Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

so is unidos por puerto rico a good one to donate i guess? ive raised :tenbux: with my music so far :unsmith:

They don't take American Express, anyone recommend a good one that does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Hell yeah, this is a :zerg: I can get behind

69 is the weed number, right?

:getin: :getin: :getin:

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/common/status/915977158333317120

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Just an FYI, we have a donation Toxx thread for the MLB postseason over in SAS, if anyone wanted to donate money and yell about sports. Other sports fans welcome as well!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835994

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
half the world is fuckin rapists and i hate it

here's something

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

~ b r a d w a v e h e l p s ~

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

better late than never

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Oh yeah i forgot to mention i had a halloween party with an optional cover all donated to unidos, raised about $100, I was expecting more given how many people came but oh well. I topped it up to 130.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Humble Bundle is doing a special $30 package where all payments go to relief for the recent natural disasters in the US and abroad.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

It's Giving Tuesday. I gave and you should, too.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I woke up today feeling really mad about Trump's bullshit

From the mountain to the sea
Palestine shall be free

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Oh yeah, I work here! http://interfaithsanctuary.org/donate-2/

Help the homeless so they don't have to stand on the corner and hold a sign!

Actually, our shelter holds about 160 people and we have a work program with the City of Boise that employs around 12 people right now. So yes, almost 8% of our shelter is actually and honestly employed by the city of Boise.
We have some stuff in the works including another 10+ people employed with BSU and another 20+ employed come March with Parks and Rec in Boise.

The basics of the program are, if someone doesn't feel like going to work, they don't have to. If they have a bad day, they can leave early. We are incredibly flexible and understanding with our guests, our purpose is to get them back to work, not flog them.

We have a case manager on site with every work crew, to facilitate communication and deal with any immediate issues that may need addressed. The case manager basically is there to short circuit any serious meltdowns, and to also relieve the hiring agencies of any real responsibility. It seems to work well.

I've had people miss 40 days of work and then come back like nothing happened. Yes, as crazy as this sounds, it happens and it is ok.

-We have around 7 case managers that really change people lives. These case managers work with the people in the shelter on a day to day basis, helping them get ID, paperwork, look for jobs, etc.
They are all Social Workers, I'm the odd man out with a Sociology and Mediation degree. I like to think that I keep them honest when we are talking about structure, regulation and rules.

I don't expect anyone to give a drat dime but I figured what the hell, I'd post this and maybe magic would happen.
Happy new year!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im going to unsticky this for a bit because tbh i think people are less likely to read stickies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Pohl posted:

Oh yeah, I work here! http://interfaithsanctuary.org/donate-2/

Help the homeless so they don't have to stand on the corner and hold a sign!

Actually, our shelter holds about 160 people and we have a work program with the City of Boise that employs around 12 people right now. So yes, almost 8% of our shelter is actually and honestly employed by the city of Boise.
We have some stuff in the works including another 10+ people employed with BSU and another 20+ employed come March with Parks and Rec in Boise.

The basics of the program are, if someone doesn't feel like going to work, they don't have to. If they have a bad day, they can leave early. We are incredibly flexible and understanding with our guests, our purpose is to get them back to work, not flog them.

We have a case manager on site with every work crew, to facilitate communication and deal with any immediate issues that may need addressed. The case manager basically is there to short circuit any serious meltdowns, and to also relieve the hiring agencies of any real responsibility. It seems to work well.

I've had people miss 40 days of work and then come back like nothing happened. Yes, as crazy as this sounds, it happens and it is ok.

-We have around 7 case managers that really change people lives. These case managers work with the people in the shelter on a day to day basis, helping them get ID, paperwork, look for jobs, etc.
They are all Social Workers, I'm the odd man out with a Sociology and Mediation degree. I like to think that I keep them honest when we are talking about structure, regulation and rules.

I don't expect anyone to give a drat dime but I figured what the hell, I'd post this and maybe magic would happen.
Happy new year!

Can't speak for anyone else, but this seems awesome enough that I could scrape together a couple of bucks, so I did.

Keep it up, man!

• Locked thread