Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Appreciate the offers, friends. I just powered through the last few bits after posting and I have my first Switch 70. I'll add it to the shamefully huge pile of PC 70s.

A few things I've noticed while playing compared to the PC version:
* The inventory system is weird but I'm slowly getting used to it. One unexpected plus is that I'll never have to do a stash organizing session after a session of GRs.
* I have given up on trying to pick out specific targets in a demon mosh pit and will have to adjust builds accordingly. I can't imagine trying to play an elite hunting Impale DH like this.
* Similarly, aiming ground AOEs or teleports is less "aiming" and more "throw it in that general direction". It got better with some practice, but I wouldn't want to play something that requires precisely placing any AoEs. I was leaning heavily on corpse explosion and fortunately the radius is high enough that "somewhere over there" was good enough most of the time.
* I'm going to miss the numberlock trick for auto casting. I don't suppose there's a feature like that on Switch, is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What’s this like on next gen? (Ps5/XSX)

I know there hasn’t been a specific next gen patch… but I am wondering if they look/run/load better? Any other perks?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 2, 2021

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Feenix posted:

I know there hasn’t been a specific next gen patch… but I am wondering if they look/run/load better? Any other perks?

It loads extremely fast on PS5 but otherwise it's pretty much the same as on PS4 pro (which was already very good)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Feenix posted:

Apparently character models on Xbox Series X are only 1080p, Blizzard needs to patch the game to enable 4K. On Series X, it plays about as well as it does on my PS4 Pro with SSD and my Xbox One X. Load times on the Switch are noticeably longer.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hay gunes - any PS4/5 players willing to help my wife and I get the goddamn 350 kills from a cursed chest Conquest? She plays a Crusader, I’m a Wizard (I put on my robe and wizard hat), and we’re level 1150 but I guess we suck because the highest we’ve gotten is like 280 kills.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

Hay gunes - any PS4/5 players willing to help my wife and I get the goddamn 350 kills from a cursed chest Conquest? She plays a Crusader, I’m a Wizard (I put on my robe and wizard hat), and we’re level 1150 but I guess we suck because the highest we’ve gotten is like 280 kills.

Iirc I did this in the spider cave. There's sometimes a chest that spawns loads of the tiny little spiders that die pretty much instantly.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Iirc I did this in the spider cave. There's sometimes a chest that spawns loads of the tiny little spiders that die pretty much instantly.

Ok thanks. We’ll try that. Did you do it solo??

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I don't check this thread enough or I would have helped you with that, DoctorZero. Hope you were able to get a third conquest and you've got the Dark Lordling following you around in Season 26.

Speaking of Season 26, it's pretty Diablo-y so far. I poopsocked it last night and am closing in on paragon 600 and GR 90. Haven't played Monk since S4 and I had a really slow start, but I'm getting the hang of Inna's Mystic Ally. I'm happy to power level anyone that wants to skip the grind to 70. Currently playing on PlayStation.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I finished the season journey on PlayStation but I’m still playing there quite a bit with friends; I decided I wanted the pet on Switch as well, so I rolled up a Demon Hunter and am clearing GR75 in about four minutes, so I’m able to play or power level there as well. Reach out via PMs or here in the thread if you’d like to play. I’ll go check in Discord as well, I have been lazy there.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Season 27 started in late August and it's pretty drat fun so far. The gimmick this season is that there's a new consumable, the Angelic Crucible, and you can apply this to any non-crafted legendary; this process re-rolls the item to have Primal Ancient stats and adds one of three class-specific powers, selected randomly. As an example, one of the Barbarian powers is Sanctified Whirlwind, which continually pulls all enemies within 25 yards while Whirlwind is active.

I can powerlevel on PlayStation and Switch, and in a few days on Xbox. There's a good number of folks active on the Diablo 3 Goons Discord server, come play with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
No gently caress Blizzard