Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Hello, and welcome to the Universe of Tomorrow Expo! It's been calculated that you could live for five hundred years, and still not see all the Expo has to show you! That's where I come in! I'm the N-Sider, your friendly and convenient virtual tour guide, and I'm here to direct you to the absolute highlights that we have to offer.

Right now you're standing in the Worlds Plaza, brought to you by the Weyland Consortium! As I'm sure you can see, the plaza depicts Earth, the Moon, and Mars, the three worlds that, thanks to the visionary leadership of founder Jack Weyland*, humanity inhabits. But did you know that the plaza is large enough to contain almost one percent of their combined population**? On display you can find out more about Weyland's many ventures, ranging from construction--including the entirety of the Expo's structures--to banking, to private security, to my personal favorite, space exploration! It's quite the variety, but I can guarantee that it's all out of this world!

*We are legally obligated to mention that Jack Weyland is no longer personally affiliated with Weyland Consortium
**Actually fitting all of those people into this space would be a gross violation of California fire codes, and should not be attempted

But maybe you prefer something closer to home! Well, you can't get much closer to home than your own DNA! At Jinteki's Genetics Pavilion, you can see all the latest advances in pushing the human genome to its limit! Ever wanted to be stronger? Faster? Smarter? Maybe you want to give feathers a try, instead of hair! All of these--and much much more--have become easily possible through the magic of gene therapy! If you feel that's a bit much, you can instead tour the latest in Jinteki's many lines of clones! Ranging from the strong, hardworking Henrys to the ace drivers of the Tenma line, or even Caprice Nisei, the first clone officer of the NAPD, Jinteki's clone laborers are making life easier for people everywhere*!

*The Jinteki corporation would like to take this opportunity to remind you that clones are not people.

Not everyone agrees that genetic modification is the path forward for mankind. For an alternative take, you can visit the Cybernetics Court, sponsored by Haas-Bioroid! Haas-Bioroid--or HB, as they are colloquially known, is on the cutting edge of mechanical engineering, and nowhere is that more obvious than here. Besides producing a truly astounding array of cybernetic enhancements (an invaluable aid for our brave veterans of the Martian rebellion), HB are also the creators of--you know it--the bioroid! Once thought completely impossible, HB's revolutionary* brain-taping technology has made AI a reality. Imagine, a world where every single human can live a life of leisure, waited on by bioroids**! It could be closer than you think!

*And proprietary
**Haas-Bioroid would like to take this opportunity to remind you that all bioroids are three-laws compliant, and incapable of harming a human being

But maybe this is all a bit much for you. Maybe you want to kick back and relax with something familiar. Might I suggest a nice warm cup of YucaBean? Head over to NBN's Franchise City, to see displays by over 20,000 of the brands you know and love*! While Weyland built the Expo on the ground, we have NBN to thank for its virtual and media presence--via the Sync network, you can enjoy unparalleled connection speeds on the Expo grounds, so you can share as many of your experiences here as you want with your friends back home! Or maybe you want to take in some of the Expo's sights from the comfort of your hotel room? Just tune to any of channels 432--479 for live broadcasts, or stream any single display in the fair directly to your PAD from the official Universe of Tomorrow website!

*We are legally obliged by the state of California to state that these brands are owned in total by 86 distinct corporations
**NBN reserves the rights to the images of all Expo attendees, as per clause 34. a. iii. of the ticket purchase agreement

The possibilities are endless in the Universe of Tomorrow! And rest assured, despite concerns that have been raised due to recent rumors, the Expo's security measures are entirely foolprrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR--

"See? I told you it'd be easy. They never expect you to go after the ICE itself. Oh, hey there! Looks like you just got the full spiel, huh? Well, it's all a steaming pile of bullshit. Especially that last bit, but you probably already knew that one. Just so you know, this isn't just a big show. All of the corporations--*all* of them--have an agenda here beyond tacky marketing. And wherever a hidden agenda can be found, well, we'll be there too. But what do you care? Go on, go get the YucaBean. You look like you need to relax. See you around--NBN certainly will."

-oof! So enjoy your stay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Welcome to Netrunner Mafia, a closed setup game for 21 people, because I can't limit my ambition even though this is my first hosted game. The roles will be pretty familiar to all of you--nothing too outlandish. However, in addition to their roles, a number of players will be holding on to important corporate secrets! Hold on to these, because who knows what could happen if they fall into the wrong* hands? (I do not have any guarantees for balance :v:)

*Subject to interpretation

All the standard mafia rules apply.

Also Podima's Anti-Lurking Rule™
Anti-Lurking Rule v3.0:
If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game.
If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts on any subsequent game day, you will be FREELY LYNCHABLE the next day. (Your lynch will not end the day!)
The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline (or based on mod judgment), and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.

Also, thanks to Kashuno for helping me with this setup, but that was a couple months short of a year ago, so I doubt he remembers!

Players:

1. Mr. F!
2. Somberbrero
3. Jonathan Fisk
4. Tobbs Gnawed
5. berenzen
6. Circlmastr
7. ZorajitZorajit
8. got some chores tonight
9. Quidthulhu
10. Poison Mushroom
11. Pinterest Mom

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 20, 2016

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

This is a sign up

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
jacking in. see you chummers on the grid.

i've been considering how to run a netrunner mafia for a while, i'm excited someone else started it!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Am I allowed to play

Nvm the more I think about it the more I remember about this game and I don't want to ruin the stuff

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sure

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I will play!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Jacking in. I'll be at the wireless net pavilion, running reversals on all these data leaks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jacking in. I'll be at The Root shaving a cut of the beanstalk royalties.

Hey, it worked in Superman 2.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Jacking in and streaming live to Net Mercur.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well, we're a third of the way there, but with how things are going, I don't know if we're going to fill up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, we're a third of the way there, but with how things are going, I don't know if we're going to fill up.

Mine is a bit stalled too but I figure I'll keep it open for a week, re-post in the mafia discussion thread midway and see who bites

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would be down for this but I'm already signed up for tobbs game and that would be way too many games at once

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
join

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im joining all these games under the assumption none of them fill i will be in trouble if they start filling

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sounds fun, put me in!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi come play the mafia.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Install Desperado. Play Inside Job, run on HQ.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Keep spamming thread and it'll fill

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

For some reason I thought this was a nethack game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm going to lock the thread for a bit; between the other games going on and the (American) holiday coming up, it works better for me to wait a week before moving onwards. Thanks for the interest so far, everyone!

• Locked thread