Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanisher

Hey friendos. I'm looking to play some board games with the fam during our upcoming holiday(s) but I'm looking for obscure titles. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it. I found these, If anyone's played them I'd appreciate tips and tricks.

Haunted Castle: Roll two dice to maneuver your ghost through the game boards many corridors and rooms but beware the lights! Rearrange furniture and haunt as many Draculas as you can before the hourglass loses all it's sand.

Horse Jockey: This pick and throw card game combines the love of short anorexic men with the fun of winning it all at the races. HA, got you mom I threw down a box of donuts card your jockey is now five pounds heavier! Ah, suzy i counter with my laxative card! 10 turns and jockeys are weighed to determine who will weigh their horse down less and win the big cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Cash and guns is the most fun you can have putting a (fake) bullet into your mother's face for (fake) riches

social vegan

My favourite board game of all time is a Japanese one called Magical Athlete, it's stupid simple so everyone can play and is great with 4+, but has become deceptively hard to find at least round these parts :smith:

social vegan

social vegan posted:

My favourite board game of all time is a Japanese one called Magical Athlete, it's stupid simple so everyone can play and is great with 4+, but has become deceptively hard to find at least round these parts :smith:

you play as different stereotypical JRPG classes at a track meet and you're just trying to run a lap by rolling dice and moving that many spaces but everyone has a single ability that helps themself or hinders others and a lot of them are just in the name of chaos :twisted:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I always recommend codenames to large groups. In codenames you have two teams, a red and a blue. Each team is split into two parts: the spymaster (1 person) and the spies (everyone else) in the middle of the table is a 5x5 grid of cards with random words on them, simple words like fence, cactus, plane, France, etc. The spymasters have a reference card that tells them which spots on the grid correspond to their team color, and it is the job of the spymaster to provide a 1 word clue that could be referring to as many words on the grid for their team while avoiding words belonging to the other team. The spies guess which words the 1 word clue refers to, and the first team to get all of their words guessed wins. My explanation is bad and doesnt cover all the mechanics, but it is a pretty fun word based game that usually lasts about 10-15 minutes per round. It is NOT recommended if there are players who do not have English as their primary language, but results may vary

vanisher

Codenames is great but sometimes mom is the spymaster and she doesn't get the hip new card expansion with words like Beyonce

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

social vegan posted:

you play as different stereotypical JRPG classes at a track meet and you're just trying to run a lap by rolling dice and moving that many spaces but everyone has a single ability that helps themself or hinders others and a lot of them are just in the name of chaos :twisted:

We banned anyone from playing the summoner because of the horse trick.

social vegan

vanisher posted:

We banned anyone from playing the summoner because of the horse trick.

:vince:

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
OP, get Monopoly and a bag of plastic soldiers (green and tan mix). I know you can figure out how to combine the two for family funtime greatness from there.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Kthulhu5000 posted:

OP, get Monopoly and a bag of plastic soldiers (green and tan mix). I know you can figure out how to combine the two for family funtime greatness from there.

Burn the monopoly set and use the fire to melt the casualties in your plastic man war?

vanisher

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Good tip, like a quartering aspect. Quartered properties make no money or something.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Waiting for Godot the Board Game. There is one space and all player tokens begin in that space. If Godot arrives before the players perish from ennui, everyone wins!

joke_explainer

your family should try out Twilight Imperium

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
bone hoard: the biggest pile of bones marks the victor! scour the lands for the most and biggest bones w/ ur friends and family. who can hoard the most bones?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
one fun game i was recently introduced to at a party is "binge king". what you do is basically get a lot of alcohol, and the goal is to consume said alcohol. as it's not a competitive board game it also works wonders for team building and such

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

social vegan

board game ideas

- eat on the monopoly board and tell everyone ur the king of wall street
- let it rip ur beyblade on the fully set mouse trap board
- eat checkers?

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
bored game where you roll the dice to see if you get to roll the dice to see if it's your turn to roll the dice

vanisher

Ahundredbux posted:

bored game where you roll the dice to see if you get to roll the dice to see if it's your turn to roll the dice

this sounds like mahjong

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i've got an awesome game that's a combination of fictional games from television sitcoms, i call it Presidents of the Cones of Dunshiremerica, Gail Force Winds Edition

there are eight hundred pieces, more when someone activates the Blender of Misfortune !!!

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
what about go fish with beer now that sounds like fun

sig by vanisher™®

social vegan

myDad posted:

what about go fish with beer now that sounds like fun

ok but i don't think im gonna catch anything nvm just caught my deadbeat uncle

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

campaign for North Africa with an added layer of worker placement on top of logistics.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a boardgame where you make a move after you beat another boardgame. that's right. every roll of the dice is made by completing a boardgame entirely different.

----------------

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

a japanese boardgame that somehow alters your voice whn you are playing it

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

zaepg

by sebmojo
Cranium is really fun if you got creative friends. Good luck OP ;)

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

More like Bored game, am I right?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
All board games can (and should) be turned into drinking games

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

MrWillsauce

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

More like Bored game, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

zaepg posted:

Cranium is really fun if you got creative friends. Good luck OP ;)

thanks god bless u

• Locked thread