Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE LONG WALK

21: The last words of 2016

so what's this then this is where you get to do something about writing that novel you've always had inside you and can finally get all the money respect sex nothing you deserve.

sounds cool how does it work round about the first day of every month I put a thread up and you post in it to say how much new writing you're gonna post by 2359 PST on the last day of that month. there might be a little general leeway at the end of the month, but don't count on it and don't ask for extensions.

lol imma post one word 'lol' there I won lol there's a 4k word minimum. you can pledge more if you like, but 4k is the ante.

how many terrible words have been written through this thread and the ones before it?2,732,000. Some of them might have been good? idk

what happens if I gently caress it up every promise has to have a :toxx: attached. you fail, you get banned.

how should I post my stuff up to you, but a link to a gdoc with comments enabled is best that way you won't restrict your publication options later.

can I do short stories sure. It has to be new words (prose, poetry, limericks) but otherwise you can post whatever as long as you make the wordcount

can I critpost, shitpost, or shart my jorts don't really care, it's not the thunderdome so just follow the exhortations of your clotted goony heart but keep in mind that detailed crits of longform stuff aren't super useful; better to keep them general. normal CC rules apply so be harsh but helpful

is there an irc channel most of us hang out in #thunderdome

where are the previous months 2015 April, May June July, August, September, October , November, December, 2016 January, February, March, April, May
June, July, September, October, November

who tells the mods if i gently caress up and don't make it anyone can call in a failed toxx; if no one else does it I do

who checks i've done it i could just not and say i did lol you need to satisfy me, which isn't a high bar tbh, but I'll probably need to see something, up to you what that is

how long are you gonna do it for forever, i guess? we'll see

IT'S BEEN A PRETTY CRAZY YEAR ALL ROUND YOU KNOW ock

Long Walk 21: The last words of 2016

Besesoth 15k MADE IT LIKE BOWIE MADE A LOT OF GROUPIES VERY HAPPY
pale specterz 50k, 10 subs MADE IT LIKE LEONARD COHEN MADE BEING GLOOMY IN A BEDSIT WEIRDLY SEXY
guinness123 5k :siren: FAIL FAIL FAIL WHOOP PULL THE RIPCORD JEEZ IT WAS ONLY 5K MAN WHAT HAPPEN :siren:
sitting hereer 10k novel 10k somethign else MADE IT LIKE PRINCE MADE EDDIE MURPHY'S ENTOURAGE LOOK LIKE TRASH ON THE BASKETBALL COURT LOOK IT UP TOTALLY HAPPENED DUDE PLAYED MEAN BBALL
stuporstar 30k MADE IT LIKE ALAN RICKMAN MADE BEING BEARDED EUROTRASH SUPER COOL AND SINISTER BEFORE DYING EARLIER IN THE YEAR
Toxicslurpee 6k MADE IT LIKE CARRIE FISHER DIDN'T

RECORD OF THE FALLEN

CHTHONIC BELL/A PAINTED BIRD... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X4)
KILLFAST37... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
REDTONIC... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
KURONA BRIGHT...DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
SITTING HERE.... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
SURREPTITIOUS MUFFIN.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SKAANDSCREENPLAYS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MORNING BELL... DIDN'T MAKE IT
DR KLOCTOPUSSY... DIDN'T MAKE IT
BOMPACHO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
CRABROCK... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MARTELLO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THEHOMEMASTER... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JONKED... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANIME WAS RIGHT... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MAG7.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
TEQUILAJESUS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANOMIEATTHEGATES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANGELOPPORTUNITY.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SPECTRES OF AUTISM....DIDN'T MAKE IT
FLERP....DIDN'T MAKE IT
NEWTESTLEPER....DIDN'T MAKE IT
SITTING HERE....DIDN'T MAKE IT
GUINNESS13....DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.....DIDN'T MAKE IT

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I'm gonna take it easy this month and only :toxx: for 15k.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
december, the cruelest month

feel rly static but im gonna do 50k again cuz i barely made it there last month

10 subs again :toxx:

:anttony:

e: the last words he said were let go, let go, let go

take the moon fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Since I already know the end of this month is going to be crazy, I'm going to take it easy and do 5K :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
20k, 10 of those ks must be novel work, :toxx:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
30k this month on my series. :toxx: After doing 54k last month, I figured out I'd started two novels instead of one. So by the end of the year at least one first draft has to be done.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
6K words of whatever I feel like working on. Signing up late but I haven't failed yet. Yeah! :toxx:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

how are you doing my little adorables, sound off - don't want to have to ban anyone on new years day

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 24, 2016

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:rip:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

how are you doing my little adorables, sound off - don't want to have to ban anyone on new years day

Far better than I had anticipated. In word count, anyway. My words are bad! Maybe in 2017 they'll be less bad and more numerous.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

We are all bad but through striving we produce words.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Novel words:

9681 words

17775 words, which is a 7520 word change from last month

Misc:

1377 brawl words

800 TD words

and 1129 words on something that's none of your business

total:

next month I will probably do 15K since I want to focus on writing quality poo poo words

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nice work well it may be terrible work but you got it done which makes it nice by alchemical poo poo wizardry. How are the rest of y'all doing. You will probably have an additional couple of days as I may be without internet round ny.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ahead by more than 3k, not gonna complain for a holiday month.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to sign up for this once the next thread comes up, though... Umm...

I'm writing a technical textbook? Is that fine? Still creative, yes?

Thought I'd poo poo up this thread instead of the next one. Keep all of the suck in 2016 and all that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cool! Dont worry about chatting in the thread it could use more of it tbh. I'll post the new thread in a couple of days.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
gently caress, barely made it.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k so this has been a tiring month. here are my wordz, I'm v scattered ill post up subs l8r

eyes draft II was 67.9k, now 92.4 k, so up 24.5k

Cherophobia (formerly god is when...) was 1.1k, now 3.6k, so up 2.5 k

lol i didnt link this right last time but this is butterfly of flesh and blood , was 9.4 k, now 10.7k, up 1.3k, finished ig as a more bs than normal rough draft

Teeth Draft I was 1.1 k, now 3.9k, up 2.8k

fascia 2.9k i hate this bs but i wrote about it anyway because of a sign from the universe. this discourse is v toxic imo and can safely be said to "trigger me"

Hive Ghosts 1.2k subbin this to technophilia vol 2

k so with maybe a weak to go i was kind of boned cuz id been slacking. my friend brainstormed an edgy idea that i could just pump words into that would be pure retardation. so i started a bunch of stories that must share the ending line of Peter Watts The Things, I will rape it into them. The project is called I Will Rape It Into Them.

violation 1: "sleeping. sleeping" 7.7k

violation 2: "All My Friends Are Wasted" 6k

violation 3: "Hope My Rains Leave a Stain" 2.6k (wip)

added 1.1k to my gay banhopping notes pile for eyes which was 10.8k, now 11.9

terribad pretensious poetry:

concentration camp dreams (for jove) .06k
darkside (for rana) .07k

calculator adds this up to 53.53k, I don't think math is real anymore but hopefully it holds for the first five times you add it up or someth

last sub was literally posting on a forum and I have to w8 for the post 2b approved

take the moon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Clint_nodding.gif

Good job kid

E: actually that's real good. Send it out.

• Locked thread