Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

With the disclaimer that I haven't finished ACCA/Rakugo/Youjo Senki/Kuzu no Honkai yet... I think that I'd probably call Seiren my AotS as of now.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have terrible taste, but I liked the characters, I liked the setting, I liked the sense of humor and I liked the overall atmosphere.

Well, hey, I'm glad there are people who are out there still watching more under the radar kinds of shows. Taste is overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Only watched half of Scum's Wish, but it is my feel good anime of the season so far. :emo: :suicide:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The MAL score graphs for this season's shows got posted a couple days ago: http://imgur.com/a/d6ffN

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Strange Quark posted:

The MAL score graphs for this season's shows got posted a couple days ago: http://imgur.com/a/d6ffN

The girl throwing a snowball at me gets a 9/10

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

I tend to agree, especially with the weird ending/postscript to the first arc. It gave the impression that it'd be a series of 3-4 episode long vignettes, rather than actually having a semi-coherent plot across the course of the schoolyear.

Wait... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I stopped after the first arc just for lack of time but was definitely wishing the show was more ambitious than just resetting and using the same bland guy over and over.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

kater posted:

Wait... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I stopped after the first arc just for lack of time but was definitely wishing the show was more ambitious than just resetting and using the same bland guy over and over.

But it was just resetting and using the same guy: It's just that the point where the routes split was different for each girl, so some events of the earlier routes still happened, just without the characters getting together.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Strange Quark posted:

Kemono Friends went from 4.54 to 7.8. That is absurd(ly good). I wonder if there have been other shows that have gotten such a massive score boost on MAL throughout the course of its run.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

A lot of those seem to spike dramatically up at the last episode (including Hand Shakers, of all shows). Wonder why that is?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

A lot of those seem to spike dramatically up at the last episode (including Hand Shakers, of all shows). Wonder why that is?

Because the people who review a show while it's airing tend to do so because they've dropped it at that point, while the people who liked it enough to finish it, will give higher scores. (Unless they didn't like the end for some reason, like Fuuka. Many people were just watching it for ~that scene~, which didn't happen in the anime)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 9, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My takeaways from those charts are:

-Chaos;child and LWA got less and less popular as time went on
-Rakugo even at it's lowest was basically higher than everyone else :smug:
-Except for Konosuba which surprises me in that I thought S2 was decent at best

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strange Quark posted:

A lot of second seasons stayed pretty much at the same level the whole way through, presumably because the only people watching liked the show enough to watch the whole first season

So I wonder what pissed off so many Super Lovers fans in the last episode of Super Lovers 2

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nate RFB posted:

-Rakugo even at it's lowest was basically higher than everyone else :smug:

Seriously people, watch Rakugo.

You know how Chihayafuru is a really good drama even if you don't care about Karuta, because the characters shine through?

Rakugo is better than that; I finished the first episode and immediately went to see if there were rakugo performances in Pittsburgh. And it's got really good drama.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Were there any rakugo performances in Pittsburg

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

In Training posted:

There was one a few months ago at a general-purpose theater, but no actual ongoing tradition or anything. I'm gonna check again though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

In Training posted:

There was literally one at Tekko 2017 this weekend (but I didn't have time to go see it)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rakugo is good but not better than chihayafuru

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

rakugo is good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

I love rakugo to pieces but this is true

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tamba posted:

Because the people who review a show while it's airing tend to do so because they've dropped it at that point, while the people who liked it enough to finish it, will give higher scores. (Unless they didn't like the end for some reason, like Fuuka. Many people were just watching it for ~that scene~, which didn't happen in the anime)

MAL also apparently under weights scores from people who haven't finished the show after it stops airing.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Endorph posted:

yeap

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Rakugo is fantastic, I need to finally watch the last four episodes when I get home tomorrow. I just know it's going to make me cry (again), isn't it?

In Training posted:

Please don't forget our "h" in Pittsburgh, we're really anal about keeping our "h".

Julias posted:

There was literally one at Tekko 2017 this weekend (but I didn't have time to go see it)

Now I understand why there were a bunch of cosplayers on the T yesterday!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Please don't forget our "h" in Pittsburgh, we're really anal about keeping our "h".

It's no one's fault that you can't pronounce it properly, though. :colbert:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Ah, picturesque Pittsburh.

Edit: LWA dropped from 8.16 and seems to have stabilised at 7.91. That's barely a dip in popularity according to that chart lol

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 10, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
LWA is real good tbh.

Too bad about gintama ending on the point it did, but after so many episodes I guess they finally ran out of jokes. Or maybe they'll do another season in a couple years again, who knows.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Mentat Radnor posted:

We all have "H" that's important to us. I feel you.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm still really enjoying LWA and I'm eager to see what Trigger has planned for the final stretch. Hopefully some wild action animation without going completely off the rails story-wise.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's no one's fault that you can't pronounce it properly, though. :colbert:

True.

Space Flower posted:

We all have "H" that's important to us. I feel you.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

PittsBLurgh

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I didn't know what to really expect from ACCA but its been a pretty good political drama 8 eps in, so cool on ADTRW for reccing it a lot. It's given me at least one thing to watch in Spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I second the "thank you forum" for ACCA. I'm fewer episodes in but it is very interesting.

• Locked thread