Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

King of False Promises posted:

Just received my check from the Bosch settlement: $350.

I AM READY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Just received my check, as well. Trying to decide how to best waste my windfall. Thanks, Bosch!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fishvilla posted:

Just received my check, as well. Trying to decide how to best waste my windfall. Thanks, Bosch!

Buy a switch and zelda!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fishvilla posted:

Once I get mine it should cover part of the cost of getting the bee hole in my ceiling fixed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
phrasing!!

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Are those checks going out to everybody, or just the people who've already traded in?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
have you received any emails about it? i have seen a few over the past few months

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I've gotten several emails as well, and a snail mail packet at the start, but no check yet.

Edit: realized I hadn't checked my mail in about a week, and it was in there. lol

bizwank fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 20, 2017

EgonSpengler
Jun 7, 2000
Forum Veteran
I've finished my return paperwork for the 2014 Golf Wagon, and set the turn-in appointment for the end of the month. It has just over 26000km on it, getting about $31k CDN for it.

The paperwork was a pain. They kept rejecting my scan of the original title transfer page, which I had, and was legible, but whatever document monkeys they had in charge of that kept refusing to read. Took 3 separate calls to resolve.

Won't be replacing it right away, in the summer we really only need a single car.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Can you use the $500 "Loyalty Card" towards the purchase price of a car or is it only accessories and parts stuff?

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Krime posted:

Can you use the $500 "Loyalty Card" towards the purchase price of a car or is it only accessories and parts stuff?

it's good for anything at the dealership, parts, service, cars, merch.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

It also has an expiration date so use that poo poo fast

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Krime posted:

I used mine when we bought the GTI, they treated it like a normal down payment

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Completed my buyback on Tuesday, I literally spent 10 minutes at the dealership. Thought they'd be scrutinizing things to lower the buyback price (my old neighbour can't park for poo poo and kept hitting the side of my car when opening her door so there were a lot of scuffs) but nope, check the odometer and VIN, went inside and signed a couple papers and walked out with a cheque. Replaced it with an Ioniq hybrid (I can't go back to poor fuel economy) going to miss the freight train, loved the low end torque and highway cruising

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
My roommate turned his in last month and reported that the VW lady kept pointing out dings in his car and tried to weasel him into accepting a lower payment, so YMMV

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Wow... nice surprise.

I've found a replacement and it's a bonus that it's at an Audi Dealer.

Happy that I can use it on the car.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TsarZiedonis posted:

My roommate turned his in last month and reported that the VW lady kept pointing out dings in his car and tried to weasel him into accepting a lower payment, so YMMV

Mine had a broken windshield, scratch down to the metal and dents on the roof, a dented fender, two broken fog lights, was on it's winter steelies, etc... And they didn't hassle me at all. I wonder if they're doing that because a lot of them are coming back in that kind of condition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Probably has something to do with the fact people were stripping seats and fenders because the contract doesn't specify condition. That dealer probably saw some poo poo.

• Locked thread