Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Insight Roll: 1d12+1d6 12 - Well poo poo. That's an Eye of Sauron and a 1 on the D6...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Essrat

Essrat, sword steady, studies the man.

Insight on the tree-man: 1d12+2d6 16

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Caradoc is confident that Essrat's drawn sword will make the crazed old man see reason. Though it would be better if everyone drew arms as a show of force.

Essrat, however, wonders how he himself might act if he lived remotely and discovered a group of armed trespassers. And as loud as the man is, he has not yet attacked or actually threatened any of them. Perhaps he could see this was a misunderstanding if the Company eased his nerves?

OOC: Such as being courteous....

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Essrat

Holding out a hand to steady the rest of his companions, Essrat takes a deep breath - before sheathing his sword, and bowing to the man.

PARLEY: 1d12+2d6 17 - Ohhhh shiiiit. That's a 12+5.

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 5, 2017

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The old man lowers his spear in response to Essrat's show of humility. His eyes are still suspicious, but when he speaks, his tone is calmer. "So you've some manners," he says. "Not bandits, then what? Why do I have guests in my tree?"

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Durion of Mirkwood
Hope: 8 Endurance: 19 Fatigue: 14 Shadow: 0

Durion follows Essrat's lead, releasing his grip from the hilt of his sword and bowing.

"We are travelers to the Woodland Hall, making the long trek from Lake-Town. We had the misfortune to get caught out in this storm and sought refuge here. I apologize for the intrusion, but we had no other shelter to turn to."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
OOC: Please roll Courtesy for Durion.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I was afraid you'd say that. Durion suddenly wishes he'd kept his mouth shut:

Courtesy Check: 1d12 2

Well, it's not a critical failure...

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The Man takes notice of Durion and narrows his eyes at the Wood-elf's words. "Your kind have all manner of hidey-holes in the forest besides that fancy hall with gates that keep people out," he says with contempt. "Your friends not good enough to give shelter? You have to take mine?"

OOC: All is not lost! Anyone else may make a social roll. Not too late to roll Insight either. I will just flat-out let you guys know one more success will end this, and you can fail one more roll before the encounter is resolved.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Bumping.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Astrith

"Please, sir," the barding woman says, weariness plain in her voice. "We we were attacked recently and are only stopping here because of the storm and recent events. We'll be on our way once it's stopped pouring down on us, and trouble you no further."

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
You should roll, Courtesy, you have ranks in it unlike my dude.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Essrat

Essrat extends his hand in a plaintive gesture. "We are from the Lake, guarding a wounded man and his child." His little-used voice is strained, and its clear Essrat believes that his statement should be enough to win passage anywhere.

Parley 2: Parley Harder: 1d12+2d6 15 - That's an 11. :psyduck:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
OOC: Well, that's not good. The translates to a zero, giving Essrat just a 3. Let's hope Astrith's Courtesy roll goes well!

Essrat did get a successful Insight roll, so there is one bonus dice floating out there for anyone to use on their roll. Won't save Essrat's roll, but Astrith can still use it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is it too late for me to do an Insight roll of my own to try to get another bonus die out there? Does it work like that, I forget?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
OOC: It's supposed to be at the start of the encounter, though later rolls can tell the PCs which skill would be best to use. But I think my initial call for Insight rolls might have got missed in the delays, so I'll bend the rules this one time if anyone still wants to roll.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Welp, here goes nothing: Insight roll: 1d12 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Failed roll, I'm afraid! LucyWanabe should roll Courtesy, though; she's got a good shot of resolving this in the party's favor. Especially since there's a bonus die for the taking still.

• Locked thread