Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Have I got a scoop for you!

My co-worker started snickering when I asked about how tasty his Fiskbullar was and I did not like it one bit when he told me why!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

*click* Good afternoon, Mansplaining Hotline, my name is Thomas. How can I direct your call today?

I uh... my husband was telling me how, ah, how the vacuum cleaner works today.

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

It's just... yeah. You know?

Well, sweetie. Can I call you sweetie?

I'd prefer--

Sweetheart, listen. Listen. What you do is, you pour yourself a glass of something nice. What do you like? Wine? Red wine?

I - I'm sorry, I thought this was--

Mansplaining Hotline, hon, I'm trying to help you out here. Listen, get a glass of wine, put your feet up for a bit. Okay? Your husband, what's his name?

Um. Bill. It's uh--

Bill, right. Right. Hon, Bill's just trying to help out. You understand that, right?

I don't think--

I mean, listen, sweetie, your husband's at work all day, what's he do, he an engineer?

He's in sales, but I don't see how that--

Sales, awesome, great job, my dad was in sales. Great job. And you stay home, right? How many kids?

I'm a dentist, you little--

Haha, that's great hon, that's fantastic. Hey, listen, babe? Babe, I've gotta go, I'm getting a text from this ka-razy chick named Megan, you would not believe what - but hey, you're a married gal, you've been around, right?

What?

Anyway, thanks for calling the Mansplaining Hotline. Glad I could help. You stay chill, sugar tits. I'm audi 5000.

*click*

bradzilla

FactsAreUseless posted:

*click* Good afternoon, Mansplaining Hotline, my name is Thomas. How can I direct your call today?

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Sweetheart, listen. Listen. What you do is, you pour yourself a glass of something nice. What do you like? Wine? Red wine?

Mansplaining Hotline, hon, I'm trying to help you out here. Listen, get a glass of wine, put your feet up for a bit. Okay? Your husband, what's his name?

Um. Bill. It's uh--

Bill, right. Right. Hon, Bill's just trying to help out. You understand that, right?

I don't think--

I mean, listen, sweetie, your husband's at work all day, what's he do, he an engineer?

Sales, awesome, great job, my dad was in sales. Great job. And you stay home, right? How many kids?

Haha, that's great hon, that's fantastic. Hey, listen, babe? Babe, I've gotta go, I'm getting a text from this ka-razy chick named Megan, you would not believe what - but hey, you're a married gal, you've been around, right?

What?

Anyway, thanks for calling the Mansplaining Hotline. Glad I could help. You stay chill, sugar tits. I'm audi 5000.

*click*

Manifisto

got a lengthy spiel about the us electoral college and all I could think to say was, "sir, this is the ikea food court"

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Um. Bill. It's uh--

I don't think--

What?

*click*

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Um. Bill. It's uh--

I don't think--

What?

*click*

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i've read it half a dozen times now and it makes me laugh every time

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FactsAreUseless

*click* Good afternoon, Mansplaining - sir. Sir, I've told you several times already. Mansplaining. This is not Men's Planes, The Planes For Men. We cannot help you. I'm sorry. If you want to ride in a plane by men, for men, a fully curated mansperience in the skies, you want Men's Planes.

google THIS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Um. Bill. It's uh--

I don't think--

What?

*click*

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Mansplaining quarterly, the premier trade publication for mainsplain call centers had a great tip this issue on using a lil voice modulator to pretend youre a lady so you can mansplain with impunity

its more for recreational mansplaining and not super helpful for work but a job like this is one you don't really mind takin home withyou

FactsAreUseless

A man with serious wax burns has called ten times in the last hour. Common mistake, but come on. Read a little.

Matoi Ryuko

Whoops, sorry, meant to call the manspreading hotline. *click*

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Um. Bill. It's uh--

I don't think--

What?

*click*

bean mom

i have this can of something, can you help me find out what it is? there's no label anywhere and no markings

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Schrecken

Child of Woe
I was very disappointed when I called the manslamming hotline. The rude woman on the other end had absolutely no information on proper techniques to injure a male with body slam and other throw maneuvers.

ScrubLeague

Zyla posted:

i have this can of something, can you help me find out what it is? there's no label anywhere and no markings

Wow I can't believe you took the label off the can, that's how you know what's in there! Ok let's try a different approach: where'd you find it?

----------------

ScrubLeague

Alright look we're not getting anywhere with this, why don't you just open the thing up and you can store the contents in one of your Tupperwares or something. And next time just remember don't take the labels off your cans. That's just like... basic stuff.

----------------

Manifisto

Zyla posted:

I'm sorry sir, this is 800-626-7752. I believe you meant to dial 800-226-7752. it's a common mistake, don't worry about it.

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

I'm sorry sir, this is 800-626-7752. I believe you meant to dial 800-226-7752. it's a common mistake, don't worry about it.

bean mom

Manifisto posted:

----------------

Lawrence Gilchrist

Is this the manspraining hotline? I sprained my ankle and I need a cover story asap

eonwe

Lady: I'm calling in to report an egregious violation of manspreading

Hotline: Well ACTUALLY this is a mansplaining hotline. :smug:

eonwe

After a day of meticulously grooming himself he realized she hadn't complained about manscaping

eonwe

You want to know what the mansplaining hotline is all about? Check out our manifesto. Do you need help navigating to the right person when calling in? Please brose our manual

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

eonwe posted:

Lady: I'm calling in to report an egregious violation of manspreading

Hotline: Well ACTUALLY this is a mansplaining hotline. :smug:

lol

Machai

Every time I call they cant help me. I don't think they know what they are doing, they are just reading off of a manuscript.

Manifisto

Machai posted:

Every time I call they cant help me. I don't think they know what they are doing, they are just reading off of a manuscript.

Magres
i thought the thread and article said 'mansplaining hottie' and something about a swedish mansplaining hottie and i was just imagining a hot swedish guy being condescending

Ace of Baes
Old Timey Frontiersman: The names manse, manse plaining, and I can take you to an unclaimed little oasis that's the best kept secret this side of the Mississippi.

Cowgirl: Sounds too good to be true old man, what's the catch?

Old Timey Frontiersman: The treasure is vast, wealth beyond your imagination, piles of doubloons as big as a barn, but the ancient ruins aren't as they seem, a dark secret has been lurking in the shadows since before man rode horses or built cities.

Cowgirl: Wait what, I thought you said it was an oasis, what are you even-

Old Timey Frontiersman: You must travel into the hollow forrest, and seek out the wise old witch, she will show you to the caverns of G'thoth, but be wary, many travelers have descended into the labyrinth, never to be seen again, some say the cave itself is a kind of door to the underworld, and that the devil himself uses it when he wishes to visit the earth.

Cowgirl: That sounds terrible, I'm just gonna invest in railroad bonds and be frugal with my spending.

Old Timey Frontiersman: Actually, railroad bonds are a poor investment, you should diversify your portfolio and invest in precious metals and cattle, in fact, here, do you have a pen and paper? I can write it out for you so you don't get confused. First things first, how many slaves do you own?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mm-hmm.

And he's never vacuumed.

Ah, I see.

I'd prefer--

Um. Bill. It's uh--

I don't think--

What?

*click*

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
I called the mansplosion hotline and was asssaulted with cliché ideas of manliness

google THIS

Magres posted:

i thought the thread and article said 'mansplaining hottie' and something about a swedish mansplaining hottie and i was just imagining a hot swedish guy being condescending

now iffen yer gonta putinde ikkya furnishur togedder ye gonta hefta lurnde yoozda toors. hummer, yep. scooderber, yep. bork bork bork

Senior Management

How dare my man professor mansplain all these physics things to me! This was a cooking course.

:jerry:

bradzilla

Operator: This is Big Boner Bob, how can I help you today?

Caller: Um, excuse me? Could you rep--

Operator: Yeah that's right, I'm Big Boner Bob, with the answer to all your problems!

Caller: I need your operator id right now!!

Operator: Sure baby, it's 42069

Caller: 42069? Seri--

Operator: Wanna smoke some 420 and 69? :grin:

*click*

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hi, welcome to mansplain. Boner. That is all.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Robot Made of Meat

OK Toots, here's the deal. We have this Automated Attendant thing on our phone system, but don't push any buttons yet. You see, sometimes when the situation here changes, our menu options have to reflect that, so keep those mitts of yours off the phone until I'm done telling you about which button does what or else you're just going to cause more problems than you have already.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2016

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

OK Toots, here's the deal. We have this Automated Attendant thing on our phone system, but don't push any buttons yet. You see, sometimes when the situation here changes, our menu options have to reflect that, so keep those mitts of yours off the phone until I'm done telling you about which button does what or else you're just going to cause more problems than you have already.

Listen toots, you've already caused too many problems by dialing the Mansplain hotline as it is. Let the bread-winner do the dialing. Speaking of bread, go ahead and make yourself useful by making me a toots sandwich, hold the bread.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

I always give out the mansplaining hotline number when people ask for my number.

:jerry:

• Locked thread