Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I fully expect to be laughed at but -

I picked up a VCR in order to make a digital copy of an old VHS tape I had.

Plugged it in, hooked it up to my capture device and everything worked!

Then I rewound the tape, so far so good.

Now when I try to eject it, the VCR counts down for about 30 seconds and goes into standby mode. Pressing Stop/Eject button again causes it to count up to about 30 seconds and then count back down to 0 and go into standby mode. I'm at a loss for how to eject my tape.

This is the first time I've used a VCR in at least a decade. Maybe I'm just doing something dumb? Any ideas how to fix this before I resort to opening up the thing?

The VCR is a JVC S3600U

If my description of the error doesn't make sense, I could try to make a recording...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
nevermind, I got it eventually by fast forwarding halfway into the tape and then ejecting. No idea why that worked. Closing thread, sorry for junking up the forums.

• Locked thread