Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

And that's why airlines don't serve real food anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

You can know where an electron is or what the deal is but not both at once. Jerry Heisenfeld discovered that.

FactsAreUseless

In order to determine whether something is, in fact, totally crazy, we need to repeat the experiment many times. That's why I keep texting my ex-girlfriend.

FactsAreUseless

Observation changes the thing observed? No wonder my vagina's been unchanged for decades, right ladies?

joke_explainer

In the history of comedy, you have great comedy theoreticians and great applied comedians. Hubble was hilarious, but refused to comment on the source of laughter, while Kepler was more of a behind-the-scenes, writing-for-McSweeneys kind of comedian who dove deeply into those theorems

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

you are underplaying the significance of this effect on culture, FAU

the hit television program f*r*i*e*n*d*s was a sobering docu-drama with subtle themes of the effects of war and politics on day to day life until they let the studio audience watch during filming

joke_explainer

Seinfield: "Yeah, and then you use transit photometry, correlating a decrease in the total output of the star to gain information about what sort of bodies might be orbiting it, but, get this: It could be false positives 40% of the time. Not to mention the false negatives: It only works if the planet transits the star relative to us!" *audience laughs*

Senior Management

By the time that you can communicate the location of the airline food, it has already moved. You will have a hard time giving exact coordinates.

:jerry:

google THIS

if your atom decays and kills more than three dogs, you simultaneously are and are not a redneck

joke_explainer

Beyond the event horizon of a black hole, no humor can escape. The mass making up the singularity itself though can slowly decay through a process called Hawking Radiation. This steady sine wave of electromagnetic radio signal is completely bereft of anything funny, the transmission most resembling NPR's 'The Takeaway' with John Hockenberry.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

FactsAreUseless posted:

In order to determine whether something is, in fact, totally crazy, we need to repeat the experiment many times. That's why I keep texting my ex-girlfriend.

So drunk texting is a quantum imperative. Please tell me more.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FactsAreUseless posted:

alnilam

You ever notice how fermions walk like this
*teleports across the stage in discrete intervals*
and bosons, they walk like this
*walks sideways leaving a trail of duplicates of himself, his voice doubling on itself in an increasing cascade of sound*

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

You ever notice how fermions walk like this
*teleports across the stage in discrete intervals*
and bosons, they walk like this
*walks sideways leaving a trail of duplicates of himself, his voice doubling on itself in an increasing cascade of sound*

FactsAreUseless

Haha, but seriously, folks, assuming a spherical boyfriend, am I right?

Manifisto

didja ever notice a magnetic monopole??

*audience cracks up*

[in extremely CERN voice]: no really did you notice one

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

you know what they say, men are from 2p, women are from 3s, and if you get close to them you've got to be pretty drat excited am i right fellas?

vanisher

But seriously folks, what's up with hot pockets anyway? I am pretty sure they have both a frozen center and a boiling hot one simultaneously until bitten into. Also, why do the ladies always want to share dessert but never want to order any if offered? It's like they both want and do not want to eat chocolate, paradoxical!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

alnilam

vanisher posted:

But seriously folks, what's up with hot pockets anyway? I am pretty sure they have both a frozen center and a boiling hot one simultaneously until bitten into.

*comedian advances to the last powerpoint slide*

so as you can see, with transient heating and cooling of a thermal mass it all comes down to the Biot number, and that's why hot pockets are always so drat hot and cold at the same time! *audience laughing like crazy, and also nodding knowingly at each other pleased that they learned something today*

alnilam fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 16, 2016

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can know where an electron is or what the deal is but not both at once. Jerry Heisenfeld discovered that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

google THIS posted:

if your atom decays and kills more than three dogs, you simultaneously are and are not a redneck

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Did you ever notice how we park on a parkway and drive on a driveway? If you'd have noticed at a different time, this joke would have been funny.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Men :rolleyes: am I right and/or wrong, ladies?

----------------

FactsAreUseless

Open mic night at the Apollo 13.

google THIS

quantum? dang near killed 'em until they were observed!

funmanguy

What time is it?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Open mic night at the Apollo 13.

"Houston, we have a PARTY!!!!!!"

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I hate quantum comedy. When I observe it, it changes. Wtf. How does inanimate comedy "know" its being observed????

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
my preferred method of vector addition is tip to tail if you know what i mean

Bert Roberge

social vegan

*showing friend around his garage*: there's my pick up truck, there are my truck nuts, and there's my sign

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

We need to know the speed of comedy in a vacuum, but the comedians keep dying and were ask out of grant money

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
so what's with the politically correct attitude these days? when I was growing up we used to say retarded relativity. it's not insensitive, it's correct!

sig by vanisher™®

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Once we detect the Hilarious Ether, all comedy will be solved

Urodov

by the principle of the Relativity of Hilarity, events which are hilarious in some reference frames are not hilarious in others

this is why various observers are unable to account for each other's laughter without calculating the Audienz Transformation

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Urodov

to the amusement of his contemporaries, Albert Einstein once received a prank call from himself by means of tachyonic antitelephone and proceeded to take revenge upon himself by carrying out that selfsame prank call

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Ace of Baes
Marc Maron going on a 19 minute self deprecating rant about Schroedingers Cat.

social vegan

i wasn't glad that you didn't say banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

*doesn't understand thread, types 58008 on calculator and excitedly waits*

• Locked thread