Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

XPembedded and the embedded sygate firewall is retarded

let my packets go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Beamed posted:

today i found out that if you cancel the windows 10 upgrade tool installation process when it was done downloading then it would download it all again. i am reasonably confident that it did not delete the old files.

okay that's my story thanks for reading please click"like" and subscribe! it really helps me out a lot

and if you press F10 or some poo poo during the upgrade it gives the user full system access control or some poo poo

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

XPembedded and the embedded sygate firewall is retarded

let my packets go

look at me. they're my packets now

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hey guess what

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
chicken butt

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
win10 changed my login to my windows live account last night

the only notification i got about this was that it changed the avatar

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

client's laptop won't keep its wifi card on for more than a few seconds. unless I attach it to its dock and detach it in quick succession. then it works fine

gently caress this pos

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

bitlocker password screen in w7 doesnt show if capslock is on or not; bumping

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Rex-Goliath posted:

client's laptop won't keep its wifi card on for more than a few seconds. unless I attach it to its dock and detach it in quick succession. then it works fine

gently caress this pos

are you paid to be their tech support? I thought you were a consultant now. I wanna assume that doesn't mean being an impromptu geek squad!!

there is no room for being nice and wasting time in computing business

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

a tech consultant is about as far away from geek squad as you can get while still being a computer toucher lol

the client's internal systems are locked down like Fort Knox so I can only access it remotely with a laptop they give me that's SO SECURE it sometimes doesn't let the wifi nic work at all.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

finally had the help desk fix it. the issue was the Bluetooth driver was out of date which made the wifi crash randomly? and because security is so tight someone had to come to my desk and flash the bios

bump

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

this morning, windows decided one of my monitors only supported 640x480 and also that every open window needs to be resized to fit

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
computers belong on santa's naughty maillist

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Rex-Goliath posted:

finally had the help desk fix it. the issue was the Bluetooth driver was out of date which made the wifi crash randomly? and because security is so tight someone had to come to my desk and flash the bios

bump

bluetooth and wifi are on the same chip, obviously this is a great thing

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bumping because minitab is making my computer look and act bad

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

bobbilljim posted:

bluetooth and wifi are on the same chip, obviously this is a great thing

oh

bump

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

sonicwall are bad
x0 LAN is ok
x1 WAN is ok
x2-x6 portshielded to the LAN show the link (100mb full whatever) but 0 packets in or out

dead ports?
the world is a gently caress
factory default em all

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vmware esxi i told you to boot up the router vm immediately on startup but you didn't do it yooouuuuuuuuuuuu peesashit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

this is probably more me being an idiot than computers being bad but

why is it that in puttygen when I make a private key, the public key i can save doesn't work for anything i try to save it in as an authorized key but the key i can copy/paste from the text box in puttygen does

they're formatted differently too. file (diesn't loving work)
pre:
---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
Comment: "2016 Dec 16"
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah==
---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
textbox (seems to work errywhur):
pre:
ssh-rsa blahblahblahblahblahblah== 2016 Dec 16

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 17, 2016

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
lol if your not using cygwin + mintty + openssh

cygwin is poop from a butt but openssh doesn't use a special snowflake format for ssh key files

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I use putty. Some of my coworkers who have problems with the Linux environment refer to these things as "problems with the putty."

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There Will Be Penalty posted:

lol if your not using cygwin + mintty + openssh

cygwin is poop from a butt but openssh doesn't use a special snowflake format for ssh key files

so why is the one it displays fine but the one it saves unusable? is it just puttygen being terrible? (honest question)

I use mobaxterm just because it works out of the box and includes an x server so I don't have to gently caress around with that

THAT BEING SAID I should probably just install cygwin for my unix loving-arounds rather than trying to deal with a vm or ~*~cloud vps~*~ or whatever
nope haskell not officially supported l e l

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 17, 2016

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
i dunno because i haven't used putty in years because i was too lazy to deal with that very issue, sorry

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one of my coworkers has an rmbp but uses putty through xenapp

it's fascinating

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There Will Be Penalty posted:

i dunno because i haven't used putty in years because i was too lazy to deal with that very issue, sorry

s'aight, doesn't matter, i hadn't actually put my public key on anything so i just deleted the keys and made new ones through my vm and saved em then uninstalled putty

moral victory

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

one of my coworkers has an rmbp but uses putty through xenapp

it's fascinating

wh...what in the living poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

wh...what in the living poo poo

ssshh, just observe quietly

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is an enterprise mobile app so I'll put it here. we are supposed to move 300 or so users who just have iPads onto Salesforce.com and we decided to give their Salesforce1 app a try. there is a memory bug that causes some actions to crash iPad Air 1s (60% of the current....fleet?) which they tell use may or may not be fixed in March haha.

Suggested Workaround, I poo poo you not, "replace iPad 1 Air devices with iPad Air 2"

hello again yospos :tipshat:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

how do you have an organization with 300 people who when away from their thinkpads need access to sales force?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's a group of 300 within the organisation who sell on the road and are only issued with with iPads. their CPQ tool was designed for iOS and now they want to manage their leads/pipeline on the go as well.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i get that you don't like your sales people but wow no laptops

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah wondering about that myself. didn't even know that was a thing but apparently they seem to like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it looks cool too clients supposedly but lol if your tools arent modern browser compatible (ours arent) so youd need a citrix client and a decent internet connection to use those tablets

• Locked thread