Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Rockopolis posted:

Isn't the CF justification "You're a giant fuckup, why do you still get to be a god? I can't let your incompetence contaminate the Wheel, you're fired."

That's a possible one. Also that 'a change might be necessary'. There are several dialogue options about the matter.

Oh, and you can't use Death's Hand to bind the Dragon. It has to be a living party member. If you've romanced Silk Fox or Dawn Star enough to potentially shift their alignments, they'll support you with both Death's Hand and this.

Trivia: The Water Dragon is a Red Minister model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bloodly posted:

That's a possible one. Also that 'a change might be necessary'. There are several dialogue options about the matter.
I feel like arguing OP vs. CF in this game is about as futile as arguing D&D alignments, perhaps more so due to how wildly inconsistent the game is in its actual representations of those philosophies. We could probably make arguments for both sides to be either philosophy. Both leave room for "evil" as presented.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

sebzilla posted:

I guess if you're a weird Utilitarian robot then yeah but it sure seems like he's hosed up a lot of good people along the way. Not sure that's a particularly Open Palm thing to do but then we're coming back to the problems with the philosophies as described vs. as implemented in the game.

"Do you pretend to have insight into my character, some great truth from beyond the pale that will reform me? I am no villain. There is no malice in my actions. I had no choice. My brother had no restraint. A world under his heel would be chaotic and violent. I will bring order. I will ensure that everyone is safe within their roles."

That's the very definition of Open Palm taken too far that Smiling Mountain gives at the start. It's nice that someone at Bioware was actually paying attention to the dichotomy they introduced at the start.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

ajkalan posted:

. I guess that's mid-2000s indie RPGs for you.
If Bioware makes "indie" RPGs, then who the hell makes AAA ones?

I'm reasonably sure that Li has his own focus bar. I remember making him exhaust his while mine remained intact by playing ring around the rosie with one of the big pillars (you can get him to run into the pillar instead of trying to go around with the correct positioning). He kept bursting out focus, to no avail.

Of course, the best way to chump Li is with Mirabelle, but that's unreasonably hard.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He does have a focus bar. That's what he uses to time-slow you, just as you(may) have been doing to everyone else. If you hit Focus during it, it breaks it. That what his talk about 'focus' is all about. A 'balanced' character on normal difficulty, will be able to stop most of it, but he'll still probably have some for one good flurry.

Even using all your focus on Mirabelle, he'll have about half his health left, if I recall.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
You just reminded me, I was reviewing the last series of updates and going "I don't recall this boss being such a big deal. I don't remember having any difficulty with this area. It barely even registered. Why can't I recall?"

I had a fully maxed out Mirabelle that never left my side except for enemies not weak to weapon styles. Completely chumped the game with that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Bloodly posted:

He does have a focus bar. That's what he uses to time-slow you, just as you(may) have been doing to everyone else. If you hit Focus during it, it breaks it. That what his talk about 'focus' is all about.
I know. I'm saying that DM is probably wrong when he says that Li's use of "focus" simply the depletes the players focus bar.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Xander77 posted:

I know. I'm saying that DM is probably wrong when he says that Li's use of "focus" simply the depletes the players focus bar.
You lose a 15-20% chunk of your focus every time you get slowed down, although it might be that breaking out of that is what actually depletes the focus. It's a bit hard to tell from the recording.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Doc Morbid posted:

although it might be that breaking out of that is what actually depletes the focus. It's a bit hard to tell from the recording.
Yeah. That's why I offered the anecdotal evidence of getting Li to waste his entire focus bar on the other side of a pillar, which does not effect the protagonist's focus.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Ah, sorry, I failed at reading. Yeah, that makes sense and I edited the update to reflect that.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
Been following this for a while, but nothing ever occurred to me that others hadn't already said. Regardless, this was extremely well-done and entertaining, just wanted to throw out that I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

New LP is live:

As for this one, I'll fix any mistakes I might've left in the updates and then send it to be archived. :toot:

• Locked thread