Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I'm always sad to see baseball end, but seeing it end in what could be the best world series ever is about as good as we can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agreed there, a win's a win.

The only thing is that every pitcher will tell you "I'm alright" and they never want to leave the game; e.g. see Arrieta a couple hours ago when he let a man on. Managers need to have a reasonable leash, not in terms of "this pitcher can't do it" but more like "this pitcher needs to leave the game now so he's good to go tomorrow."

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Whatever happens tomorrow, this has been one hell of a ride and I'm sad it's going to end.

Wait 'til next year.... :getin:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Whatever happens tomorrow, this has been one hell of a ride and I'm sad it's going to end.

It's been great. Not sure I could handle another week or two of it though.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'll be right here for G7 in my laboratory of doom. Janitor has been warned of loud, foul language.

Also the only pitchers that can claim unavailable tomorrow are Arrieta and Lackey.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

I'll be right here for G7 in my laboratory of doom. Janitor has been warned of loud, foul language.

Also the only pitchers that can claim unavailable tomorrow are Arrieta and Lackey.

arrieta just said he was available and it was all hands on deck

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
Don't start Kluber again tomorrow you tryhard fucks.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

dick head dinosaur posted:

arrieta just said he was available and it was all hands on deck

I said can claim unavailable.

Lackey's unavailable because he sucks.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Parsifal posted:

Don't start Kluber again tomorrow you tryhard fucks.

Who else do the Indians have available, are you starting Miller instead? Your other options are Bauer on 2 days rest, Salazar on no rest after throwing 28 pitches or Miller (I guess?)

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Atomizer posted:

Agreed there, a win's a win.

The only thing is that every pitcher will tell you "I'm alright" and they never want to leave the game; e.g. see Arrieta a couple hours ago when he let a man on. Managers need to have a reasonable leash, not in terms of "this pitcher can't do it" but more like "this pitcher needs to leave the game now so he's good to go tomorrow."

Wait 'til next year.... :getin:

It's a WBC year so we get early baseball!

It's honestly weird, I'm so used to getting 3 weeks of baseball after the Cubs are done. My body is not ready.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CubsWoo posted:

Who else do the Indians have available, are you starting Miller instead? Your other options are Bauer on 2 days rest, Salazar on no rest after throwing 28 pitches or Miller (I guess?)

Kluber absolutely starts but my guess is given this is his second start in a row on short rest and the third look the Cubs are getting at him, Kluber is on a very short leash if he gets into trouble. If he is pulled early, it'll immediately go to Salazar for 2-3 IP, then Miller for another 3-4, and then Allen. Sprinkle in anybody else along this chain as the situation calls for it. Likewise Hendricks is going to be on a short leash if he starts getting into trouble, and if he's pulled early you'll probably see Lester and Lackey come in to throw 1-2 innings apiece, and Chapman in early if all else fails. This is game seven of the world series, pitchers can rest when it's over. This is all hands on deck time.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tomorrow's gonna be a weird loving game. I want it to be Cleveland, but my guess is Chicago with a decent lead by the 4th. Everyone forgets the Indians World Series run, and this goes back to being the most popular thing out of Cleveland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I love that we won today the same way we have all year.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Tomorrow's gonna be a weird loving game. I want it to be Cleveland, but my guess is Chicago with a decent lead by the 4th.

The 3 games that the Cubs had a possibility to clinch have gone thusly:

- Cubs come back from 2 down to tie in the 9th, lose in 13 to a walkoff double after 4 shutout Montgomery innings while the bats do nothing
- Cubs come back from 3 down to score 4 in the 9th and take the lead and Chapman closes it out
- Cubs style all over Best Pitcher In The World Clayton Kershaw and face the minimum in a 5-0 game that felt like it was 20-0

So probably like one of those, or maybe not

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just have a bad feeling that Kluber will self-destruct early and won't be pulled until he's given up at least 2-3 runs. Then the Indians chase the Cubs for the rest of the game but can't catch up.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just have a bad feeling that Kluber will self-destruct early and won't be pulled until he's given up at least 2-3 runs. Then the Indians chase the Cubs for the rest of the game but can't catch up.

I would be ok with this.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

CubsWoo posted:

The 3 games that the Cubs had a possibility to clinch have gone thusly:

- Cubs come back from 2 down to tie in the 9th, lose in 13 to a walkoff double after 4 shutout Montgomery innings while the bats do nothing
- Cubs come back from 3 down to score 4 in the 9th and take the lead and Chapman closes it out
- Cubs style all over Best Pitcher In The World Clayton Kershaw and face the minimum in a 5-0 game that felt like it was 20-0

So probably like one of those, or maybe not

It's probably going to go like this. -

Cubs will hit Kluber hard, and almost certainly win

Cubs will not hit Kluber at all, then almost certainly lose.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yep. :unsmith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this cubs team doesn't loving quit and they are going to win the world series kluber or no kluber

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

this cubs team doesn't loving quit and they are going to win the world series kluber or no kluber

This is a real miracle, I can't believe i'm quoting R.D. Mangles saying this.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Attention the 2 other Indians fans. It is alright if we blow it we still have an NBA title.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Tomorrow's gonna be a weird loving game. I want it to be Cleveland, but my guess is Chicago with a decent lead by the 4th. Everyone forgets the Indians World Series run, and this goes back to being the most popular thing out of Cleveland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Gotta lead with the original, my good man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

mkay0 posted:

It's probably going to go like this. -

Cubs will hit Kluber hard, and almost certainly win

Cubs will not hit Kluber at all, then almost certainly lose.

Whoa, easy there with the wild predictions. :stare:

E_P posted:

Attention the 2 other Indians fans. It is alright if we blow it we still have an NBA title.

And we have 6. :smugdog:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm still pretty excited the baseball gods blessed us with game 7.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Good job cubbies. Question though - since the cubs won two since McGibblets toxxed himself saying they wouldn't win another game does he get double banned? Or maybe triple banned for still posting in this thread and not buying everyone avatars

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Atomizer posted:

And we have 6. :smugdog:
I haven't been able to figure out why everyone says Chicago is cursed and this 100 year stuff. You guys just won a world series 11 years ago???

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Permad

Def

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E_P posted:

I haven't been able to figure out why everyone says Chicago is cursed and this 100 year stuff. You guys just won a world series 11 years ago???

:monocle:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Who are you and what have you done with Mangles

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, this has been one hell of a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Miz Kriss posted:

Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, this has been one hell of a season.

Not empty quoting.

Also one of the most exciting WS in general in my recent memory.

• Locked thread