Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

chin up guys alabama's gonna win a national title!

Bama's dominance is the CFB equivalent of a Trumpreich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Bama's dominance is the CFB equivalent of a Trumpreich

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pakled posted:

Have you ever asked yourself "what would an unironic highlight video for a holder look like?"
Well here it is
https://twitter.com/sonnyequipment/status/796927836015783936

Is this the holder that did the Pete Townsend knee slide to help Michigan kick that field goal with one second left against northwestern a couple years ago? Seems like that should have made the highlights.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wa27 posted:

Is this the holder that did the Pete Townsend knee slide to help Michigan kick that field goal with one second left against northwestern a couple years ago? Seems like that should have made the highlights.

I was curious about that myself and looked it up. Sadly that was a wide receiver, #9 Drew Dileo. Apparently didn't do much his senior year aside from that rad rear end slide.

A hell of a senior year highlight though, to be sure.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

I was curious about that myself and looked it up. Sadly that was a wide receiver, #9 Drew Dileo. Apparently didn't do much his senior year aside from that rad rear end slide.

A hell of a senior year highlight though, to be sure.

Dileo was awesome. He had some big catches in some big games, but never really consistent.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

Dileo was awesome. He had some big catches in some big games, but never really consistent.

He was a great fan favorite (read: tiny white guy)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Pretty much

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
I know the headline is click bait-y, but worth it.

http://deadspin.com/11-sports-gifs-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity-1788871012

Spoiler Alert: They are all Notre Dame turnovers.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

There were people picking them to win the Big Ten!

Has anyone ever gone from conference champ one year to winless in that conference the next before? Because Rutgers is the only thing standing in the way of them doing that.

The last (only other) time it happened in the Big 10 was Michigan in like 1936 or something. They'd had two national title level teams in a row and then everyone graduated or died of the Spanish Flu or whatever happened back then and they became hilariously terrible over night

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Tomorrow is Senior Day at Clemson, so graduating seniors (as well as graduating juniors like Watson, Gallman, Scott, and Williams) will get to run down the hill individually. They're also apparently wearing the orange britches this weekend too. I'm not a huge fan of the all-orange unis, but I'm glad they waited this late in the year to break them out for the first time.

And apparently, we wore all orange the last time we played Pitt. In the gator bowl, in 1977.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ole Miss pulling a super dumb move this week by yanking Shea Patterson's redshirt so late into an already completely wasted season.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU playing wooo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wa27 posted:

you monster

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat posted:

Ole Miss pulling a super dumb move this week by yanking Shea Patterson's redshirt so late into an already completely wasted season.

Freeze must be thinking that he'll still have 3 full seasons, and putting him in now will improve his performance next season.

Scarf posted:

Tomorrow is Senior Day at Clemson, so graduating seniors (as well as graduating juniors like Watson, Gallman, Scott, and Williams) will get to run down the hill individually. They're also apparently wearing the orange britches this weekend too. I'm not a huge fan of the all-orange unis, but I'm glad they waited this late in the year to break them out for the first time.

And apparently, we wore all orange the last time we played Pitt. In the gator bowl, in 1977.

I believe Florida has done this fairly recently, and I wasn't a fan.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Crotch Bat posted:

If he's as good as expected it won't matter anyways.

Also it's risky as gently caress but there's something to be said for getting momentum going into the end of the season and using that to bolster recruiting. It may blow up but I don't think it's inherently stupid.

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 12, 2016

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Crotch Bat posted:

If it gets them to upset a top 25 SEC team, I'm all for it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

If it gets them to upset a top 25 SEC team, I'm all for it

counterpoint: its ole miss

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm so glad basketball starts tonight, man.

lol so about that...

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Playoff football best football.

Two Georgia teams played to a 92-61 final in the first round of the state tournament.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm trying to decide if going to the Arizona game tomorrow will cheer me up or make me even sadder.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Rick posted:

I'm trying to decide if going to the Arizona game tomorrow will cheer me up or make me even sadder.

co-eds will make you happier

product on the field will make you sadder

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Noctone posted:

lol so about that...

We lost nearly at the buzzer to a Top 10 team in game one. Who cares?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Stunt Rock posted:

If he's as good as expected it won't matter anyways.

Also it's risky as gently caress but there's something to be said for getting momentum going into the end of the season and using that to bolster recruiting. It may blow up but I don't think it's inherently stupid.

I thought y'all bolstered recruiting with cash payments?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Suck it Auburn :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Thank you Pittsburgh

• Locked thread