Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
may all the bad teams win and the good teams lose, gently caress your teams and not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hey Bama we will let you win no problem so instead of taking the game seriously can we just figure out a way for both of us to mock Tennessee as much as possible?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Eltoasto posted:

Not only that, but Noah Brown has been completely forgotten by the offense. The dude that pretty much beat Oklahoma by catching TD's when covered can't even get a throw his way. Why not bomb it to him on that 3rd and long at the end of the game? Just really baffling.

I have the same thoughts on the Tim Beck/Ed Warriner playcalling that I did on the days of Everett Withers: Defensive playcaller. One of those two needs to go, and the successor needs to be given carte blanche to call games how they want. I'm so tired of watching McLaurin and Clark drop balls while Brown is blowing dudes up blocking and Samuel is a human highlight reel. At least we didn't get any stupid Dontre Wilson plays today.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

Hey Bama we will let you win no problem so instead of taking the game seriously can we just figure out a way for both of us to mock Tennessee as much as possible?

Let's have both bands play rocky top the whole time

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

anne frank fanfic posted:

may all the bad teams win and the good teams lose, gently caress your teams and not mine

agreed

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

I have the same thoughts on the Tim Beck/Ed Warriner playcalling that I did on the days of Everett Withers: Defensive playcaller. One of those two needs to go, and the successor needs to be given carte blanche to call games how they want. I'm so tired of watching McLaurin and Clark drop balls while Brown is blowing dudes up blocking and Samuel is a human highlight reel. At least we didn't get any stupid Dontre Wilson plays today.

Not just Noah. Where is KJ Hill and Benjimin Victor? Those guys have looked good in limited time. They could also open up the field in ways McLaurin and Clark can't.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Beck/Warriner are poo poo rear end garbage. I hope the weather is good for next weekend.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

kittenmittons posted:

Beck/Warriner are poo poo rear end garbage. I hope the weather is good for next weekend.

Seriously why is Urbz not running the offense at this point. It's embarrassing how bad the play calling is.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Hey Bama we will let you win no problem

You don't have to

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

milk milk lemonade posted:

Seriously why is Urbz not running the offense at this point. It's embarrassing how bad the play calling is.

He's never been a coordinator or playcaller

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Special teams are his baby, but yeah by and large he's never been the one calling plays. He's always left that to coordinators.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tennessee finally beats a Florida and has an inside track on winning the east and they still lose it.

How many more years of "next year is the year" does Butch get?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Sign Beaty to a five million year contract.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yooooooooo this catch by Lazard for Iowa State

DJExile fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 20, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Its amazing how few people seem to know this.

The closest he's been was WR coach at ND.

He built the offense with Mullen and Sanford, but he's not an offensive guy overall. It's spread-concept, ball-control offense.

He just happens to recruit generational talents to run it.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Abugadu posted:

Government law, people. 9-5, decent salary, less alcoholism.

That's where I went after the skyscraper. I work for an appellate court and it's awesome

But it's not really practicing law. It's like being in law school permanently. And there aren't very many law jobs like this.

On the other hand I worked here for 15 years befor I got back to my salary as a third year big firm associate

/law chat. Sorry for the derail

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Urban actually calling the plays has nothing to do with my point. He's had the same offense at every school he's coached at for over a decade - I'm sure he understands the nuances and he needs to get his current brain trust out of their own assholes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

big money big clit posted:

Tennessee finally beats a Florida and has an inside track on winning the east and they still lose it.

How many more years of "next year is the year" does Butch get?

One

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

milk milk lemonade posted:

Urban actually calling the plays has nothing to do with my point. He's had the same offense at every school he's coached at for over a decade - I'm sure he understands the nuances and he needs to get his current brain trust out of their own assholes.

Same framework but each of his OCs has worked pretty differently within it. Particularly Sanford-->Mullen.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He should have hired someone when Herman left instead of trying to cobble together 2 idiots.

Also lol Charlie Strong might have been Lane Kiffin'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Eltoasto posted:

He should have hired someone when Herman left instead of trying to cobble together 2 idiots.

Also lol Charlie Strong might have been Lane Kiffin'd

Lane Kiffin made it back to LA. They didn't even let Strong get on the plane out of Kansas, sounds like.

• Locked thread