Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

GonSmithe posted:

Ebert loved him some titties. He gave a lot of movies passes if they showed some good ones.

Really now...

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/salt-2010

... checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's a pretty fun movie, but without the school aspect all the wizards are basically Marvel superheros and it kind of makes the magic tiresome.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's a pretty fun movie, but without the school aspect all the wizards are basically Marvel superheros and it kind of makes the magic tiresome.
I was actually getting tired of wizard stories where nobody does any wizard things until maybe the end. Really, half the time in Harry Potter they're just mixing poo poo or reading books or stumbling about in the forest like idiots. And with the setting being back in time being less subtle about it makes a certain amount of sense, because they hadn't yet gotten great at the capture and punishment of dumbasses who do something flashy.

Though really I think I'm just a sucker for a dimensional suitcase

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the suitcase stuff was neat, so was the magic speakeasy. I like the fantasy elements, it's just that the big dumb action scenes at the end really bring down the experience.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FedEx Mercury posted:

Yeah the suitcase stuff was neat, so was the magic speakeasy. I like the fantasy elements, it's just that the big dumb action scenes at the end really bring down the experience.
Ah yeah, that was kind of a lot of padding with not a lot actually going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
For me it was the abundance of comedic moments, it seems like they were really forcing themselves to make the movie funny and the only one who felt naturally funny was the fat guy.

• Locked thread