Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
That last episode was so good it could have been Walking Dead.

But i think that points to why I've been able to stay interested in this show. It's a continuation of the story and tone we saw in Walking Dead, instead of feeling like a separate spin-off adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Fear had a lot of potential, but no one was watching by S4 when it started getting better with mostly a whole new cast. season 8 was pretty terrible though. Very anti climactic.

Really? I thought everybody agreed Fear S3 was the best season by far. S4 has an awkward time skip and killed main characters. Then it went real downhill real fast. The new showrunners AMC hired were terrible, absolute garbage. They made D+D's final seasons GoT look like Shakespeare.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ProperCauldron posted:

Really? I thought everybody agreed Fear S3 was the best season by far. S4 has an awkward time skip and killed main characters. Then it went real downhill real fast. The new showrunners AMC hired were terrible, absolute garbage. They made D+D's final seasons GoT look like Shakespeare.

I agree here with the general reception that it was bad after three excellent seasons of television hit their peak. It went from a gritty story of a family that was at least kinda grounded to this weird "everyone is obsessed about this annoying loving child all the sudden, nothing is more important" show where women show up with some documentary schtick that kinda took me out of this show previously about survival, and just adding things like meme vans with guns that would in no way ever be functional ( not even to mention how huge a waste of ammo ).

Me and my wife binged the first golden seasons but even trying to wade through garbage, we couldn't make it beyond Madison's "death".

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The time jump in the first season ruined the show for me and while I finished the season, I didn’t start back up again until I saw season 4 had started airing and the cast was excellent.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

A legit tweet from the official FtWD account during season 4:

https://x.com/feartwd/status/1042838261222264832?s=46&t=2aYE4vehLTaJu6OiYlv8LQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This poo poo is ridiculous lmao