Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I said it was inefficient. I don't know everything about Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, but if it's one of the old Soviet "model cities" that the Russian government has to subsidize, they may have never been able to replace the system.

Yeah I figured. No worries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Knowing Trump? The lowest bidder, who then won't be paid anyway.

well someones gotta test the drat things

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm wondering which architect ends up designing the wall

reminder that the AIA rolled over and showed its belly and peed a little for president trump

quote:

The AIA and its 89,000 members are committed to working with President-elect Trump to address the issues our country faces, particularly strengthening the nation’s aging infrastructure. During the campaign, President-elect Trump called for committing at least $500 billion to infrastructure spending over five years. We stand ready to work with him and with the incoming 115th Congress to ensure that investments in schools, hospitals and other public infrastructure continue to be a major priority.

We also congratulate members of the new 115th Congress on their election. We urge both the incoming Trump Administration and the new Congress to work toward enhancing the design and construction sector’s role as a major catalyst for job creation throughout the American economy.

This has been a hard-fought, contentious election process. It is now time for all of us to work together to advance policies that help our country move forward.

lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

whoa, a 98% white organization likes trumop??????????

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
well they kinda did a 180 there since they denounced him and his wall p hard before the election

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Makes me sad that Neil Gaiman is married to Amanda loving Palmer.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Makes me sad that Neil Gaiman is married to Amanda loving Palmer.

lol okay

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Neil Gaiman is good. Amanda Palmer is bad.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Or at least he was. Hasn't kept up with him. Amanda Palmer was never good.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Or at least he was. Hasn't kept up with him. Amanda Palmer was never good.

:agreed:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

of all the places in the world they went to australia?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Prav posted:

of all the places in the world they went to australia?

wait till they find out we keep our refugees on a torture island and severely mistreat the aboriginal populace :getin:

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

A lot of millennials seem to like art depicting things they liked as a kid, or depicting new things that are heavily inspired by things they liked as kids. Jewelry, paintings, clothing, etc. with cartoon and video game themes. This is a sure selling point these days.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shadowvine118 posted:

A lot of millennials seem to like art depicting things they liked as a kid, or depicting new things that are heavily inspired by things they liked as kids. Jewelry, paintings, clothing, etc. with cartoon and video game themes. This is a sure selling point these days.

ya millennials hosed poo poo up when they invented the concept of nolstalgia

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

ya millennials hosed poo poo up when they invented the concept of nolstalgia

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hmm

he kind of sounds like a piano-y chet baker. i like it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

hmm

he kind of sounds like a piano-y chet baker. i like it

HA caught red handed pulling silly pics from my junk email folder instead of well idk werking?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

HA caught red handed pulling silly pics from my junk email folder instead of well idk werking?

if u arent stealing time from yer employer, espescially at the holidays, i dunno what to tell you

i was thinking about kara walker's fortunes the other day, wondering how she would do in this new climate but apparently im not the only one (apologies in advance for linking an article from a magazine for the True Oppressors)

http://www.wmagazine.com/gallery/in-the-trump-era-kara-walkers-slavery-art-rises-again/all

u might remember kara walker as the lady who did all those cameo-style cutouts of antebellum psychosexuality

:nws:-ish

shes also done some other stuff including this piece i never had a chance to see but still think is really cool called "A Subtlety" lol

http://creativetime.org/projects/karawalker/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

shadowvine118 posted:

that's just postmodernism, and it's been around for like 40 years

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Al! posted:

shes also done some other stuff including this piece i never had a chance to see but still think is really cool called "A Subtlety" lol

http://creativetime.org/projects/karawalker/

creative time are loving awesome. I went to their c-spammiest performance in October called doomocracy: http://creativetime.org/projects/doomocracy/

there were a dozen little vignettes about horrible political poo poo. One involved picking from three doors: Hillary, trump, and other. You walked through the door of your choice and were given a big rubber mask (picking other gave you a trump mask btw) you then tried to get a big floppy earth ball into your team's goal

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

figure i'm not playing any more into the rebel-as-cool machine, but its never not been subversive to talk about poverty and oppression

also, bringing up every trump reference before we get into the term

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzkm4STdoA

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Art is restricted mainly to indie video games and increasingly high concept remixes of Smash Mouth. The message of art today is that everything is fake, everyone knows it but nobody has anything to say about it.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!
JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!JEB!

Same

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

can u guys feel it? art has been soo good lately

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the new katy perry song is about trump's america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gsGhdZDC-0

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i saw this cringy rock against bush thing prior to the election, they're now doing a new anti-trump song for 1,000 days lol http://www.30days30songs.com/

i came across #8 randomly thru apple music & liked it :frogbon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5h2wp0dj4

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

exmarx posted:

i saw this cringy rock against bush thing prior to the election, they're now doing a new anti-trump song for 1,000 days lol http://www.30days30songs.com/

i came across #8 randomly thru apple music & liked it :frogbon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5h2wp0dj4

matt berninger is :love:

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
#resist https://archive.org/details/KmartAugust1992Generic

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://soundcloud.com/amnesia-scanner/as-truth-mixtape

tracklist:

AS POWERLESS
AS LAMENTO
AS TRUTH
AS BRIETH
AS DRUGS ON WAR
AS WEEP
AS SANE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
So I took the second verse of "Howl" by Allen Ginsberg and replaced "Moloch" with "Trump" and this is what happened:

quote:

What sphinx of cement and aluminum bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?
Trump! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!
Trump! Trump! Nightmare of Trump! Trump the loveless! Mental Trump! Trump the heavy judger of men!
Trump the incomprehensible prison! Trump the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Trump whose buildings are judgment! Trump the vast stone of war! Trump the stunned governments!
Trump whose mind is pure machinery! Trump whose blood is running money! Trump whose fingers are ten armies! Trump whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Trump whose ear is a smoking tomb!
Trump whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Trump whose skyscrapers stand in the long streets like endless Jehovahs! Trump whose factories dream and croak in the fog! Trump whose smoke-stacks and antennae crown the cities!
Trump whose love is endless oil and stone! Trump whose soul is electricity and banks! Trump whose poverty is the specter of genius! Trump whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen! Trump whose name is the Mind!
Trump in whom I sit lonely! Trump in whom I dream Angels! Crazy in Trump! Cocksucker in Trump! Lacklove and manless in Trump!
Trump who entered my soul early! Trump in whom I am a consciousness without a body! Trump who frightened me out of my natural ecstasy! Trump whom I abandon! Wake up in Trump! Light streaming out of the sky!
Trump! Trump! Robot apartments! invisible suburbs! skeleton treasuries! blind capitals! demonic industries! spectral nations! invincible madhouses! granite cocks! monstrous bombs!
They broke their backs lifting Trump to Heaven! Pavements, trees, radios, tons! lifting the city to Heaven which exists and is everywhere about us!
Visions! omens! hallucinations! miracles! ecstasies! gone down the American river!
Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions! the whole boatload of sensitive bullshit!

twoday has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Feb 15, 2017

• Locked thread