Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ha. I'm winning and I didn't even vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alternative pants posted:

Ha. I'm winning and I didn't even vote.

All right there Trump.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Well poo poo.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Everyone's a winner baby!

So what's the next Rockstar theme?

- take a sad song and make it metal (Hey Jude)
- new wave more like incontinence wave am I rite
- only the best lovely pop
- I own a piano

Or my favorite, "songs that Mag7 will finally win with"

Edit: Oh poo poo I'm winning? I didn't see the voting results cuz I'm on the app. It was the call to vote for jesus and jobs. And Putin.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 29, 2016

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
You are not useless as a human being. At the very least you make good music and you write very funny thread OPs.

I didn't get a song done (although I did figure out how to record with midi!) because I decided to give everyone a handcrafted gift this year (so I didn't have much free time). I might put together a late entry though.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Rockstar is good. This Rockstar was good. I just think it was done at a time when most people are super busy. I know I've been flat out since the beginning of the month at least. Hell, today was the first day I really picked up my guitar. And so goes the problem of doing these things for holidays. I knew from the start there was no chance I'd be entering this one so I didn't bother to pretend I would only to disappoint. I'm sure a lot of people were the same.

Hopefully the next one gets more people in. I know I'll try if I have the time.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Rockstar is good. This Rockstar was good. I just think it was done at a time when most people are super busy. I know I've been flat out since the beginning of the month at least. Hell, today was the first day I really picked up my guitar. And so goes the problem of doing these things for holidays. I knew from the start there was no chance I'd be entering this one so I didn't bother to pretend I would only to disappoint. I'm sure a lot of people were the same.

Hopefully the next one gets more people in. I know I'll try if I have the time.

I had fun recording with my friend and maybe next time I'll have chased down the ground fault in my guitar so I can use my real amps instead of amplitube. I'm looking forward to rockstar in 2017.

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
After this round I had a thought.

What if instead of spamming GBS with every single lovely entry we have an internal vote that takes it down to the two best songs and the GBS is a head-to-head competition between the two top vote getters?

I liked the simplicity of just having two songs duke it out for supremacy. Easier for the GBStards to listen to just two songs rather than see a thick forest of links and just ignore it (like most currently do).

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Meh. Yes it's easier. But pssh.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Let me rephrase that;

I think GBS has become a trolled ADD playground and nothing will garner the high votes and attention we saw in the mid 2000s. I hate to say that, being a troll ADD myself.

That said, I'm not opposed to voting up the two best songs for any RS round prior to a final poll in GBS. Hey, anything is worth a try.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So what about OUTER SPACE for the next theme?

Either that or "my lovely ex" songs.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

magnificent7 posted:

Either that or "my lovely ex" songs.

I'm good with outer space. Let someone else win with space oddity though.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alternative pants posted:

I'm good with outer space. Let someone else win with space oddity though.
bitch

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Oh come on, that's just an "I win" button and you know it.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

magnificent7 posted:

I'm 100% onboard w/ this.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay I'll post the new thread in the next 5 hours. Or so.

Rules will be: ANY PLACE NOT ON EARTH, THAT IS REAL. So not heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804085

IT'S LIVE GO CONTRIBUTE.

• Locked thread