Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Former SNL star Tony Rosato dead at 62.

Dude went through some weird poo poo near the end.

Oddly enough I had literally never heard of him before I saw him mentioned in an article yesterday as one of the few cast members born outside of North America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

rodbeard posted:

Oddly enough I had literally never heard of him before I saw him mentioned in an article yesterday as one of the few cast members born outside of North America.

Very sad life but IMO he was the worst cast member in SNL history by a country mile. He thought he'd be the next Belushi and all he'd have to do is overact in every single thing he was in.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

pwn posted:

Not from the week ArtVandelay was there, but here's a video of the setup between cold open and monologue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04kop3CvE_s

Couple weeks late replying, but who cares. They got far closer to failing on live tv on this clip than what happened with Emma Stone when I was there. They still had a good 15 seconds to spare for mine.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
"Who cares" about what? It's a great clip and a great testament to their crew. They may have felt a slight tinge of defensiveness and needing to explain why a crew member was clearly visible on the live broadcast, feeling like they wanted to show why he was there, but I think that probably pales when compared to their earnest pride in what they do. It's just a quick peek at a great crew.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I honestly never even noticed the crew member during the show

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

"Who cares" about what? It's a great clip and a great testament to their crew. They may have felt a slight tinge of defensiveness and needing to explain why a crew member was clearly visible on the live broadcast, feeling like they wanted to show why he was there, but I think that probably pales when compared to their earnest pride in what they do. It's just a quick peek at a great crew.
"Who cares" about the reply being a couple weeks late.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So is the 12:55 sketch pre-taped, then? I didn't realize the studio was that small (I figured the opening sketch was done on a side stage or something), there's no way that the host and cast can get out of costume in the four seconds between the end of the last sketch and the hugathon to close the show.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Timby posted:

So is the 12:55 sketch pre-taped, then? I didn't realize the studio was that small (I figured the opening sketch was done on a side stage or something), there's no way that the host and cast can get out of costume in the four seconds between the end of the last sketch and the hugathon to close the show.

For my episode, the 12:55 sketch was the weird virgin mary scene and it was on the right side on the floor. Most people just stayed in costume and walked to the main stage to hug it out. Emma Stone looked self conscious and ran off as fast as possible to change clothes.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

pwn posted:

"Who cares" about the reply being a couple weeks late.
Oh geez I sure did parse that one wrong didn't I :(

Sorry ArtVandelay!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Timby posted:

If it's presented as live (that is, it's not obviously a filmed piece,) then it's live

Funny you bring this up. Until 1998, the last internal break (the one you're talking about, between the last sketch and the goodnights,) was 2 minutes. In 1998 it was shortened to 1:30, and with the start of the this season, it's been further shortened to 1:15.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Carrie Fisher episode from '78 is on tonight before the new episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

GreenNight posted:

Carrie Fisher episode from '78 is on tonight before the new episode.

I hope the keep the "Beach Blanket Bimbo From Outer Space" sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

January thread

• Locked thread