Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I had every intention of playing last night and got sucked into played World of Warships :saddowns: Hopefully I'll get a chance to play some tonight, I've liked what I've played so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Thinking of casually starting something up this evening over on discord https://discord.gg/E79FpG7

Edit: Done for this evening. Two lessons learned: Get Good. Always bring a medic.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 15, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LordSloth posted:

Thinking of casually starting something up this evening over on discord https://discord.gg/E79FpG7

Edit: Done for this evening. Two lessons learned: Get Good. Always bring a medic.

Sorry I had to bail a bit early last night. Had a good time dying a lot :D

If we get a chance to play tonight I'd recommend turning FF off (until we git guder) and leaving Codex Rules on or off depending on what kind of progress we want to make. I find that FF on kind of locks you out of 2 of the best CC/AOE weapons. Thunder Hammer and Plasma Cannon.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wow, when 20GB free isn't enough for a 7GB patch...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like the latest update added a completely new class, a Terminator Chaplain. http://steamcommunity.com/games/298900/announcements/detail/1430307963807000690

Have the patches actually been fixing the game's underlying and technical issues at all? I haven't bought it because of the aforementioned reasons, but I loved EYE and want this to get good.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Did they ever fix the connecting issues? At launch I would spend 30 minutes trying to find a game and I was lucky to find one. Even when I did get into one there was always some connection issue that caused me to drop or give up waiting for players to connect. Has that been fixed at all?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Having the Goon Hulk matched arranged in advance worked well. No major issues.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
When I fired it up yesterday it was certainly running better than at launch. The game had this weird hyperthreading issue with my processor where I had to set core affinity to all but one core each time it launched or else it would grind to a crawl, so that's good. It ran just fine.

But holy poo poo is the player base dead. There were maybe 10 games total, between codex and non-codex rules, and most of those were password protected private games. So a whole like, 40 people playing at once.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

So are the white squidfaced stealers supposed to be that way because of chowing down on Dark Angels geneseed? Cause they look pretty much like Ymgarl Genestealers but I know the ymgarls are pretty much disowned by the hivemind because they're all mutagenic or something. So it wouldn't really make sense for hive ships to be coming to reabsorb them if they were ymgarls.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Screw canon, Lictors have the feeding tendrils as well. Just because the hive mind disowned the ymgarl subspecies doesn't mean other jean-stealers can't have tendrils. Stop body shaming.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I don't really care about what GW considers official man, I just never saw the reason for why those stealers look different in this game and was wondering if anybody here knew something I don't. For all I know I missed a line of diologue or something that explained why there's two different broods in the game.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Honky Dong Country posted:

I don't really care about what GW considers official man, I just never saw the reason for why those stealers look different in this game and was wondering if anybody here knew something I don't. For all I know I missed a line of diologue or something that explained why there's two different broods in the game.

I think it was just a quick way to present enemy diversity without making new enemies. Like in Halo the aliens have two or three different colored bodies.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Sazabi posted:

I think it was just a quick way to present enemy diversity without making new enemies. Like in Halo the aliens have two or three different colored bodies.

Ah yeah you're prolly right. I think I'm just used to warhams poo poo having all kinds of detailed crap involved with the who's and why's that something simple like that never even occurred to me.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have to admit, they're doing a lot more with customization than I expected. You can really blingee out your guns and, apparently, armor this time around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3X7ROT-HQ

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm sort of shocked this game hasn't been abandoned yet to be honest. I should give it another run-through one of these days, probably once this patch hits. That bayonet looked delightfully ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Still happy that apparently the Xbox version is still going to exist someday, about as shocked, too.

• Locked thread