Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Marvolo

"Agreed, brother. But might I suggest we clear to either side of the breach to let Decius soften the targets with suppressing fire? Once the greenskins are forced to the deck it will be far easier to clear them out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Brother Marcus of the Ultramarines
"Call the shot." Marcus says in response to Odyerus. "They'll never know what hit em."

Sounds good let's do this.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Sindri

"What we have faced so far has whetted my appetite. I hope we find greater battle within," Sindri says as he lines up next to the Flesh Tearer.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Tormagoden braces himself as he drives the breaching augur into the hull, squinting against the sparks and spray of metal shavings. It takes several minutes until Tormagoden feels give from the drill, jerking slightly as it punches through to the interior. Pulling the augur free, the assault marine reaches back and pulls a breaching charge free from his belt, squatting down and planting it in the hole he's drilled. He motions to his brothers to give him room, and after a moment of prayer, he hits the detonator.

On the other side of the wall, a handful of orks have clustered around the hole, shoving at each other to get a better look at it and peer through it. One ork, larger than the others, shoulders his way to the front. "Get outta me zoggin' way! I'z da biggest, so's I'z gets ta look tru da new hole!" He presses his face against the wall, watching a hand shove something bulky into the hole. "Oi! Some git's blockin' me new hole! Right, boyz, we're 'eadin' out there ta-" The wall blows inwards as the breaching charge goes off, sending massive chunks of debris and shrapnel through the gathered orks, and incinerating the biggest ork with the blast. Tormagedon is the first in, his weapons at the ready, and he is followed quickly by Odyerus.

Ahead of them, coughing and waving away the dust and picking metal from their thickened hides, stands four ork nobz, who look on in surprise at the space marines. From behind them, an even bigger ork, armored with chunks of tank plating, shoulders his way through, flexing his make-shift bionic arm that ends in a power klaw. "Ha! Izzat a zoggin' beakie?! Boyz! I want dat 'umie's hat! GET ME HIS ZOGGIN' HAT!"

From further down the hallway, the sound of pounding feet can be heard; reinforcements are on the way, but on the merciful side, the hallway can only support four marines or ork shoulder to shoulder.

There are four nobz and a 'ard boy in this hallway, around 45 meters away.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 10, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Chaplain Gerharrt

Gerharrt sneers and turns up his vox, pointing his Crozius at the Orks and drawing his borrowed Bolter, but not yet leaping into the hole. Though it pained him not to be the first into the melee, he knew it would be best to keep the hallway partially clear for their gunners, at least until the squad could assume a proper tactical formation. Besides, the Orks were too far for a jump pack assault. Better, then, to get the Killteam's blood up.

"THE ONLY HEADS TAKEN THIS DAY WILL BE YOURS, GREENSKINS! KILL THEM ALL! NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR!"

Initiative: 16

Quick draw the Crozius and Bolter. Going ahead and spending the Full Action to give everybody Hatred (Orks) for this fight.

Litany of Hate vs 91 (54 Charm +20 Inspire Wrath +10 Peer +5 Gauntlets +2 Trapping): 93, oh good one idiot, I realize the number should actually be higher than what I rolled last time and this is how you repay me

Litany of Hate vs 91 Reroll: 23

I'm going to use my Zealous Demeanor for that reroll. He spends most of his free time thinking of inspiring ways to yell about how much everybody in earshot should hate aliens, he's not going to screw it up that easily. Everybody else gets +10 WS against Orks for the rest of the battle.

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
67	36	60	50	59	35	56	49	54
		10	10
Wounds: 21/21       Fate: 3/3	Armour: 9 Body, 7 Hands, 8 Rest
Force Field: 50 (Overloads on 1-10) Dodge: 59 Parry: 77 (x2) TB: 10
Movement: 6/12/18/36 Pilot (Personal): 69
Demeanours: Proud, Zealous

Ambidextrous - No offhand penalties, reduced two-weapon fighting penalty.
Astartes Weapon Training - Use pretty much everything.
Bulging Biceps - No bracing necessary.
Catfall - Free Action Agi Test on a fall; reduce effective distance fallen by Agi bonus on a Success and again for every DoS.
Counter Attack - Can make a Free Action attack after parrying an enemy, using the parrying weapon at -20.
Deathwatch Training - RF is always confirmed against aliens.
Double Team - Additional +10 WS when Ganging Up, or +20 if both characters have it.
Fearless - Completely immune to Fear and Pinning, must test WP to disengage from or back down from a fight.
Hatred (Eldar, Heretics, Orks, Tyranids, Tau) - +10 WS against enemy, WP test to retreat against anything short of overwhelming odds.
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight) - +10 to tests involving these senses.
Icon of Duty - Can spend FP to add one benefit to self and everyone in Support for one encounter: +10 WP tests, Fear (+1), or a reroll on failed Charges against one Hated enemy type.
Inspire Wrath - +20 Fel when inspiring hate or anger, doubles number of affected targets.
Iron Jaw - Test Toughness to resist Stunning.
Killing Strike - Can spend FP to make an attack unavoidable via Dodge or Parry.
Lightning Attack - Make three melee attacks as a Full Action. Can only make 1 attack with the other weapon.
Lightning Reflexes - 2x Agi bonus to Initiative.
Litany of Hate - Full Action Charm test to give +10 WS against one enemy type to FelB people in Support. Must have Hatred.
Nerves of Steel - Reroll tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.
Peer (Astartes) - +10 to any Fel tests with organization.
Quick Draw - Ready Pistol/Basic/one-handed Melee as a Free Action.
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - +10 to any test to resist covered groups.
Scourge of Heretics - +10 WS and +2 Damage against Heretics. GM determines who exactly counts as a Heretic.
Swift Attack - Functionally obsoleted by Lightning Attack.
True Grit - Halve all Critical Damage results.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic, Melee) - Attack with two weapons per round as a Full Action using separate tests for each, at -10 with Ambidextrous.
Unarmed Master - 1d10+SB punches, non-Primitive.
Wall of Steel - Can make a second Parry per round (or Parry once after spending his Reaction on something else).

Crozius Arcanum		Melee			1d10+17E	Pen 7				Balanced, Power Field, Special*
EC Power Axe		Melee			1d10+19E	Pen 6				Unbalanced, Power Field, Exceptional
Bolt Pistol		Pistol	 30m	S/3/-	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	14/14	Full		Tearing
Bolter			Basic	100m	S/3/-	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	28/28	Full		Tearing, Fire Selector, RDLS, (1 Clip Metal Storm, -2 Dam/Pen, Blast (2))
Flamer			Basic	 20m	S/-/- 	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	06/06	2Full		Flame
Frag Grenades		Thrown	 30m		 2d10+2X	Pen 0				Blast (4)
Krak Grenades		Thrown 	 30m		 3d10+4X	Pen 6

*If the wielder has the Hatred talent against an enemy in melee, that enemy cannot take the Defensive Stance action.
**SB already incorporated.

Wargear: Mk 6 Corvus Power Armor (Base Power Armor benefits, +10 Agility, +15 Autosenses, +10 WS, +5 Fel with Loyalists, +2 Crit and +1 Magnitude damage)
Rosarius, Astartes Jump Pack, Skull Helm, Repair Cement, Ornamental Tabard

Other Bonuses/Penalties: +1 Squad Cohesion, +1d10 Magnitude Damage when Jump-Charging in Solo Mode.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 10, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Intiative: 1d10+4 9

Marcus steps through the breach and sidesteps to the right whilst firing his Plasma Gun at the 'ard boy. "I got the ARD BOY, kill the nobs!"

Half Action to kindly move out of the way and Half Action to standard attack, TN 44.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS   S    T  Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
44  44 42[62] 42 44  42  44  50  61

Wounds: 23/23   Fate: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+4
Half Move: 5 Full Move: 10 Charge: 15 Run: 30
SB: 8[10] (Power Armour)  TB: 8 
Armour: 8[10] (All/Body)

Awareness: 44[64] (Auto-Senses/Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight])
Command: 91[101] (Peer [Deathwatch])
Dodge: 44
Parry: 44[54] (Chainsword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
E.C. Balefire Gun 20m S/-/- 1d10+12 E Pen: 4 Clip: 4/6 Rld: Full Special: Flame, Reliable, Toxic
Astartes Plasma Gun (Ragefire) 100m S/2/- 1d10+14 E Pen: 10 Clip: 23/24 Rld: 2 Full Special: Volatile
Maximal 110m S/2/0 2d10+14 E Pen: 12 Special: Overheats, Recharge, Volatile
Astartes Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+11 X Pen: 4 Clip: 14/14 Rld: Half Special:Tearing
Astartes Chainsword 1d10+13 R Pen: 3 Special: Balanced, Tearing
Astartes Combat Knife 1d10+10 R Pen: 2
Unarmed Master 1d10+10 I Pen: 0

Astartes Frag Grenades 30m S/-/- 2d10+4 X Pen: 0 Ammo: 3/3 Special: Blast (4)
Astartes Krak Grenades 30m S/-/- 3d10+6 X Pen: 6 Ammo 3/3

Noteworthy Gear:
Heraldry Scroll: Add +10 Kill Markers to any Assault Mission where the scroll was displayed at least once in battle.

Noteworthy Talents
Cleanse and Purify: Targets of Marcus's flamer attacks take a -20 to the agility test to avoid being hit. Increase number of hits on a horde by 1d5.
Deathwatch Training: Automatically confirm righteous fury against xenos.
Double Team: Gain a +10 WS bonus when ganging up on a enemy in melee. Stacks for a total of +20 if both PCs have the talent.
Duty Unto Death: Marcus ignores the effects of injury, fatigue, and stunning during combat. Death affects him normally.
Exemplar of Honour: Marcus may spend a fate point to regain Cohesion equal to his Fellowship Bonus. He may do this once per round.
Fearless [Scars of Experience]: Marcus is immune to the effects of fear and pinning. Disengaging or otherwise backing down from a fight requires a successful willpower test.
Hatred (Tyranids): Gain a +10 to WS made against the target group
Hip Shooting: Marcus can make both a full move and a standard ranged attack in one turn.
Hunter of Aliens [Scars of Experience]: Gain a +10 to WS and +2 to melee damage when fighting Xenos.
Killing Strike: Marcus may spend a fate point when making an All-Out attack to ensure his attack cannot be dodged or parried by his opponent.
True Grit: Halve the result of critical damage, rounding up.

Special Abilities:
Death is Joy: Marcus adds +2 to Critical damage and increases horde magnitude damage by 1 with any successful attack.
Scars of Experience: Whilst in squad mode, Marcus may attempt to impart certain abilities onto the rest of the squad. Costs a point of cohesion and takes a full round. 
All those in support range gain the benefit of the talent until the end of combat.
Tactical Expertise: When initiating a Squad Mode Ability, Marcus may share the benefits of his Chapter's Squad Mode abilities with the rest of the team as if they were members of his own chapter.
Requires a +0 Command test.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 23, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Marvolo

Mechanical limbs reach forward and pull the techmarine in like an armored ceramite spider, helping him move more quickly through the entry. His bolter is up immediately and his implanted systems feed him fresh data for targeting. Green enemies are overlaid red as he pulls the trigger for a burst of explosive ammo right into their midst. His data is accurate, blessed as he is by both the Emperor and Omnissiah. The bolt rounds strike home with lethal efficiency.

Half move out of the way of the breach, Logis Implant for +10 to hit and semi-auto burst.
Logis Implant Tech-Use roll: 1d100 11
Semi auto burst vs 74: 1d100 32 = all 3 hit
Bolter damage: 3#2d10k1+9 19 19 14 2 RFs! :D
Righteous Fury: 2#1d10 8 6
So three hits for 27, 25 and 14

pre:
48	54	75	50	39	61	43	31	38

Wounds: 22/22
Fate:    3/3

Armour: 15 All
Regen 5

Parry 48  Dodge 39  

Bolter         100m  S/3/-  1d10+9  X  Pen  4  22/28  Full  Tearing
Bolt Pistol    100m  S/2/-  1d10+9  X  Pen  4  14/14  Full  Tearing
Flamer          20m  S/-/-  1d10+9  E  Pen  4   6/6    2F   Flame
Plasma Pistol   30m  S/2/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  8  12/12   3F   Volatile
Balefire Gun    20m  S/-/-  1d10+9  E  Pen  4   6/6    2F   Flame, Toxic
Power Axe     Melee  -----  1d10+22 E  Pen  7  -----  ----  Power Field, Unbalanced
Servo Arm     Melee  -----  2d10+14 I  Pen 10  -----  ----  

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 12, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tormagoden, the Eviscerator

A challenge from a champion in a narrow hallway. For a Flesh Tearer, what could be better? As he points his chainsword and guns his breaching drill, he bellows "I'm going to mount your skull on that claw, greenskin! Come on! I'm right here!"

initiative: 1d10+6 7
tormagoden, you disappoint me

full action to frenzy, but I can parry and counterstrike anyway
parry should be at like 106

pre:
Combat Block:

76	41   [14]60  [10]50	67	39	45	41	24
WS	BS	S	T	AG	INT	PER	WP	FEL

Killing Strike
Crushing Blow
Lightning Attack
Flesh Render
Wall of Steel, Counter Attack
Frenzy, Battle Rage

Exceptional Breaching Augur 2d10+26 R Pen7 Tearing, Unwieldy, Power Field, +5 WS
 +10 to attacks
Chainsword                  1d10+17 R Pen3 Balanced, Tearing

Initiative: 1d10+6
Wounds: 20/20
FP: 3/3

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Sindri

Seeing Tormagoden occupied with readying himself after setting the charge, and realising the team must strike before the xenos could recover from the concussive blast, Sindri takes his chance and leaps into the freshly created hole, aiming straight for the most heavily armoured of the greenskins. The Templar's words pound in his head as he lets out a guttural snarl and brings his power axe up to strike.

Initiative: 1d10+4 10
Charge the 'ard boy: WS 54 + 10 (Charge) + 5 (Exceptional) + 10 (Hunter of Aliens) + 10 (Litany of Hate) = 89
Attack 'Ard Boy vs 89: 1d100 33
Damage 'Ard Boy: 1d10+19 22

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
54   38   60   41   44   49   41   47   51
         (10) (8)

Wounds: 24/24       Armour: 8/11*
Fate: 4/5           Dodge: 44      Parry: 34
                    *Hits to the head are redirected to the chest on a 1d10 roll of 8, 9 or 10

Ambidextrous - No penalty for using off-hand
Bulging Biceps - No penalty for firing Heavy weapons unbraced
Hardy - Recover damage as though lightly wounded
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight, Smell) - +10 to Awareness tests
Hunter of Aliens - +10 to WS, +2 damage to Xenos
Iron Discipline - Followers may re-roll Fear and Pinning tests
Killing Strike - Spend Fate Point to make All-Out Attack unavoidable
Nerves of Steel - Re-roll Pinning tests
Quick Draw - Ready weapons as a free action
Rapid Reaction - Make Ag test to avoid surprise
Rapid Reload - Halve reloading times, rounding down
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - +10 to resist
True Grit - Halve critical damage, rounding up
Unarmed Master - Unarmed attacks do 1d10+10 I damage

Bolt Pistol    30m   S/2/–  1d10+9X   Pen.4   14/14  Full   Tearing
Bolter         100m  S/3/–  1d10+9X   Pen.4   28/28  Full   Tearing
 Metal Storm   100m  S/3/–  1d10+7X   Pen.2   28/28  Full   Blast (2), Tearing
Plasma Pistol  30m   S/2/–  1d10+10E  Pen.8   12/12  3Full  Exceptional, Volatile
Power Axe                   1d10+19E  Pen.7                 Power Field, Unbalanced
Combat Knife                1d10+10R  Pen.2
Frag Grenade   30m   S/–/–  2d10+2X   Pen.0                 Blast (4)
Krak Grenade   30m   S/–/–  3d10+4X   Pen.6
Melta Bomb     5m    S/–/–  5d10+7E   Pen.12                Blast (5)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Decius, White Consuls. Third Company Tactical Marine, Former Proconsul, serving as Deathwatch Devastator Marine

As the blast goes off Decius watches everyone else pile into the breach and only once the last one has entered does the White Consul swing into the hole after one last scan to make sure they were not being followed. Inside was the cramped quarters one often finds inside ships. Such locations can render a Devastator nearly useless, but not one as well trained as Decius. He quickly assesses his firing lanes, and using the predictable interval in the weapon's cyclic rate, walks the heavy bolter across the hallway, fanning the bolt shells between allies and right at the orks.

ini hallway: 1d10+6 9

Since I don't have to brace, I am going to do a full auto burst, which is a full round attack, TN is 67(base)+20(FAB)+10 (short range)=97
Shooting gallery TN of 97: 1d100 45

That is 5 hits, Since we have 5 enemies I will put one shot on each.
damage on 5 hits: 5#2d10

So doing tearing +14 that is 19, 21, 22, 23, 23 damage all pen 5. If some of the orks die before my turn then distribute their hit to another. Since I have target selection, I assume that means I can also easily shoot past my allies if I can shoot at stuff they are engaging in melee with no penalty.

pre:
Stats (*Includes Power armor stat bonuses)
WS: 41	
BS: 67	
S: 65* (10)	
T: 45 (8)	
Ag: 61*	
Int: 41	
Per: 56	
WP: 45	
Fel: 37

Wounds: 22/22       Fate: 3/3	Armour: 11 Body, 8 rest 
 Dodge: 61  TB: 8
Movement(including hulking size:: 7/14/21/42 

Bolter Drill-May increase bolter RoF by 1
Cleanse and purify--20 to escape my fire, +1d5 more hits on hordes
Crackshot:Add two to damage on crits
Deadeye shot: -10 only on called shots
Die Hard: Can roll twice when bleeding out
Hip shooting:As full action may move full movement and one single shot
Marksman: No penalty to BS at long or extended range
Mighty Shot: +2 to all ranged weapon damage
Peer (deathwatch) - +10 to any Fel tests with organization.
Rapid reload: Halves reload time
Rapid Reaction: When surprised or ambushed, agility test to act normally
Storm of Iron: Double damage done to hordes with flame, semi, or full auto fire
Target Selection: Shoot into melee with no penalty

Other stuff:
Unrelenting Devastation: one additional Damage to hordes, 1d5 if a blast weapon.
Solo modes:
Favored Son: re-roll fellowship with Imperial armed forces, +1 to team cohesion if leader, automatically pas one command test.
Student of the codex (First founding page 75): Treat all tactics as basic skills. Can pass tactics test to get ini rerolls equal to DoS.

Chain Melee attachment		Melee			1d10+13R	Pen 3				tearing
Bolt Pistol		Pistol	 30m	S/4/-	 1d10+11X	Pen 4	14/14	half		Tearing
Heavy Bolter		Heavy	150m	-/-/7	         1d10+14X	Pen 5	243/250	Half		Tearing
Last Resort		Basic	 30m	S/3/5 	 1d10+12I	Pen 4	20/20	Half		Reliable, Scatter,  Fire selector, maglock, preysense
Armorbane Frag                    200m    s/-/-           2d10+2X      Pen 4         1/1        full         Blast (5) Devastating (1)
Armorbane krak                    200m    s/-/-           3d10+12X    Pen:8         1/1        full          Blast (1)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Here is Initiative; I rolled for Lui to speed us along, but he's welcome to reroll if he doesn't like the fact I rolled him a one. :v:

I'll update with the resolution for everyone's attacks and the ork group's actions later on today. Yes, the mega-nob is named Bryce.

INITIATIVE
Gerharrt - 16
Bryce - 13
Grimgutz - 12
Gutgrim - 12
Marvolo - 11
Sindri - 10
Gutgutz - 10
Decius - 9
Marcus - 9
Tormagoden - 7
Odyerus - 5
Grimgrimz - 4

4 Nobs, 1 hard boy initiative: 4#1d10+3 12 12 10 4 1d10+4 13
Odyerus Init: 1d10+4 5

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The chaplain raises his mace on high, yelling to his brothers about the hated xenos and how best to strike them down, filling his battle brothers with the zeal and vigor the Emperor demands of his finest warriors. The 'ard boy mega-nob furrows his brow, his nostrils flaring, and he slams his power klaw against the nearest inanimate object. "Oi, wot's 'e zoggin' sayin' about us orks?! YOU LADZ GONNA LET SOME 'UMIE WI' A SKULL FER A HAT TELLS YA YER A COUPLE OF IDJIT GRETCHIN?!" The other orks bang their choppas against their armor, roaring out, "NO WE AIN'T BRYCE!"

"YER drat ROIGHT WE AIN'T! AN' WE AIN'T LETTIN' NO 'UMIES 'IT 'ARDER THAN US, IS WE?!" "NO WE AIN'T, BRYCE!"
"DAT'S ZOGGIN ROIGHT, LADS! NOW GO ZOGGIN' GET 'EM OR I'LL KRUMP YA MESELF!"

With an impassioned cry of WAAAAAAAAAGH two of the nobz sprint forward, their choppas held high. They skid to a stop next to the hole and pause, looking back to Bryce. "Uhm, boss? e's standin' outside."

"Wot? Wot do ya MEAN e's standin' outside? There's nuttin' out dere, ya idjit! E's obviously roight there, krump him!"

Grimgutz and Gutgrim look at each other for a moment and shrug, taking a moment to lean out of the hull and swing their choppas rather ineffectually at the chaplain. Their blows bounce off his armor and the force field that surrounds him, and the two step back from the hole, looking more confused than ever. Bryce groans, covering his face with his good hand. "Idjits."

A moment later, Marvolo comes barreling through the hole with the enhanced momentum of his mechandrites, slamming his feet into the two orks and sending them stumbling backwards. He lands with a thud, bringing his bolter to bear and opening fire; Grimgutz is unable to react in time, the bolter shell ripping through his arm and exploding beyond it, sending a spray of shrapnel and blood through the corridor. Gutgrim suffers a similar fate; even as he tries to move out of the way, he is struck by Marvolo's shot. Further down the hall, their brother, Gutgutz, looks down at the shot striking his chest, wincing at the explosion but otherwise coming out unscathed.

Sindri hops in next, hitting the ground running as he shoulders past the two nobs, his eyes set squarely on the biggest prize: Bryce. He roars out as he brings his axe around in a mighty flourish, only to feel his arm jar as the meganob catches the blade between two 'fingers' of his powa klaw. "Ha ha ha! Lookit this little axe this one's got, boyz! Zoggin' 'ilarious, it is." Gutgutz laughs with his boss, before a thought occurs to; if he kills this space marine that just attacked the boss, he might get something good out of it! With nothing but brutal strength, the ork brings his axe around in two vicious swings against the Space Wolf, but the Wolf moves just right to cause the blows to merely slide across his armor rather than doing any damage.

Decius steps in next, his heavy bolter roaring to life as he unleashes a torrent of bolt shells into the two unfortunate idiots standing not ten feet in front of him. Grimgutz spins to face Marcus as the first two bolts strike his shoulder, and his arm being blown clean from his body as the two shells detonate; a shell embeds itself in the ork's temple and his chest, and Grimgutz looks almost comical as he realizes what's coming next. The two explosions are nearly simultaneous, and the ork's expression turns incredible stupid as it collapses to the floor, twitching and bleeding everywhere. Decius easily swings the bolter slightly right, tearing two perfect holes in Gutgrim.

Marcus swoops in next, bringing his plasma gun to bear on Gutgrim, firing a sizzling sphere of energy at the poor ork. The attack strikes him square in the chest, filling the hallway with the smell of roasting ork flesh, and he roars out in pain before stumbling back a step, his eyes unfocused.

INITIATIVE
Gerharrt - 16
Mega Bryce - 13
Gutgrim - 12 STUNNED
Marvolo - 11
Sindri - 10
Gutgutz - 10 - All Out Attack vs 105 (Furious Assault - free second attack on hit)
Decius - 9
Marcus - 9
Tormagoden - 7

Odyerus - 5
Grimgrimz - 4 -

Gerharrt pumps up his allies.
'HIT 'EM 'ARDER YA IDIOTS' vs S 66: 1d100 32 Bryce pumps up the orks.
Grimgutz Charge + All Out Attack vs Gerrhart (105 TN): 1d100 16
Gerharrt Force Field vs 50 (Overload >10): 1d100 97
Gerharrt Parry vs 77: 1d100 94
Gerharrt suffers damage: 2d10+5 7
7 - armor and TB = 0
Grimgutz Furious Assault Second Attack vs 105: 1d100 64
Gerrhart Force Field vs 50: 1d100 39
Gutgrim Charge + Swift Attack vs 85: 1d100 70
Gerrhart Force Field vs 50: 1d100 100
Gerrhart Parry vs 77: 1d100 54
Gutgrim Furious Assault Secondary Attack vs 85: 1d100 16
Gerrhart Force Field vs 50: 1d100 45
Grimgut and Gutgutz Dodge vs 30: 1d100 49, 77
27 - (10 - 4) - 10 = 11 damage (Grimgutz)
25 - (10 - 4) - 10 = 9 damage (Gutgrim)
14 - (10 - 4) - 10 = 0 damage (Gutgutz)
Sindri charges
Bryce Parry vs 75: 1d100 17
Gutgutz All Out Attack vs Sindri (105): 1d100 97
Sindri Dodge vs 44: 1d100 60
Gutgutz Damage vs Sindri: 2d10+2 11
11 - (11 - 2) - 8 = 0
Gutgutz Furious Assault Secondary Attack vs 105: 1d100 56
Sindri Dodge vs 44: 1d100 96
Gutgutz Damage vs Sindri: 2d10+2 9
yeah no damage again
Decius full autos the two orks nearest him and gains extra shots
Damage from Two Extra Hits: 2#2d10k1+15 17 24 (Body Arm Head Arm Body)
19 - (10-5) - 10 = 4
21 - (10-5) - 10 = 6
22 - (6-5) - 10 = 11
23 - (10 - 5) - 10 = 8 (Dead Grimgutz)
23 - (10 - 5) - 10 = 8
17 -(10 - 5) - 10 = 2
24 - (10 -5) - 10 = 9
Marcus Plasma Shot vs 74: 1d100 55
Marcus Damage vs Gutgrim: 1d10+14 20
20 - (10-10) - 10 = 10
Tormagoden goes nutso

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Odyerus

Looking at the situation, Odyerus knows just the right tactic that will help them overcome this threat - best of all, he doesn't even need to resort to his Chapter's special tactics, given how few Orks there are left. Stepping into the breach with his brothers, Odyerus charges the the 'Ard Boy that Sindri is fighting, bellowing the litanies of hate imparted to him by the Chaplain.

I am OK with you rolling me a one - that's what I get for not posting as much! Nevertheless, I'll work with it. I am rolling against TN 95 (45 Base, +10 Hunter of Aliens, +10 Charge, +20 Ganging Up (w/extra +10 from talent), +10 Litanies of Hate).

CHARGE!!! - Hit
Damage - 19. Laffo on that damage roll of a one!

pre:
45	51	60	40	47	41	39	58	64
		10	8

Wounds: 22/22       Fate: 3/3	Armour: 11 Body, 8 Rest
Dodge: 47 Parry: 55  TB: 8
Command: 89 (99 for Astartes thanks to Mk. 5 Armor)
Movement: 5/10/15/30

*Squad Leader* - Cohesion 11/11

Talents
Air of Authority - Can make Command tests on others not part of my retinue at -10 penalty. Can also affect a number of targets equal to 1d10+Fel bonus with a successful Command test.
Double Team - Additional +10 WS when Ganging Up, or +20 if both characters have it.
Good Reputation (Imperial Navy) - +10 to any Fel tests with organization. Stacks with any applicable Peer talent.
Hip Shooting - As a full action, may make a full movement and take a single shot.
Hunter of Aliens - Gain a +10 to WS and +2 to damage when fighting xenos.
Iron Discipline - Followers can re-roll failed Willpower tests to avoid Fear or Pinning. Affects a number of targets equal to Willpower bonus. 
     To receive benefits, followers must be in vox or pict-caster range.
Marksman - No penalty to BS at long or extreme range.
Mighty Shot - +2 to all ranged weapon damage
Peer (Imperial Navy) - +10 to any Fel tests with organization.
Rapid Reload - Halve all reloading times.
Signature Wargear (Master) - Get a 'free' piece of wargear of up to a Requisition value of 40, including upgrades - get an additional bonus 
     depending on the type of wargear.
Storm of Iron - Double damage to Hordes with flame, semi-auto, or full-auto fire.
Tactical Expertise - With a Command Test, can allow others to use my Chapter's Attack and Defense Patterns in Squad Mode
Target Selection - Shoot into melee with no penalty
Talented (Pilot) - +10 to all skill checks using the Pilot skill.

Power Sword		Melee			 1d10+16E**	Pen 6					Balanced, Power Field
Bolt Pistol		Pistol	 30m	S/3/-	 1d10+11X	Pen 4	14/14	Full(Half)		Tearing
Naval Bolter		Basic	100m	S/3/-	 1d10+11X	Pen 4	17/20	Full(Half)		Tearing, Fire Selector, (1 Clip Kraken Rounds), Special*
'Welcoming Committee'	Basic	 30m	S/3/5 	 1d10+13(I)	Pen 4	20/20	Full(Half)		Scatter, Reliable, Fire Selector, Motion Predictor (1 Clip Slug Rounds)
-Mono Attachment	Melee			 1d10+10R**	Pen 2				
Frag Grenades (x3)	Thrown	 30m		 2d10+2X	Pen 0					Blast (4)
Krak Grenades (x3)	Thrown 	 30m		 3d10+4X	Pen 6
Stun Grenade (x1)	Thrown 	 30m		 Special	Pen 0					Blast (5)

*Can use one-handed and in close combat without penalty.

Wargear: Mk. 5 Heresy Power Armor (Base Power Armor benefits, +5 Autosenses, +10 Fel with Astartes, -10 Fel with Inquisition, +5 to Fear, Pinning, and Command tests, +1 Cohesion)
Back Banner, Vox-Caster, Picter, Astartes Grav Chute, Repair Cement, Crusader Medallions

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Odyerus charges forward, his power sword crackling to life as he brings it forward in a vicious thrust at the chest of the mega-nob, a blow that would eviscerate any foe foolish enough to stand before the might of the Astartes.

... if the blade hadn't simply scraped against the ork's armor, creating a nails on chalkboard noise that makes the orks cringe and sparks to fly from the armor. Bryce laughs heartily, grinning cruelly at Odyerus, revealing massive, metal-capped teeth. "Dat's just cute, lil' beakie! Finkin' yer lil' sticka would cut thru' me kan! Haw!"

The final ork, Grimgrimz, takes a step back from the action and swings his kustom shoota to bear, his eyes gleaming with joy as he opens fire, the corridor filling with the loud cracking report of the shoddy weapon and the tinkling of shells onto the metal floor around him. Fortunately for the space marines, it also is filled with the sound of the shots harmlessly ricocheting, as the ork seems to be more thrilled with the fact the gun is firing and making a lot of flash and noise than actually hitting anything.

Gerhart is up again.

19 damage - (14 armor - 6 armor piercing) - 12 toughness bonus = 0 damage to mega-nob
Kustom Shoota Full Auto vs 30: 1d100 92

INITIATIVE
Gerharrt - 16
Mega Bryce - 13
Gutgrim - 12 STUNNED
Marvolo - 11
Sindri - 10
Gutgutz - 10
Decius - 9
Marcus - 9
Tormagoden - 7
Odyerus - 5
Grimgrimz - 4 -

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Chaplain Gerharrt

The Chaplain deflects and absorbs the Orks' feeble blows in silence. As he swats the last swing away, he releases his magboots, reorients himself in midair with a pulse of his jump pack, then hurls himself into the breach with a roar of turbomotors, aiming to crush the idiot Ork with the gun before it figured out how to aim.

Charging Grimgrimz. If I can't do that because he's too far away or too many people are in the way or whatever, let me know and I'll shoot him with the Bolter.

Crozius Charge vs 97 (67 +20 Charge +10 Hatred): 73

Damage, Pen 7: 1d10+17 24

pre:
67	36	60	50	59	35	56	49	54
		10	10
Wounds: 21/21       Fate: 3/3	Armour: 9 Body, 7 Hands, 8 Rest
Force Field: 50 (Overloads on 1-10) Dodge: 59 Parry: 77 (x2) TB: 10
Movement: 6/12/18/36 Pilot (Personal): 69
Demeanours: Proud, Zealous

Catfall - Free Action Agi Test on a fall; reduce effective distance fallen by Agi bonus on a Success and again for every DoS.
Counter Attack - Can make a Free Action attack after parrying an enemy, using the parrying weapon at -20.
Fearless - Completely immune to Fear and Pinning, must test WP to disengage from or back down from a fight.
Hatred (Eldar, Heretics, Orks, Tyranids, Tau) - +10 WS against enemy, WP test to retreat against anything short of overwhelming odds.
Icon of Duty - Can spend FP to add one benefit to self and everyone in Support for one encounter: +10 WP tests, Fear (+1), or a reroll on failed Charges against one Hated enemy type.
Inspire Wrath - +20 Fel when inspiring hate or anger, doubles number of affected targets.
Iron Jaw - Test Toughness to resist Stunning.
Lightning Attack - Make three melee attacks as a Full Action. Can only make 1 attack with the other weapon.
Lightning Reflexes - 2x Agi bonus to Initiative.
Litany of Hate - Full Action Charm test to give +10 WS against one enemy type to FelB people in Support. Must have Hatred.
Peer (Astartes) - +10 to any Fel tests with organization.
Scourge of Heretics - +10 WS and +2 Damage against Heretics. GM determines who exactly counts as a Heretic.
Swift Attack - Functionally obsoleted by Lightning Attack.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic, Melee) - Attack with two weapons per round as a Full Action using separate tests for each, at -10 with Ambidextrous.
Wall of Steel - Can make a second Parry per round (or Parry once after spending his Reaction on something else).

Crozius Arcanum		Melee			1d10+17E	Pen 7				Balanced, Power Field, Special*
EC Power Axe		Melee			1d10+19E	Pen 6				Unbalanced, Power Field, Exceptional
Bolt Pistol		Pistol	 30m	S/3/-	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	14/14	Full		Tearing
Bolter			Basic	100m	S/3/-	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	28/28	Full		Tearing, Fire Selector, RDLS, (1 Clip Metal Storm, -2 Dam/Pen, Blast (2))
Flamer			Basic	 20m	S/-/- 	 1d10+9X	Pen 4	06/06	2Full		Flame

*If the wielder has the Hatred talent against an enemy in melee, that enemy cannot take the Defensive Stance action.

Wargear: Mk 6 Corvus Power Armor (Base Power Armor benefits, +10 Agility, +15 Autosenses, +10 WS, +5 Fel with Loyalists, +2 Crit and +1 Magnitude damage)
Rosarius, Astartes Jump Pack, Skull Helm, Repair Cement, Ornamental Tabard

Other Bonuses/Penalties: +1 Squad Cohesion, +1d10 Magnitude Damage when Jump-Charging in Solo Mode.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Marcus continues to fire upon Gutgrim until the greenskin is dead, dead, dead.

Full Action to SA Burst, 54 before range mods if any.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS   S    T  Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
44  44 42[62] 42 44  42  44  50  61

Wounds: 23/23   Fate: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+4
Half Move: 5 Full Move: 10 Charge: 15 Run: 30
SB: 8[10] (Power Armour)  TB: 8 
Armour: 8[10] (All/Body)

Awareness: 44[64] (Auto-Senses/Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight])
Command: 91[101] (Peer [Deathwatch])
Dodge: 44
Parry: 44[54] (Chainsword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
E.C. Balefire Gun 20m S/-/- 1d10+12 E Pen: 4 Clip: 4/6 Rld: Full Special: Flame, Reliable, Toxic
Astartes Plasma Gun (Ragefire) 100m S/2/- 1d10+14 E Pen: 10 Clip: 21/24 Rld: 2 Full Special: Volatile
Maximal 110m S/2/0 2d10+14 E Pen: 12 Special: Overheats, Recharge, Volatile
Astartes Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+11 X Pen: 4 Clip: 14/14 Rld: Half Special:Tearing
Astartes Chainsword 1d10+13 R Pen: 3 Special: Balanced, Tearing
Astartes Combat Knife 1d10+10 R Pen: 2
Unarmed Master 1d10+10 I Pen: 0

Astartes Frag Grenades 30m S/-/- 2d10+4 X Pen: 0 Ammo: 3/3 Special: Blast (4)
Astartes Krak Grenades 30m S/-/- 3d10+6 X Pen: 6 Ammo 3/3

Noteworthy Gear:
Heraldry Scroll: Add +10 Kill Markers to any Assault Mission where the scroll was displayed at least once in battle.

Noteworthy Talents
Cleanse and Purify: Targets of Marcus's flamer attacks take a -20 to the agility test to avoid being hit. Increase number of hits on a horde by 1d5.
Deathwatch Training: Automatically confirm righteous fury against xenos.
Double Team: Gain a +10 WS bonus when ganging up on a enemy in melee. Stacks for a total of +20 if both PCs have the talent.
Duty Unto Death: Marcus ignores the effects of injury, fatigue, and stunning during combat. Death affects him normally.
Exemplar of Honour: Marcus may spend a fate point to regain Cohesion equal to his Fellowship Bonus. He may do this once per round.
Fearless [Scars of Experience]: Marcus is immune to the effects of fear and pinning. Disengaging or otherwise backing down from a fight requires a successful willpower test.
Hatred (Tyranids): Gain a +10 to WS made against the target group
Hip Shooting: Marcus can make both a full move and a standard ranged attack in one turn.
Hunter of Aliens [Scars of Experience]: Gain a +10 to WS and +2 to melee damage when fighting Xenos.
Killing Strike: Marcus may spend a fate point when making an All-Out attack to ensure his attack cannot be dodged or parried by his opponent.
True Grit: Halve the result of critical damage, rounding up.

Special Abilities:
Death is Joy: Marcus adds +2 to Critical damage and increases horde magnitude damage by 1 with any successful attack.
Scars of Experience: Whilst in squad mode, Marcus may attempt to impart certain abilities onto the rest of the squad. Costs a point of cohesion and takes a full round. 
All those in support range gain the benefit of the talent until the end of combat.
Tactical Expertise: When initiating a Squad Mode Ability, Marcus may share the benefits of his Chapter's Squad Mode abilities with the rest of the team as if they were members of his own chapter.
Requires a +0 Command test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Marvolo

The dreaded orks are much feared on the open field of battle, but in the close confines of the kroozer their numbers count for nothing. An astartes can hold his ground as long as the ammo holds out. Even when bolters run dry, they are never unarmed. Marvolo syncs up his targeting systems on the lesser orks. Removing the distractions will also remove the support from the larger nobs and make them easy prey at the end. But the bolts go wide. Marvolo orders the machine spirit within to run diagnostics. Perhaps the emissions of the xenotech are interfering with his own systems.

Logis Implant Tech Use vs 101: 1d100 66
Semi Auto Burst vs 74: 1d100 76 Bluh :(

pre:
48	54	75	50	39	61	43	31	38

Wounds: 22/22
Fate:    3/3

Armour: 15 All
Regen 5

Parry 48  Dodge 39  

Bolter         100m  S/3/-  1d10+9  X  Pen  4  22/28  Full  Tearing
Bolt Pistol    100m  S/2/-  1d10+9  X  Pen  4  14/14  Full  Tearing
Flamer          20m  S/-/-  1d10+9  E  Pen  4   6/6    2F   Flame
Plasma Pistol   30m  S/2/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  8  12/12   3F   Volatile
Balefire Gun    20m  S/-/-  1d10+9  E  Pen  4   6/6    2F   Flame, Toxic
Power Axe     Melee  -----  1d10+22 E  Pen  7  -----  ----  Power Field, Unbalanced
Servo Arm     Melee  -----  2d10+14 I  Pen 10  -----  ----  

• Locked thread