Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
If the Panthers didn't take a RB in the first they could have been starting off the second round with:

RB Joe Mixon
RB Davin Cook
OT Cam Robinson
CB Kevin King
CB Quincy Wilson

And if Mixon and Cook were gone, we could have picked a guy with our late 2nd rounder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

If the Panthers didn't take a RB in the first they could have been starting off the second round with:

RB Joe Mixon
RB Davin Cook
OT Cam Robinson
CB Kevin King
CB Quincy Wilson

And if Mixon and Cook were gone, we could have picked a guy with our late 2nd rounder.

They can probably still (and should honestly) draft Cam Robinson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Robinson is Oher 2.0. Solid run, iffy pass, way too many penalties. Dude flashes dominance but I can't remember that the last o-linemen that impressed without consistency. I'd rather have Lamp or Morton.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trading up in the 2nd two consecutive years to draft QBs that belong in the 4-5th seems like A+ plan Macc.

I'm gonna have to see them do this again before I believe it. It makes zero earthly sense.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 28, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Robinson is Oher 2.0. Solid run, iffy pass, way too many penalties. Dude flashes dominance but I can't remember that the last o-linemen that impressed without consistency. I'd rather have Lamp or Morton.

Well considering they were trotting out Oher 1.0, Oher 2.0 would be an upgrade.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oher 1.0 was ok for us but has a broken brain, Robinson at the worst can be a RT or a guard, and the Panthers aren't likely to be able to keep both the guards on the roster since both of them are loving amazing. I know it's a poo poo offensive line draft but I wouldn't have thrown my toys outta the pram if we took him at 8. I wouldn't care if we got him in the 2nd. Failing that they still need pass rush and defensive back could be a lot better. I liked the assessment of this DB class when it was said that its very deep, but not exactly elite at the top end. Now the big guns are off the board the panthers can get some good value and depth for safety and CB.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I would be okay with Oher 2.0. We need a RT, because we are rolling the dice on Matt Kahlil at LT. If Robinson develops maybe he moves over to LT in the future, but if not I am okay with drafting a solid run-blocking RT to plug into our heavy run offense.

I like Lamp as a better prospect but he is a guard, and Carolina has a very strong interior. Turner is a Pro Bowl RG and Norwell is fantastic too. Also I think Lamp will be gone before Carolina picks again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Having recently watched Baltimore draft a CB at the top end, I do not like that assessment. Especially since it seems true.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
The Bears bidding against themselves versus a new GM is interesting. I wonder if Lynch parlayed his inexperience and the recent S.F. management woes into a solid swindle, where Chicago were less diligent than normal.

Most sports have unwritten rules about targeting RFAs or being under-handed in trade negotiations. A recent example is a veteran GM in hockey (Holmgren in Philly) offer-sheeting Nashville's star for 14 years and $100+ million, and then (from what I've read) stepping down because many GMs froze him out of future trade discussions.

When I read "bid against themselves" I typically think of Texas paying A-Rod 25%~ more than the next highest reported offer due to desperation and/or flawed info. I don't recall off-hand an example of Team A outright lying to Team B about competing interest from Mystery Team C. Leak rumors through the media or exaggerations of tangible offers, sure, but could a GM get away with whole-cloth inventing an offer from Mystery Team?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/858081784524877824

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

John Lynch owns and it'll be funny when the NFL eventually employs spies because the stakes have become so high

Bill Belichick was way ahead of his time

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If your GM does engage in corporate espionage they're committing dereliction of duty.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I saw an article that said the Chiefs and Bills had this trade worked out a week ago

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Although it's a handshake deal I guess, the Giants probably didn't offer as much

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
*sweating profusely in tattered 2010 Okung jersey*

Come to daddy Forrest.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 28, 2017

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Although it's a handshake deal I guess, the Giants probably didn't offer as much

if that tweet was saying the Giants wanted to trade up for Maholmes, Schefter deleted it and also Giants beat writers are saying it's not true

https://twitter.com/JamesKratch/status/858089281809723393

The Giants interviewed Mahomes a few times before the draft and definitely seemed interested, but I highly doubt they were willing to do anything close to what the Chiefs did to get him.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
London Fletcher seems cool.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Perine and Biegel today please Ted.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey everybody, I know you're tired of this corporate sponsored circle jerk, but guess what? It's not even half done. Hurrah!

What would you like to find in the draft today?
That hidden gem WR short in height, high in grit? That explosive athlete on the d-line that has never seen a football field? The courage to pull the trigger and end whatever horrible compulsion keeps you tuned in? All that and more JAGs than you could shake a stick at are waiting for you in Day 3 of the NFL draft.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm looking at Corn Elder, I guess he is a CB which we need, always thought he was a D lineman because of his name, am I a racist?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Probably, but that's okay. No one seems to mind in Trump's America.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Give me your short, slow, weak, white wide receivers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Give me your smart unathletic but not that unathletic skill position guys from schools no one has heard of plz.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Texans have the worst gm in the world yet best bball Gm in the world where's my rookie contract unbroken leged Derek Carr bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BlindSite posted:

Give me your smart unathletic but not that unathletic skill position guys from schools no one has heard of plz.

Ryan Pace account spotted.

• Locked thread