Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Doc Morbid posted:

Personally, I thought it just made the game more tedious.

Is there any benefit to playing this way or is it just for an achievement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

You don't even get an achievement, it's just there if you want an extra challenge for your GOTY edition playthrough.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It'd be funny if they ever involved old Red Harlow from the original game. But really, get Sam Elliot while you can you fools!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Just noticed there's an electric light on the poll next that general store.

So, at minimum it's after 1880. Given this is a small town in the middle of nowhere, it could be in the 1900-1910 range. Disappointing, I was hoping for an earlier date.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

I wanna scalp people in this one, its such a brutal thing and I wanna do it in a video game and sell those scalps back in town. No scalps no buy.

The game Gun had a scalping mechanic but from what I remember it never really tied in to anything. You could do it but got nothing out of it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Aside from an erection, you mean.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, at minimum it's after 1880. Given this is a small town in the middle of nowhere, it could be in the 1900-1910 range. Disappointing, I was hoping for an earlier date.

Has anyone tried to date that locomotive? That might help narrow down the timeframe too.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Peas and Rice posted:

Has anyone tried to date that locomotive? That might help narrow down the timeframe too.

Bioware romances confirmed.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Cowboy Hatoful Boyfriends

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Charlz Guybon posted:

Or that's the New Orleans analogue and it's in the earlier 1880s. It also shows a herd of bison, which were already nearing extinction by the early 1890s. Could be the big city has electric lights and all the frontier does not, which would make sense for the mid 80s.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 21, 2016

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Or that's the new Orleans analogue and it's in the earlier 1880s. It also shows a herd of bison, which were already nearing extinction by the early 1890s. Could be the big city has electric lights and all the Frontier does not, which would make sense for the mid 80s.

This. Ross in the first game compared the Bison/Buffalo to the cowboy and how it's a dying icon. So the game showing poo poo tons of Bison/Buffalo is it's way of implying it's during the golden days of the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Or that's the New Orleans analogue and it's in the earlier 1880s. It also shows a herd of bison, which were already nearing extinction by the early 1890s. Could be the big city has electric lights and all the frontier does not, which would make sense for the mid 80s.

It hardly looked like the big city though.

• Locked thread