meaning to ask him more about that. Like... does he have feelings? He's always been really nice to me but I guess that might be the programming? Anyways... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to get to know him better.

Sparkle Rose is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Ugh - Sparkle Rose. What a bitch! There I was, revving up to dive at Megalith, and she starts talking about making illusions and tricking it into going into the ocean or whatever. Guess what, honey - a fist to the face is always the best answer.

Influence

You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it. - Sparkle Rose and Nikolas

Team Captain

White Dog Princess - but only because I can't vote for myself. She's kinda cool, I guess.

Team Name

I like the color theme - Rainbow Force, Spectra Squad, Color Crusaders

Other Stuff

Shogeton - Spectra would love to help Nik out.

Arashi - Spectra would love for you to be constantly seeking to impress her

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 3, 2016

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

quote:

You've been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.

Spectra she seems to know a lot about the mortal plain. She keeps me from looking like a fool with mortal customs .. there is so much i don't understand about this realm still

quote:

You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Yami The shadow girl.. there is just something about her, perhaps its the timid nature holding back all that power its rather endearing .. What? No I don't have a crush on her .. She is a mortal I would never have feelings for a mortal.

quote:

When our team first came together...We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Remember just after the park was destroyed Spectra came down hard on Yami for tearing up the statues and throwing them at the Megalith because they were former heroes or something. Not that I cared about the mortals seemed fascinated with leaving their likeness around for people to admire. But it seemed to cause a bit of a rift between Spectra who thought things could have been handled better and Sparkle Rose who thought she did what she had to do to defeat the villain. (I may add some more to this but its what i got for now)

Team Captain

I vote for Spectra. She seems the most capable to run a team effectively.. well besides myself but I was informed that voting for myself is in poor taste.

Team Name

I'm with Spectra on the color idea
i like Rainbow Force the best

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 5, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

I'm very okay with that potential relation between Nikolas and Spectra,both in the 'love' and in the 'is showing him around' thing. They could have interesting conversations about 'having a purpose' and 'choosing your own way' and how it all plays out.

Also, 'Rainbow Force' sounds pretty good, I'm good for that.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

animedragonfly posted:

Going back and forth between Yami and Nikolas

I actually really like this idea. Yami has really low self-esteem about herself, so the thought of anyone ever liking her is almost unthinkable to her, and she also has no idea how to handle normal social interactions. It has potential for some hilarious awkward situations. :v:

Plus there's the whole dog demon thing that she think's is really cool but wouldn't ever say anything.

But if you wanna go with Nikolas instead, that's fine with me! I'm just throwing it out there.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 4, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

For the team name, perhaps something that mixes colours and flowers, to match our base, because it seems to be well endowed with flowers?

Perhaps Rainbow Force for the team, The Rainbow Garden for the base?

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 4, 2016

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016
Yami it is.. i don't know if i really want to fight Spectra for a love interest

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Ahw... no harem anime protagonist is Nikolas.

But nah, that is fine.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

animedragonfly posted:

Yami it is.. i don't know if i really want to fight Spectra for a love interest

Oh but you definitely do.

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Frgrbrgr posted:

Oh but you definitely do.

HAHA .. it would be interesting to have a nice little love triangle with poor Nik being completely clueless about it .. but Yami has that cute thing for dogs and how can I pass that up.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

animedragonfly posted:

HAHA .. it would be interesting to have a nice little love triangle with poor Nik being completely clueless about it .. but Yami has that cute thing for dogs and how can I pass that up.

drat, that is cute.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Team Name: Rainbow Force
Team Captain: Spectra
Base Name: Rainbow Garden

League Ranks
Yami - D Rank 13
Spectra - D Rank 19
Nikolas - D Rank 20, also given League Designation "Astro Boy"
White Dog Princess - Rank 23
Sparkle Rose - D Rank 24

I'll have your gamethread up later today this week whoops.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 8, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Gamethread is up.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry to do this to all of you, but I'm ending this game. I'm just not in the right frame of mind to be in many games right now, I'm sorry.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Thats okay Rauri. Your health comes before elf games. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Thats okay Rauri. Your health comes before elf games. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Yea, this. You don't really have anything to apologize for, your own well being comes first. I hope things improve for you soon!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
No worries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

It was short but sweet, and I enjoyed playing. Hope things get better soon!

• Locked thread