Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
The last time I touched music composing software was 2009 shortly after graduating high school, using some version of Finale. From what I remember the sound libraries were god awful, fast forward almost 8 years I assume poo poo has got a lot better now?

Whats the go-to composing software I could acquire, that is also affordable? I think anything that doesn't have god awful super obvious synth sounding instruments is already a massive plus. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Hurp Durp Master posted:

The last time I touched music composing software was 2009 shortly after graduating high school, using some version of Finale. From what I remember the sound libraries were god awful, fast forward almost 8 years I assume poo poo has got a lot better now?

Whats the go-to composing software I could acquire, that is also affordable? I think anything that doesn't have god awful super obvious synth sounding instruments is already a massive plus. Thanks

FL studio.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
In terms of sound, Kontakt has enough decent string/orchestral libraries that you could get to be 100 and not have heard all the articulations of all of them. Even the factory ones polish up alright if you program them right. The Albion libraries are particularly highly rated.

Also go to the Musicians lounge subforum: there aren't many of us in there but we have a good signal:noise ratio

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 2, 2016

• Locked thread