Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I'm hoping to print a bunch of 4x6's on matte paper but my local lab I typically go with only offers smaller prints on Kodak paper and their matte still has more reflectivity (like luster light) to it than I care for.

Are there any online printers that do reasonably priced small prints on specialty papers? I got some samples from Artifact Uprising and I like their paper but they are pretty pricey ($30 for four 5x7's).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've had some prints done on matte paper from Darkroom and been happy with them.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Have you considered just doing it at home? The craigslist special Canons that come with DSLR bundles are pretty good, cheap, and you can pick whatever paper works best for you.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

ansel autisms posted:

Have you considered just doing it at home? The craigslist special Canons that come with DSLR bundles are pretty good, cheap, and you can pick whatever paper works best for you.

I'd rather not pick up another printer. I had an Epson r1800 that just collected dust for years because I never used it regularly enough so I was replacing $$ ink cartridges every time I needed a print. This is more of a one-off need to make a bunch of small prints to send someone. I don't anticipate it becoming a regular need.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

DJExile posted:

I've had some prints done on matte paper from Darkroom and been happy with them.

this looks pretty good, will definitely try them for a few. Interesting to see the dramatic price jump from 4x6 to 5x7.

• Locked thread