Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm not really sure how to use Slack, so I'll primarily use the thread for now. If you're busy until Thursday, I think we'll have to wait for Friday or the weekend due to U.S. Thanksgiving.

Hey, what time should you be available tomorrow? I should be around between noon and 6 p.m. GMT+1, if we could arrange a specific hour, that would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Tevery Best posted:

Hey, what time should you be available tomorrow? I should be around between noon and 6 p.m. GMT+1, if we could arrange a specific hour, that would be great.

Sorry, holiday weekend. I'll be around and available from now until 9pm EST.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Sorry, holiday weekend. I'll be around and available from now until 9pm EST.

Hey, I'm back home and can get around to playing if you are around now.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm on now, with a game ready. Password is lljk

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

08. mitochondritom vs Lump Shaker has been completed. We each won our game as the corporation.

In game one I represented Weyland with "Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed" while LumpShaker tried to fight the man as Whizzard. LumpShaker came into issues fairly quickly as a hastily scored Hostile Takeover provided the capital to rez an Archer. It then went to town on his AI breakers making it difficult for him to access anything. Another hastily scored Chronos Project removed many of his key run event cards from the game and I had plenty of time to set up and score the rest of the agendas. I almost managed to use Scorched Earth for the first time, but decided on the safer play with another Hostile Takeover for the win.

The second game was almost the opposite. LumpShaker represented NBN with Controlling the Message and I attempted to quash the mainstream media with the academical Ian Stirling. My lack of experience with the runner faction really showed here and I ended up with 10 tags and couldn't get anything rolling as all of my economy cards were resources. I managed to steal some agendas here and there but found them being swapped using Psychograpy and such like. At one point I was faced with about 5 remotes full of assets I couldn't trash and Ice I couldn't break, it looked bleak. A hastily assembled Sneakdoor Beta gave me a glimmer of hope, but repeated accesses of Archangel ruined me and LumpShaker finished me off by swapping my Global Food Initiative for a Breaking News. There was no hope for poor Ian at all.

Maybe, predictably, at the bottom of the tables I thought the match up was pretty fair each time. I enjoyed these games a lot.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

mitochondritom posted:

08. mitochondritom vs Lump Shaker has been completed. We each won our game as the corporation.

In game one I represented Weyland with "Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed" while LumpShaker tried to fight the man as Whizzard. LumpShaker came into issues fairly quickly as a hastily scored Hostile Takeover provided the capital to rez an Archer. It then went to town on his AI breakers making it difficult for him to access anything. Another hastily scored Chronos Project removed many of his key run event cards from the game and I had plenty of time to set up and score the rest of the agendas. I almost managed to use Scorched Earth for the first time, but decided on the safer play with another Hostile Takeover for the win.

The second game was almost the opposite. LumpShaker represented NBN with Controlling the Message and I attempted to quash the mainstream media with the academical Ian Stirling. My lack of experience with the runner faction really showed here and I ended up with 10 tags and couldn't get anything rolling as all of my economy cards were resources. I managed to steal some agendas here and there but found them being swapped using Psychograpy and such like. At one point I was faced with about 5 remotes full of assets I couldn't trash and Ice I couldn't break, it looked bleak. A hastily assembled Sneakdoor Beta gave me a glimmer of hope, but repeated accesses of Archangel ruined me and LumpShaker finished me off by swapping my Global Food Initiative for a Breaking News. There was no hope for poor Ian at all.

Maybe, predictably, at the bottom of the tables I thought the match up was pretty fair each time. I enjoyed these games a lot.

Great games man!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I beat djfooboo 2-0

It seems like he just had crap draws both games. The first game I flatlined him with my political RP deck before he even got any breakers out. I think he was running Smoke? It was over way faster than I expected. He face checked through my Cobra and then hit a Shock reducing his hand to 0 on his last click on like turn 4 or 5 then I rezzed a Bioethics to kill him off at the start of my turn.

Game 2 was my smoke vs his Chronos Protocol. I got my econ and my SMCs out quick and he couldn't keep me out of his servers. He was able to trash 2 Cloaks and an R&DI but it only cost me 2+1 recurring credit to break into R&D so I Temujined it and stole a bunch of agendas.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Machai posted:

I beat djfooboo 2-0It seems like he just had crap draws decks both games.

Fixed for ya :v:

Also, I've never seen a stealth setup so quickly, you had turn 5 full suite I think.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

berenzen and i runner split. my nbn glacier deck got crushed by dlr sunny, then we played a super close game and my frantic coding-magnum opus-temujin whizzard managed to barely pull out a win vs aot.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
You should probably give a win to Tevery Best. I've been kinda hard to pin down the last two weeks, and I sliced my index finger open for six stitches worth this evening, so I'm not much good on a computer at the moment.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

You should probably give a win to Tevery Best. I've been kinda hard to pin down the last two weeks, and I sliced my index finger open for six stitches worth this evening, so I'm not much good on a computer at the moment.

Rough, dude. I haven't been exactly the most communicative either, so we might just split.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Online from now StashAugustine. Let's do this!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

AgentF posted:

Online from now StashAugustine. Let's do this!

Sure, I'll have to leave for a bit ~430 but it should work

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Update: AgentF and I split runner. I was ETF sleeper hold and regass Whizz, he was AoT foodcoats and Smoke. Both ended up with the corp getting a decent position to score and discovering that the runner could get into RnD effortlessly and take all the agendas

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Congratulations to Destrado for winning Jinteki Goon League 0010!

I'm going to be creating a new league soon, but probably not immediately in order to play around the holidays a little better for everyone. Thanks for participating and I hope to have you back next time!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Someday I'll manage to hang on and win the league.

Someday...

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Woo last place! Thanks for running the league again!

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
Thanks for running the league! Happy to be among my fellow newbies in the bottom bracket.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
:toot:

Definitely got lucky in a couple of those games, but I'll take it! The real winner here was decks with Boom in them.

Thanks for running the league, see you all in the next one for my inevitable comeuppance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Goon League 3 can be found here

• Locked thread