Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Cuore Azzurro
Volume 1, Chapter 1

♪ You saw the shadow of the earth
Behind one face of the moon
And wiz fly around the sphere
This is the midsummer night
Why don't you shine
Pale as a cloud of diamond
You are the kid of the night
You can change the golden heaven
And you can freeze the flying words of fire ♪

To say Palazzo Serbelloni was packed to the rafters would be a major understatement, as even now, two hours after the show had started - or three hours, to those unaccustomed to Italian arts of scheduling - both the courtyard and the very Corso Venezia avenue, as far as one could see, was filled with people desperate to see the brightest stars, hear the latest gossip, grasp the latest trends by even the smallest of glimpses.

Thankfully, the hard part of the job is already behind you, as all the VIPs and media people had already been processed and seated, leaving the need for only token security at the entrance and giving you a chance to catch a breather in the palazzo backyard over a cigarette, or a glass of champagne poached from the catering guys.

All except Rosalind Faire, that is, who was slowly making her way through the first floor’s window ledges, trying to do her best not to make a faintest sound to alert these fils de pute that were supposed to be doing their jobs pretty much anywhere else. Or, at least, she did until a steel gate crashed right beside her.

But I digress.

“So, it’s always that busy on fashion events?,” Penny made an attempt at small talk to stave off the thoughts of the set she’s supposed to be playing in some 40 minutes.

"Well, this one's big, of course," Milia replied, keeping up with her temp worker persona that got her into the event. Technically speaking, she was a temp worker here, and so far pouring drinks worked out better than chasing her lead. "Still, as far as showbusiness goes--"

The detective was most rudely interrupted by clanging at the driveway gate. Milia sighed at the latecomers and took a step forward, only to see the half of the gate ripped from its frame and thrown at the palace wall, as if it was a football. Four most vile and disgusting silhouettes entered the backyard, giving you a menacing - or did you see a giddy flash? - stare.

The grate thumped into the palazzo's fine stucco, missing Rosalinde by almost a meter. The thief's foot slipped in the sudden shock, but thankfully, she managed to grab the ornate window frame and retain an - admittedly shaky - footing. Whatever the hell Speedwagon wanted to with that arrow will have to wait, it seems, she thought to herself, as she hastily tried to re-calculate her current position.

Back on the ground, Rudy's reflexes saved him from the impact of some 120 kilograms of steel about to fall on his head. As he shaked off the last remaining pieces of the façade from his hat, he noticed a fifth figure to appear, jumping - or flying? - gracefully onto the pillar that used to hold the gate, like it was one of those wire-fu flicks Rudy liked so much.

Before anyone got back on their feet, the fifth man spoke softly, although with an unshakable strength of menace, further accentuated by the red glow in his eye:

"Sic 'em, boys."

Damon Furnier
It doesn’t take much longer than shaking off the initial shock for you to recognize the unexpected visitors as the vile creatures Speedwagon Foundation taught you about. Regrettably, you’re neither a Joestar, nor a Tibetan sun-monk. What’s the procedure for such an occurence?

Everyone else
Well, poo poo.

Okay, technically speaking, we're opening this right in the middle of a blood-curling action scene! Damon Furnier goes first and designates the next person to have a go - either another player or one of the opponents. HOWEVER, everyone (Damon included), should feel strongly encouraged to roleplay out a round's worth of initial panic, confusion and anime monologues before we get down to the real nitty gritty.

Once it comes to rolling them bones, you're all considered to start as Solo, as you don't really know each other, or know who’s reliable here. This is likely to change ASAP, given the circumstances.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Millia Enco

Fuuuuuuuuck! First people with random rear end powers, now some zombies. Can today get any better?

First things first, I need to ensure that the civilians are nowhere need the assailants. I summon Streetlight to my side and begin to scour the area for something to use as a gravity object.

Character Sheet posted:

d10 Buddy
d8 Solo
d6 Team

Street Punk Turned Detective, “Even one life saved is worth everything”, and Danger Junkie.

Streetlight Manifesto
Streetlight manifesto has the ability to manipulate gravity. More precisely it can create a point that acts as the "down direction" of gravitational force.Millia's most common use of this is to orient walls and down so as to scale them. Unfortunately, only one object can be oriented is down at a time additionally, living beings cannot be declared as such. An object has to be within 20ft (6 m) for to be declared as down. It should be noted that Streetlight Manifesto cannot increase or decrease the force of gravity on an object.

D8 MIRAMIRAMIRAMIRAMIRANDA RIGHTS!
D8 Gravity's Rainbow
D6 Enhanced Senses

Limit: Uncontrollable
Change Gravity's Rainbow power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Limit: Short range

Specialties

Interrogation-d10: Milia always excelled in getting people to tell her the information she needs.

Mean Streets
1 XP When you stop a crime in progress.
3 XP When you learn a crucial fact about the Twisters.
10 XP When you uncover the mystery of Mark's death.

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 18, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Rudy

As Rudy dusts himself off, he takes a good look at the jokers that just crashed the party. "What is this, some kind of horror movie? In that case, my favorite is Poltergeist." Posing with his back to the enemies and the brim of his hat pulled down over his eyes, he summons Madness, which takes a fairly casual-looking stance in front of him, not that anyone else can see it. When he spots an opening, he'll be ready to take it.

quote:

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

All I Want is More, Mr. Smooth Guy, The Impression That I Get

「Madness」

d8 Ghostpunching
d8 Shadow of Fear

SFX: Deceives the Eye
Use both powers at -1 step each.

SFX: One Step Beyond
When inflicting Emotional/Mental Trauma, spend 1 PP to define it.

SFX Madness (Is All in the Mind)
Add d6 and step up Effect Die by 1 when inflicting audiovisual hallucinations as Complications.

Limit: Short Range
Limit: Unpredictable
Turn a Madness hallucination into a Complication to gain 1 PP. Activate an Opportunity or remove the Complication to recover the power.

Specialty
d10 Professional Gladhander

If I Didn't Care
1 XP When you argue with an ally because you perceive them as mistrusting you.
3 XP When you take emotional stress from an ally.
10 XP When you either become true friends with an ally, trusting them with your life and your secrets, or betray an ally to an enemy.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 18, 2016

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Damon Furnier

Before...

Damon paced the outside as the last of the VIPs entered the plaza. Soon they'd pull the money from the opening gates to be counted and sorted. Heavy math time. His specialty.

Well, his normal specialty. Ignoring the whole "Strange ghostly woman Stand who can use me like a wound sponge" bit.

Damon nodded to the two security guards. "We'll start the transfer when the actual performance begins," he smiles. "I think this is going to be a good-"

WHAM

Damon quickly looked around. One of the gates was flying across the field and crashing into the wall. The hell! Damon thought. What was that, did a tank crash into the gates?!

Then he saw what caused it. Of the various unnatural things the Speedwagon Foundation taught him about, they pretty much all boiled down to one thing - Monsters. And there he was, stuck in the thick of it.

Luckily, he saw others confront the things and the one who seemed to be their leader - and with the strange beings suddenly appearing next to them, Damon realized he wasn't the only Stand user in this mess.

"Hey you! The Lady and the Samurai!" Damon points and yells to Millia Enco (and also Streetlight Manifesto). "Help me stop them!" Gods help us, the chaos those things could wreck....already he feels [ Only Women Bleed ] arrive next to him. Unless they were really lucky, people were going to be hurt in this.

Hopefully, he could help stanch the wounds and stand the tide.

I'm calling out Milla to make the first move. Let's go Jojos!

pre:

Damon Furnier.

Buddy: d10
Solo: d8
Team: d6

Distinctions
*Dammit, I'm Supposed To Be Normal
*Works Better Behind the Scenes
*I Have An Accounting Degree For A Reason!

[ Only Women Bleed ] 

--D8 Rough Medicine
Ghostpunching, with healing aspects handled through following SFX. Josuke style.

--SFX: Personal Jesus
You may recover other’s physical stress or trauma during action scenes. Compare the Rough Medicine die to the injuries; if it’s equal or greater, they are gone. 
If it’s less, step them back by one. Step up your own physical stress or trauma by the amount of steps healed.

--SFX: Tainted Love
Use your current physical stress or trauma die as your effect die in an Attack action, then step back your stress or trauma (as appropriate) by one.
 If used against an inanimate object, add a die equal to the effect die to the doom pool.
The implied tension is that you’re more efficient at taking and dishing out damage, than getting it off yourself.

--Limit: short range
Your limit really is in the math being somewhat stacked against you, but it’s probably prudent to keep you at a punchghost range.

Specialties
d8 Eye for Figures (if that's too broad, it's Accounting)
d8 Just Blending Into the Background (or a cleverer title for a Stealth speciality)

Milestones
*You're Stuck in the Limelight, Sucker! - When your forced to step into the spotlight and be in the public eye.
*A Face In the Crowd - When he manages to blend back into the background in spite of weirdness occuring.
*Become the Billion Dollar Baby - when you finally accept and embrace your new conditions and lifestyle.

*Milestone: Speedwagon Agent Man
--1 XP:  When you get orders from Speedwagon, or send information back to them.
--3 XP:  When your actions earn you a commendation from your superiors in Speedwagon, or you go against the organization's agenda to do the right thing.
--10 XP: When you destroy or commandeer a major Speedwagon resource or an irreplaceable artifact.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rosalind

"啊," Rosalind said as the grate slammed into the wall besides her, making her jump on pure reflex. What else are you going to do when that happens?! She arcs herself backwards but does not quite manage to come down in the same position she'd hoped to have. Her fingers are dug firmly into the side of the window, but momentum is already making her twist.

"If I keep pivoting like this, I'm going to slip off - [Diamond Dogs!]"

A quartet of the trusty rollerskate-minions appear on the flat surface of the nearby wall. Rosalind leans into her pivot and their gripper mouths and sensuous lips take a firm grasp of her hand and wrist, before rolling in a stately widdershins direction up along the wall. Their force is not great, but it's enough to pull.

As she reorients in slow motion, Rosalind muses to herself, "I'm lucky this place has a flat stucco wall... something baroque or medieval could have kept my Diamond Dogs from getting [traction.]" Contorting in this leisurely manner, she leans her head back to get an upside-down-eyes-view of the courtyard.

"What the hell--??"

quote:

Rosalind Faire

Team D10
Solo D8
Buddy D6

Distinctions
In It For The Thrills
"Put Some Feeling In It!"
Never, Ever, Shutting Up

「Diamond Dogs!」

4d6 Diamond Dogs
This will be a hack of mob/minion rules - your little horde rolls a sweet little bunch of dice, but whenever it suffers a d8 or more of Stress (on a single Effect die), the Stress is reset and you lose one of the dice, as enough of the little dudes gets crushed. Obviously, area attacks can gently caress you up badly. You'll probably suffer damage transfer only once a swarm die is knocked out.

SFX: Wolfpack
You may replace two [Diamond Dogs] dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: Pack Reconstitution
Spend 1 PP during a Transition scene to revert [Diamond Dogs] to 4d6.

Rosalind can speak through the 22 "big" ones, as well as feel or taste/smell anything they put their mouths on. She can also hear through them to a limited extent, allowing her to communicate with a network of people, although she has to manually repeat everything people say, putting a practical limit on how well this can "network."

Diamond Dogs can also ignore gravity's pull as long as the skates don't stop or lose contact with a reasonably flat surface for more than two seconds. (We define 'reasonably flat' as 'it would not stop a roller skate, given a reasonable push, from rolling along.')

Specialities
Burglary D8
Trivial Bullshit D8

Honor Among Thieves
1 XP When you lie to someone who trusts you.
3 XP When you continue to hold on to a lie even though it will cause heroes to get into conflicts.
10 XP When you either betray your team for a big pay-off or decide that something is more important than money and leave a big payday on the table so that you can keep your conscience clear.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Milia Enco

I took the platter I was using to hold the various drinks and turn its face towards the monsters. Streetlight comes out in front of me and touches it infecting the platter with misplaced gravity. I hold onto the platter hoping to draw the monster to myself

"Damon get the civilians out!" I shout.

Well, there goes my cover, not like it's going to be of any use here.

So I would roll 3d8 for Solo and Gravity Rainbow and Even one life correct?

Also Rudy you are next!

Edit: The roll if yes
Creating Gravity Platter: 3d8 4 (1, 2, 1)
3 with d8 effect not a great start

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 19, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Rudy

Taking a cold read of the opposition, Rudy concludes that the monsters charging in are basically dumb muscle, the pretty boy on top of the gate being the leader. Banking on the monsters being unable to see his Stand, Rudy moves to the left as Madness goes right. However, Rudy stops rather than rush the nearest critter, the one with the plate in its head, as Madness begins its attack, striking from behind.

Taking Solo, Shadow of Fear, The Impression That I Get for sizing up the enemy, and depending on circumstances, Professional Gladhander for cunning misdirection that may have put the enemy off-guard, figure it's better to try taking a die and having it vetoed than not trying at all. Here's the roll result, which is either really good or really bad, depending on which of those dice I get to keep.

EDIT: Also, let's say the dude I just attacked goes next, start getting the enemies out of the way.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 19, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Penny Lane

And it was all going so well until the monsters attacked...

Isn't this just the story of her life? Hear about an audition, but you show up and they only wanted obese Turks. Get a job, and it turns out you're doing toilets. Find some food, gotta fight a rat for it. You're hired as a DJ for the party of the year with all the who's who of Milan, you actually do a non-terrible job and think that one producer doesn't just want to get in your very very tight pants--

And then the loving monsters attack.

And to make things worse, some of the guests seem to be fighting back with, well, what she can only describe as the same sort of power she found months ago, that power that none can see save her unless she wills it. And it seems like they can see them too. Hmm.

Penny brings the music to a screeching halt, taking the record off and flipping the vinyl end over end as it flies neatly into its cover. There's a soft crackle hiss and pop over the powerful sound system as she readies a new record. She pulls the microphone up to her teeth, almost eating it.

"We have a very special dance coming up for some very special boys. If everyone will clear the floor, we can start the fun."

She sets down her headphones and hurdles the DJ booth to get down to the dancefloor. Rising, she points accusingly at the intruders.

"You! What are your names!"

Using Solo (d8) and Actress (d8) to strike an appropriately dramatic pose and intimidate these intruders into telling me their names. I rolled a 7, which is probably not great

Mr. Fowl posted:

Penny Lane

Affiliations
Solo d8
Buddy d6
Team d10

Distinctions
Carry That Weight
All You Need Is Love
Daytripper

Specialties
World's Greatest Unemployed Actress d8
Hard Day's Night d8

Milestones

「OB-LA-DI, OB-LA-DA!」
d10 Set the Scene
d6 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da [This is the die for the Stand's avatars]

SFX: Double Trouble - May Keep additional effect die

Limit: The Set

Limit: Fourth Wall

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

The abominations roared and rushed forward using their arms and legs, like a troop of angry gorillas.

There was not a second to waste, as [Streetlight Manifesto] rushed to turn one of the ordinary platters lying into a highly focused monster-magnet. Milia's fighting spirit gave it all she got... And overdid it, as the force pulled all over the tableware's surface and suddenly jerked everyone towards her. Thankfully, the detective managed to switch the power off before anyone lost their footing.

JesterOfAmerica, the pool assembly was fine, but the terrible roll against the 2d6 Doom Pool was bound to fail (I rolled 7, by the way). These two 1's are pretty juicy though, so I'll give you a Plot Point to add a d8 to the doom pool.
PPs updated. Doom Pool updated.

"Are those the Hamon ghosts Master told us about? Interesting.", the pale figure thought to himself, but David Pro animated his mouth anyway.
Ah, the 1988 standology theories. I look forward to this dumb original explanation imploding within this very game!

Rudy Ferrier kept his cool and attempted to resolve it as he would any nasty streetfight. Wits will always win with muscle. Much to his surprise, the opponents split to tackle both him and [Madness]. Thankfully, the sudden invisible pull to the side disrupted the monstrous charge gave [Madness] an unexpected opening to go straight for the beast's head - working under assumption it still had brain. The Stand unleashed a flurry of hits, filled with purestrain fear and loathing.

The plate in monster's head caved in, yet the damage did not seem to faze him, as it was its half-rotten belly the monster grabbed. "IIIIIT'S BUUUURNING MASTEER! IT'S BUUUURNING!" It screamed, flailing on the ground as if it tried to put out some imaginary fire.

The zombies work together as Team 2d8 mooks, as the JoJo variety are a tough buch by disposable minion standards. How this works is their Team affiliation has multiple dice and whenever you inflict Stress exceeding its rating (so, d10 or better), you knock a die out from the rating, until you reduce them to a normal, old fashioned, single die Buddy/Solo. As for the roll, the specialty was a bit of a stretch, especially given they do see Stands because ~Araki forgot~. The zombies roll their 2d8 affiliation, bolstered by d8 No Vital Organs distinction for a total of 6 (1+4+2). Even without the juicy 10, you get to give'em a d10 mindfuck and obliterate one of their dice. Nice!

Yet, the blood-curling scream did not seem to bother the other creatures - perhaps it even bolstered their primal wrath? The beasts lunged, swarming the most exposed opponents.

Alright, it's on, motherfuckers. It's base Team 1d8, their other d8 distinction - Bloodthirsty - and the Area Attack SFX, respresenting group's ability to attack multiple people at once - granting me a d6 and an additional Effect die to keep. Then, because I want to really dish out some pain, I throw in one of d6's from my doom pool. The results are 2d8(6,8) 2d6(6,2). Rudy Ferris now has to match the result of 14or suffer d8 Stress, while Milia Enco defends against the same number for threat of d6 Stress.
Doom Pool updated.

The pale man will bide his time a bit longer - Penny Lane goes next!

Mr. Fowl
Hey buddy, either you or me got a bit confused here - the scene is set behind the Palazzo bulding itself, as the other DJ took her turn at the booth. Enjoying a bit of fresh air by the service entrance, the quietest (...until now) place within the palace grounds. Still, it's your turn so we can straighten this out right now!

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Milia Enco

Well, that didn't work. At least plan B is more fun.

With Streetlight at my side, I charge into the monster horde (well horde is probably a bit much). If they want to fight me that's fine, but they better be ready because I'm going to meet their fist with those of my own.

Solo, Danger Junkie and MIRAMIRAMIRAMIRA for 3d8.

Zombie Defense: 3d8 17 (8, 8, 1)
16 and and d8 effect!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Rudy

(So, uh, That didn't go so well. Took Solo, Ghostpunching, and Mr. Smooth Guy for keeping his cool under pressure. At least I get a Plot Point, I think, but I'll be taking that d8 Stress.)

Rudy notices too late that his little ploy left Madness on the other side of the approaching enemy. Still, he starts calmly backstepping, calling Madness to his side to block the incoming attack, something he's done plenty of times before. However, he's not fast enough, and one of the monsters slams into him, leaving him reeling. He loudly exclaims, "Oh, my god!" as all Americans do when they're shocked, and struggles to regain his stance, Madness finally arriving at his side.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Perhaps Rosalind then?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rosalind Faire

And there's the cavalry! Running in to approach the... the things rushing in. They don't seem to be military, Rosalind thinks, narrowing her eyes, before one of them starts to scream out in such a dramatic way. Rosalind herself lowers herself down into a stable sort of seat, leaning her back against the doorjamb and keeping her legs partway spread for counterbalance, one hand at the ready to grasp hold if the building starts rocking or more missiles hit or WHATEVER. (Gotta think careful.)

"But if there's some kind of invading monster," Rosalind says to herself, "then I suppose there's not much point in keeping subtle and quiet, is there? God, what a pain in the arse." Then she raises her voice to call downwards;

"HEY! Hideous! No, not you - the other one - no, you! With the teeth! Sod off!" She snaps her fingers twice, points, and gestures at the door. Then her hand curls upwards as one of the larger Diamond Dogs appears and is raised upwards so that she can whisper into its... lips, really:

'gently caress them up. Make it funny. I imagine they can clean it up.' And then Rosalind sets that Diamond Dog on the side of the building, and it's joined by a full sixty-nine others on its way down to start interfering! (The balance, of course, retained as a strategic reserve.)

Rosalind turns her attention back to the window as she shouts downwards, "And you can take your [Master] with you!!" Can the drat thing open already? That would be nice, Rosalind thinks.

As for the Diamond Dogs, they race down the wall, clatter with their stealthy swiftness down below ankle level, and surge to try and ride up along the bodies of the horrid things, their little mouths ripping, biting, and tearing as necessary. Occasionally Rosalind spits at the taste of SOMETHING untoward.

Team + Diamond Dogs w/ Wolfpack + a 1D4 for shouting like a fool and/or posing sexily: 2d8+2d6+1d4 16 - [2d8=2, 1] [2d6=5, 4] [1d4=4]

Nessus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 22, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Penny Lane

Look, just imagine I did the same action, okay?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I've taken Mr. Fowl's action into account, but delayed writing direct response to pale man's action, for better flow.

The horned monster slams into Rudy! The conman flies back, hit as if by a small truck, rather than what would feel human. Thankfully, he manages to land on a pile of spare dresses and service uniforms, cushioning the blow.

EclecticTastes - I take the deal. You get a Plot Point, I get a d6. HOWEVER, you can designate the d10 (bigger than my d8) as the Effect die of your failed roll and step the stress back by one!
PPs, DD updated. Rudy takes d6 Stress.

Meanwhile, a stream of little... Robots? Dogs? Rollerskates?.. Descends from the palazzo walls and sprints towards the intruders, like a swarm of angry rats. The little beings - which, so far, seem to ignore the humans at the scene, bite into the creatures, tugging at their arms and legs, biting their faces and vein-antennas, and doing their damnednest to disrupt the attackers. However, despite their sheer numbers and weight, the creatures seem to barely acknowledge them as nuisance. The pain that would break a grown man seems to take no effect on the beasts, while their extraordinary strength when mauling and leaping makes it seem like the [Diamond Dogs] are the one to struggle to keep on their targets.

The stream seems to have caught the attention of the pale man, who up until now quietly watched the assault of the beasts unfold. Now, however, he seemed to take his gaze up to Rosaling, twisting his head a bit and studying. Given her somewhat precarious position, this did not bode well.

The zombies use their Team d8 and No Vital Organs for a total of 14. Yikes! If it wasn't for the fact I do not have a third die to spare, I wouldn't be above spending a doom die to counterattack!

I take another d6 for a PP, for a combined pool of 3d6+1d8. The day of reckoning is about to begin!

PPs, DD updated.

As no-one designated the next person and it got a bit messy anyway, Dedman Walking - it's you or doobie brando the pale man now?

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

I'll have Damon go now, and Pale Man can go last.

Damon Furnier

Dammit, already someone was hurt Damon saw as one of the brute monsters slam away one of the defenders. And still...there was the monster's obvious leader, watching from the gates.

Worry about him later, help the wounded now. Then maybe share some pain with the things.

Damon ran towards the downed Rudy. "You okay?" he asked as he approached. "It's okay, I'm here to help!" He tried to smile as he felt [ Only Women Bleed ] arrive and closely study Rudy's injuries.

"If by chance you see a ghostly bloody woman next to me, try not to panic, she's...she's with me. If you don't, please ignore my rantings."

Going to do some spooky healing. I figure so far I'm Solo d8, Rough Medicine d8

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

♪ I've been watching you dancin'
Just came to see what you got
I wanna show you my night moves
And baby, I got a lot ♪

"You! What are your names!" Penny asked - loudly, but a step short of screaming. It is a fairly successful attempt at exuding cool-headed authoritativeness, as if showing these punks she's used to dealing with this poo poo. It was a neat trick that had gotten her past quite a few bouncers in the past.

With the raging zombies clearly not being much of a force to reason with, she pointed her accusing finger at the pale man, who sat still in the back, calmly observing the fight - he seemed particularly interested in watching your newfound powers in motion, although it was hard to tell from his cold, emotionless gaze. The man met Penny's eyes for the briefest of moments, only to turn his head away, as if barely acknowledging Penny's presence.

This was a roll against the doom pool - it's not like the enemy opposed you directly, as it would be a case during negotiations or an interrogation, and simply a matter of grabbing attention/having them give a gently caress. It seems you'll have to try something better, or make the episode about yourself and try to catch extras in collateral. :getin:

The man fixed his gaze on Rosalind, up by the windows. The figure stood up, calmly and jumped - no, glided - towards the thief. His calmness when moving through the air gives it a certain elegance, as if the man was riding some invisible escalator. To Rosalind, it seemed as if he somehow froze in time mid-air, until suddenly two beams hit the wall next to her!

空裂眼刺驚!!!

The man shot two purplish beams from his eyes, that seemed to straight-up cut holes in the stone wall of the palazzo. Quite a pickle.

It's d8 Solo, d10 Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, and a No Distractions distinction for good measure - the man gives no poo poo about your silly fight and goes flies straight to his nefarious objective. Rosalind, defend against a roll of 9 or be hit with a d10!

No matter what happened in the skies, Damon rushed to help the man that just had been flinged across the backyard. Following stranger's advice, Rudy tried not to panic, but couldn't help a flinch as a ghostly bandage-clad woman appeared and rapidly shoved her hand into his abdomen. Yet, whatever it was she did, brought Ferris a relief from pain.

D6 physical stress transferred to Damon.
I've explicitly made damage-sucking non-rollable, so you don't have to scramble for a third die in increasingly convoluted ways so as not to default to a useless effect of d4. I'm last, so I can choose who begins the next round and I choose the zombies!

Rudy thanked the man, put his hat back on his head and quickly looked around: it seemed like the brave waitress rushed the attackers all by herself! Not counting the samurai robot, of course. The monsters encircled Milia and her guardian, confident in their advantage over the girl, separated from the rest of the group.

It's d8 Team, d8 Bloodthirsty and a d8 straight out of the doom pool, as I want a decent effect die. Defend against 15 (:eyepop:) or suffer d8!

Current Doom Pool: 3d6
Milia will move next, right after rolling her reaction. While Milia and, to a lesser extent, Rosalind, are probably locked into Solo, but in general you should be able to declare appropriate affiliation dice as a hurried defense is being formed.

PS. Guest Notorious D.I.O. verse:

♪ Got the hots for your body
I wanna try it for size
I wanna move with ya baby
You got the look in your eyes ♪

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Millia Enco

Good. Good, even when dead the tactics of thugs don't change. I am surrounded now so It's best that I beat these brainless fools. I summon Streetlight to try and punch out the gang.

Solo, Danger Junkie and MIRAMIRAMIRAMIRA for 3d8.

Zombie Defense 2: 3d8 15 (6, 2, 7)

poo poo, fighting through that second time left me more tired than I would like. I grab the side of the building complex and have Streetlight pour as much gravity as I can through it. Sure it didn't work earlier but there is no shame in trying.

Solo, Danger Junkie, Gravity's Rainbow and 1 Plot Point for 4d8

Gravity Wall: 4d8 20(1, 7, 7, 5) 14 with d8 effect!

Rosalind you are next!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rosalind Faire

The Diamond Dogs are struggling against these mighty foes. Well, that loving sucks, Rosalind thinks as she watches them, inching closer to the window by degrees as she goes. Then.

THEN!

The approach of a man who is guided by some kind of mysterious trip wire to rise up into the air arrests Rosalind almost as surely as some kind of French monomaniac. Her head tilts back in her position, mouth hanging open as those violet rays of light arc out from the creature's eyes, smashing in near enough to her head that a stray tuft of her bottle-blonded hair erupts into tiny shards. Sadly, they do not give her any advantage.

The Diamond Dogs on the plaza start to vanish, recalled as Rosalind rises upwards, raising her hands to guard her face. "No," she gasps. "Don't--"

And then she leaps backwards, as the windows open behind her and admit her into the gloom of the Palazzo's upper floor!!

Burglary + Solo + [Diamond Dogs]: 2d8+4d6: 27 [2d8=7, 6] [4d6=2, 5, 3, 4] 27
i assume that succeeds even if i am not sure what else it does. so i'll continue on to my action...

"Is all of this just a cover for a burglary of your own?" says Rosalind as she topples backwards into the dark, hair streaming as she arches up one leg, the loose outer cloak that had concealed the spangling sparkle of her fancy partygoer dress (for exfiltration, wot wot) falling away behind her. As she topples, the previously-withheld Diamond Dogs streak alongside the opening sides of the spreading windows, their tongues and jaws wagging with insolent pleasure.

FOR: once she had seen chaos break out, Rosalind had shifted a gear in her mind... "Chaos would cover all kinds of things, if someone else causes it," she says (thinks? it's ambiguous, and she's still falling back the whopping two or three feet between her and the floor), "and I don't think a jammed lever or a tripped electric eye is going to cause NEARLY as much of a panic when people are hurling the gates around. Honestly--"

Rosalind lands spread-eagle on a sea of Diamond Dogs. Not as much as you might think: About half the pack is enough to hold her. "You don't have any style at ALL."

As the Diamond Dogs carry her partway up a wall so she can simply flourish her way to her feet, Rosalind keeps speaking to herself, even as she positions herself behind a statue she can only half-make out in the dim light. "(It doesn't seem like it's time to make a stand, if you'll forgive us some minor wordplay. Perhaps I should call someone.)"

"Diamond Dogs!" Rosalind says, backing towards what she hopes is a door and aiming to kick it open. Four of the lip-and-tongue-mouthed Dogs slide down her shoulders as she holds up her arms before her, crossing them and curling her fingers as if to suggest an inverted heart. "Go find a telephone. Number 081-867530 - extension 9!"

And so that brave little pack raced off.

The others poured off of Rosalind, skating down her calves and into the floor. It would be hard to deny that she DID hope that intense figure came through the window... But that's what makes life exciting, isn't it?

Solo + Never Shutting Up + THE DIAMOND DOGS AGAIN, on a quest to find a phone: [2d8=2, 5] [4d6=6, 2, 4, 6] 25

lemme know if i muffed that at all. also, Rudy you're up!!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Rudy

As Damon's Stand does its work, Rudy's eyes widen in amazement. "Whoa, I didn't think anyone else had one of these things! Though, looks like yours works differently than mine. This little brawl's proving to be pretty educational. Thanks for the help, I should be good from here on out. Name's Rudy Ferris, and this is Madness." The Stand at Rudy's side tips its hat, or the mass of darkness shaped like a hat, anyway. If Rudy were wearing his usual suit instead of the uniform his employers forced on him, Madness would look like his very own brass-inlaid shadow. Rudy pulls himself to his feet, dusting himself off. He's no longer physically injured, but there's the matter of his pride, he's surrounded by a bunch of other Stand users, and he'd never forgive himself if he doesn't make a good impression.

He looks over at the assembled monsters and laughs, loudly. "Looks like it just ain't your night, boys! Here I thought I was the only guy with a Stand, and all of a sudden, a whole bunch show up right when you idiots try to pull off... whatever you're going for, here. It's a shame your boss is too chicken to face me himself, but I guess you'll have to do. Try not to melt like your buddy did! Looked like it hurt, I'd hate to see you guys begging for mercy, cryin' for your mamas! Of course, the way you look, your mamas'd probably thank me." He keeps his arms open, his stance casual, as though he considers them no threat whatsoever. Rudy's no fool, he noticed that these creatures weren't familiar with Stands, and were likely used to fighting normal people, or more to the point, people that did their own fighting. So, he just waits for the first monster to rush at him, now that he's pissed them all off, and once he's in range, Madness will fly out from behind Rudy's back, and finish the beast off.

(Using the full brace of dice again, Solo and Ghostpunching for obvious reasons, with All I Want is More for Rudy's desire for acclaim from the others, and Professional Gladhand, this time with confidence, as Rudy deliberately riled them up so they'd let their guard down. Looking at an 18 with a d10 effect going at the first zombie to take Rudy's bait Let's have Penny go next.)

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 27, 2016

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Mr. Fowl seems to be off the forums since a few days, so I suppose it won't be a sin to have Damon go before Penny?

The zombies swarm Milia and despite Streetlight Manifesto jumping into action in a blink of an eye, the Stand cannot defend her from three sides simultaneously! One of the zombies managed to knock detective onto the ground with a swing of its claws. Two of the figures loom menacingly over her, complete with purple katakana, the third apparently distracted from the now-easy prey.

Seeing no other way out, Milia rushed Streetlight manifesto to the nearest wall, which the ghost hit impetuously with both its hand. Suddenly, the zombies flew towards the wall, giving her the necessary moment of respite to get back on her feet.

I rolled the Doom Pool and lost at 10. No 1s.
d8 Physical Stress suffered. d8 Horizontal Gravity Zone asset created.

I WILL FEAST ON YOUR EYEBALLS, CUR!”, one of the zombies roared as it turned towards Rudy. “At least I pulled one off her,” he thought to reassure himself, as the terrifying beast rushed towards him. Yet, he held his cool, banking on the surprise as his single biggest advantage over the opponents. The zombie lunged with its fangs ajar and… The gambit worked and the monster took a flurry of punches to it’s face. Madness kept on hitting, and hitting, and hitting, and hitting, and hitting - not to give the foul creation another window of opportunity - until a red-green smear on the cobblestones was all that was left of beast’s head.

Once he snapped out of the adrenaline rush burning in his veins, Rudy felt dizzy at what he had just done.

poo poo, no way I'm beating those odds. Therefore I embrace the bait and activate Bloodthirsty as a d4 weakness to get a doom die (that I actually turn into increasing the size of an existing one). The roll is 10 total, with no 1s.
Current Doom Pool: 2d6, d8. Zombies degraded to Buddy Affiliation.

The pale man soared through the air, without making a slightest noise. The only detail reassuring you in that he wasn't turned to a statue of some sorts is the cold gaze, silently fixed on Rosalind. As her thoughts race in the grim darkness of the room - a contender for the title of world's most unorganized art gallery, perhaps a dumping ground for all the baubles cleared from where the gala was set up? - another few beams shot through the wall, busting another window from its frames, through which the pale man stepped inside the room. It was as if these inhuman rays were less of a hassle than correcting his course.

Understanding the dire position she found herself in, she sent out her trusted doggies through the palace - not to let the fragile beings near her opponent. As she hurriedly whispered her orders, the pale man nonchalantly kicked the Egyptian rug underneath him, as if he wanted to get some invisible can out of his way. Amazingly, the rug freezed in seconds, as if dipped in liquid nitrogen. Rosalind jumped to the side, trying to avoid whatever sorcery this was, but saw some of her doggies not making it in time and being frozen in place. With unnatural chills down her spine, she counted two of the big dogs making it and racing through the empty floor in search of a phone.

I crossed off the Never Shutting Up die here - I don't really see it being really advantageous here. Still, your two best dice are d6 boxcars, so it doesn't really change a thing. The enemy rolled d8 Solo, d10 Flash Freeze and d8 No Distractions, as it was a dramatically nonchalant gesture of swiping away the little dog-bees. Still, he came up short a 9 with a single 1] on one of the dice you’ll be able to use.
Still, I can pick d10 as my failed effect to step back whatever you’ll create right off the bat to d6, if it’ll turn out to be dice-relevant. What exactly? Well, let’s go on with the conversation regardless of the turn order - it’s a series of dramatic cuts over a blue striped background in between all the zombie punching and vampires standing menacingly.

After some wrangling to lift the headphone and press the right buttons number with just two sets of teeth, the two Dogs successfully dialed their desired number.
“Hello and welcome to Speedwagon Foundation Complaint Department,” the dispatcher said, true to the call and response of operations manual. These guys could be stuck on their silly procedures and regulations like it was a real job or something. “Please state your order ID.”

d6 Priceless Works of Art asset created.
Just expanding the space to the new scenery you're in.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 28, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Penny Lane

"They don't have the decency to even give their names to the people they intend to kill? These ghouls have no sense of decency or drama!" She brings the thumb and forefingers of her right and left hand together, forming a square, taking in the scene. "No, none of this will work. We need a change of scenery. All this lawlessness, all this violence--I know what we need. OB-LA-DI, OB-LA-DA, lights, camera, action!"

From behind Penny, a pair of strange specters emerge from the ether, dressed in eye-catching clothes, sporting big sunglasses and even bigger grins. And in an instant, they and everything else is gone. Darkness falls on the courtyard, and in the darkness, a strong bass line can be heard. Strange images flash before the eyes of those present--the Milan skyline in twilight, then words from the darkness.

Dead Beats

More images flash by--hard-nosed cops and detectives, cracking smiles to the watcher as again words float before your vision--the Detective, the Sergeant, the Patrolman, the Secretary, the Chief. At last, the intruders themselves appear by the words "SOME LOSERS" and nothing more.

The last lines to appear before the light reveals all are "Created by Penny Lane, an Ob-La-Di and Ob-La-Da Production"

The stage lights--or perhaps the sun itself?--go on to reveal an old-looking police station, where a tired-looking Detective sits at his desk beside the Ghouls. "Name?"

They looks at him as if he's the strangest thing they've seen all night. Even weirder than the intro sequence.

"Look, just give me your names and you can go. I know you didn't crash that big party and you know you didn't crash that big party. So all I need is your name to satisfy my boss in case we need to check on things later. Bare minimum, you know. Annnnnnd..." He edges a box of stale-ish donuts across the desk towards them. "You get a treat if you're good. Just tell me your names."

My stand has no power over them unless I know their names--but if I can get them to talk...

I think that's D8 from Solo, D8 from Actress, and a D10 from my stand's Set the Scene, since I'm going on the strength of that to convince these dummos to tell me their names. Also, donuts. Rolled a 13

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Damon Furnier

Damon felt his guts twist and warp as [ Only Women Bleed ] took the injuries and pain from Rudy and put that load of hurt right on him. He kept his teeth clamped shut to stop from screaming, and soon found the transfer over, with his guts feeling on fire. "Yeah, no prob, he staggered to his feet as the other guy thanked him and introduced himself, then went off to beat the whole poo poo out of one of those things.

But then he wondered where their leader was - and wasn't there another probably Stand user missing? And what was with the broken window at the Palazzo - oh no.

With the others dealing with the rest of the things, Damon sped towards the Palazzo. It had to be luck that that window lead to an art gallery closed off for the fashion expo - god help everyone if the populace at large discovered the strange bizarre things hidden in the world.

Eventually, Damon made his way to the gallery, just in time to see what appeared to see a roller-skate speed away. Entering the galley, he tried to follow any noises or sounds of a fight as quietly as he could. If the things' leader was here, if he could quietly get to him - he could take him down and give him a taste of the pain currently gnawing in his insides.

Going to try to find and sneak up on Mister Dio-Esque to hit him with Tainted Love. Unless I'm reading this wrong, Solo d8, with Just Blending into the Background d8 to help stealth. If "Works Better Behind the Scenes" helps, I'll tap it as well.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Suddenly, things got really bizarre, in a way that temporarily eclipsed the whole undead monsters out to eat your brains thing. You suddenly seemed to have been taken to a police station, however the change did not seem jarring at all. Actually, once you had a moment to think about it, you've noticed certain... Discrepancies in the scene. I mean, the detective that seemed all so serious on the first glance seems to have lush, pink hair under the hat, while police station's floor appears to be made of... Cobblestone?

The Doom Pool comes up at 9, forcing you to use the d10 and one of the d8s for the result, and the other d8 as the Effect die. You did roll a 1, so I'll throw you a PP in exchange for a doom die - certain someone will have to pick up the ball zombies dropped so far. The zombies only had the d4 Buddy to defend, with which they not only failed, but rolled a 1 to give you a stunt opportunity!

The zombie stopped to think intensely for a split-second that nevertheless seemed to linger for a while, just enough for everyone to get a good look at his dumbfounded expression. You heard someone chuckle - nerves, probably. "Your tricks won't fool ol' Nickelback, cur! I'll treat myself to your carotid!" Suddenly, a number of veins extended from creature's fingertips, like slimy grappling hooks about to burrow inside detective's body. Thankfully, whatever the Blood Vessel Needle Attack sought was not present in the non-flesh body of the Stand. This further angered the beast, who got tricked, in a way, and ran across the wall it was standing on to sink it's teeth in the defiant detective.

Nickelback, huh? A thought occured to Milia - wasn't that the name of one of Mark's old Twisters buddies? The short one that kept cheating in street craps? He certainly doesn't look similar. Well, these questions will have to wait for later, as a more immediate problem was stuck to the wall. The problem roared and grabbed a nearby van, that was slowly sliding towards the wall. Despite working directly against the gravitational pull, the creature powered on through its sheer strength to throw the car at Milia.

It's d4 Buddy, d8 Bloodthirsty, d6 from Area Attack SFX to attack two targets and a d6 delivery van. I roll 13, threatening Penny with d6 stress worth of damage transfer and Milia with d4 - for the latter, in case of failure the existing Stress will step up by 1 to d10. Feel free to include the gravity asset in the reaction roll, as that certainly impacts the throw.

d8 Death in Paradise created. Current Doom Pool: 3d6, 1d8

♪ Within the palazzo ♪

Damon rushed into the building, armed with the rough idea of what room the fight broke into. As he had bursted into the room - the doors were open - he nearly tripped over... Frozen rollerskates? In the pale moonlight he saw the woman from before pressed against the wall in terror, a large chunk of the floor frozen for some reason and the sinister beauty of the menacing man across the room. Damon's sudden appearance diverted his attention and as their eyes locked, Furnier finally got the chance to get a good, close look of the interloper. The man's beauty had a certain noble - or perhaps divine? - quality, exuding superiority not as a matter of arrogance, but rather an obvious, immediately understandable fact. The cold gaze of his blue eyes reflected the distance between them, an infite depth of a blue ocean one could let go and sink into...

"Get rid of that troublesome woman," he commanded - no, asked politely. A memory of seventh birthday stung Damon, of the time he climbed to the cabinet in search of his present and fell and broke the vase and his sister was hurt and the papa was angry and there was no party and his friends had to go home.

He would not like to displease papa again.

I'd say rushing through the building to reach the floor - and the loudest room therein - eats the action. When we get back to you, I think Rough Medicine would be perfectly applicable - no physical contact sells the damage transfer better than a good punch. The stealthy/background traits will take a bit of creativity to include, but should be doable - I already have an idea how to make it work and am somewhat curious if we'll hit the same idea.

Anyhoo, the dude drops a d8 Get Rid of the Woman, my Thrall complication on Damon that I get to add to my pool when you are naughty and disobey. If you want to make it a contest of wills (which is entirely fair), defend against a roll of 12.

I will most probably choose myself to open the third round, but first I'd like to see how these rolls go. Also, let's roleplay the phonecall out, Nessus, so that we reach something roll-worthy by the time your turn is up.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Wait that thing is Nickelback, I've worked crime long enough to know that there aren't many coincidences.

First things first, however, is dealing with that truck. I send Streetlight to charge at it, Thanks to the gravity field from earlier it does not have the force it might have otherwise had. The important thing now is that I need to beat some sense into Nickelback.

Street Punk turned Detective, MIRA, Solo, and Gravity Wall
Zombie Defense 3: 4d8 16 (6, 4, 4, 2)

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I done goofed myself and somehow miscounted the fact the zombie attack from the previous post was actually the first action of the current round, sort of leaving me with not that much to add. :downs: Rather than keep going Barton Fink on this, I think the vampire will wait to see how Damon does his bidding. I'll just update the fact Milia is at d10 physical stress now.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Damon Furnier

Damon's head was in a fog as his memories washed over him. My poor sister, hurt. All my fault. I made Papa angry. I shan't do it again. Papa wants me to deal with this woman. I will. For Papa. For my sister. For him for me for him for her for him him him -

"HEY STOOPID!" An inner voice inside his head screamed out. "You don't got a sister! You have your brother Vince! This guy's messing with your head! Fight it!"

And fight it he'll try.

So this is my reaction to try to fight our Dioesque's mind-whammy. If I got this right, I'm rolling Solo d8, and will see if "Dammit, I'm Supposed To Be Normal" can give me an extra die, as Damon realizes he got mind messed with. I'm going to spend a PP to help me with this defense. If I fail, I'll try to "get rid" of Rose by pushing her out of the broken window "getting rid" of her and getting her away from the vamp (and letting her regroup with the rest of the Jojos). If I succeed, well Damon is going to be face to face with a vampire. Fun times.

Either way, after my action, Rose is up next.

EDIT: Total of Solo d8 + "Dammit I'm Supposed To Be Normal" d8 + PP d6 = 13, so that spent PP allowed me to beat the TN. So I'm editing in Damon's successful defence, and his reaction.

Teeth grinding, Damon mentally fought back against the mental confusion the other hit him with. With a scream of "No!", Damon felt his memories and mind snap back to normal. He was no longer this stranger's puppet, he was himself! His own man! And he was pissed at this interloper in the palazao and his mind. Okay, so this jerks' a mental case, Damon thought as he stared down the villian. Mental tricks, gotta be ready. Wait...he also flew here. Flight, mental powers...and with the ice around, maybe cyrokinesis? And perhaps even ...rollerskate summoning? This doesn't make sense, the Speedwagon Foundation taught me Stands only give one ability. But this guy has more...

Damon instantly realized the horrifying potential. This one...he might not be a Stand user. He could be a ... a vampire.

And dear lord, it might be even him.

The original threat to the Joestar family - and the world.

The Man Behind the (Vampire) Mask

Could this be...Dio Brando?

Put that thought behind you, Damon!
he mentally steeled himself. If you run, you're dead. Hell, if you run, you're dead, the girl is dead, everyone in the pilazzo's dead. You're a Speedwagon Agent, dammit! Hell, you have a Stand! You're hurt and angry, give it to him!

"Unknown intruder!" Damon pointed at the unknown man. "I am a Speedwagon Foundation Agent! You are under citizen's arrest for trespassing, leading zombie monsters, and mind-tampering! Stand down, now!" He quickly glanced at the woman and nodded, [ Only Women Bleed ] putting her hands on his shoulders. If she was a Stand user, perhaps she could help out. Otherwise, well, he was the loud idiot calling out a probable vampire monster, she might get to run away. Right now, it was time to put his training to the test. Time to try to fight a probably vampire in hand-to-hand combat, and try to inflict some pain back at him.

Nothing much to do, so it's time to yell like an idiot and fight back. Solo d8, with Rough Medicine d8 to try to reflect my d6 physical stress on Dioesque.

Rose! Do your best (to probably save Damon's poor dumb rear end)!

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 8, 2016

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

To give credit where it’s due, some 90% of this was penned by Nessus, with yours truly in a mostly editorial role.

The two surviving Diamond Dogs that have reached the phone propped the receiver up. One of them bit into the underside of the plastic of the speaker, lips pulled back with effort. Rosalind could taste the grime and residue of Italian garlic, but had greater things on her mind.

Beep… Beep… Beep...

After a few very tense seconds, the phone was picked up, to Rosalind’s immense relief.

“Hello and welcome to Speedwagon Foundation Complaint Department. Please state your order ID”, the dispatcher said.

The other Dog spoke directly into the receiver, the upper stretch of the ‘skate’ snuggled up to the mic to hear better. “Oh thank God. Listen to me, this is Faire, you know, the cute one,” she says with the garrulous intensity of someone staring down the barrel of a shotgun: “Do you understand me? I’m at the palazzo and it’s completely loving spare here, I’ve got a - I know this is going to sound a bit strange to you, considering that you’re - Right, right, Order ID, I think the one on my sheet was 392? That sounds ABOUT right--”

Rosalind’s blabbering was rudely interrupted by Damon bursting into the room. The man quickly revealed himself as another Speedwagon Foundation agent, which was reassuring - it sure beats another zombie - yet concerning in another way. Why wasn’t she told she could have been provided an accomplice at the joint? Still, she was happy to see an ally, and questions could wait, given the circumstances.

“Oh thank gently caress,” Rosalind said as she saw him. “Hello! Hi! It’s me, it’s agent Rosalind, hi, yes, hello, oh you loving prick,” she continues, in tones of increasing incredulity, even if the lattermost word seems pointed at… [That Man].

“Order ID confirmed, please state your location and the nature of complaint”, the dispatcher replied after a brief pause - but her voice hit a void, as Rosalind got preoccupied with more… Immediate concerns.

“TROUBLESOME? You’re the one who threw a loving GRATE at me like loving Renfield,” Rosalind fumed at the man, her tone belying the ashen paleness on her face which is not coming purely from the radiating cold-vapor the man seems to ooze out of every breath. “Oh yes, speaking of Renfield, excuse me but I’m on the phone?” She raised a hand with an index finger held up. It’s shaking a little.

“Ma’am?”, the concerned dispatcher asked.

“Yes we seem to have some problems of a CHRIS LEE NATURE, do you understand me, I repeat, CHRIS LEE NATURE,” she replied, her voice dropping. “Though he really doesn’t look much like him at all.”

“Ma’am, I… I think there’s a problem. I don’t think your security clearance as an independent contractor entitles you to know about Chris Lee incidents. Could you please specify how did you acquire this knowledge of procedural nature and let me patch you to a relevant decision making body?”

Back in the room, the pale man furrowed his brows in the first show of emotions that you have seen from him. “Speedwagon?” he asked aloud, still burrowing his gaze into Damon. “Could this be another trap for the Master?“

Nessus, it’s less stonewalling and more me having fun and muddying the results for future dramatic effect. Feel free to wrap it up yourself or with Damon and don’t worry about pouring more dice/actions in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rosalind says into the phone with great passion, "You showed me the loving movie! I SAW it with my EYES! If you're going to tell me I didn't understand that or I'm not entitled to know when one's standing right the bloody buggering gently caress here and pissing ice into the air, then I'm -"

"gently caress," Rosalind says in very small voice. "He's listening."

And then...!

He's distracting him.

Rosalind's eyes turn down to the ground. "-- You came for me, didn't you," she says to Damon, but she can't take too much time to be breathily flirtatious. The Diamond Dogs are surging upwards, aiming to rise BENEATH his feet and bear that man back towards the window... Hopefully with enough swiftness to send him flying.

DOIN SOMETHING AT LAST (Stand+Buddy, trying to throw the guy back out the window): 5d6 17 i suspect this may not succeed... but I wanted to throw something in, sorry so much for my lengthy delays!

• Locked thread