Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Trump could never swallow his pride enough to resign the most powerful office on earth. If anything, he'll pull an office space, just stop doing the job, and then get impeached.
I don't see how it wouldn't be an ego trip to play a less pliable cincinnatus; to look down and whisper "No" -- just have a huge inauguration party in the Old Post Office Building and refuse to ever come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They could make a position with a really amazing sounding name - like Grand Emperor - with no actual powers and trick Trump into taking it like a rabbit falling for the old carrot under a propped up box trick

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

zegermans posted:

"Lets nominate Hillary Clinton's policies again, but this time with a penis"

Ah yes, I remember when Hillary Clinton's policies lost her the election.

Let's see where we're at in 4 years. Heck, he's an old man, Biden could be dead by then (along with the rest of us from the Trumpenreich). Biden brings some good things to the table as a candidate, especially as a reaction to the narrative coming out of the 2016 election, and a lot of his flaws are diminished in light of Trump proving gaffes aren't real and being the oldest President. Whether he actually has good policies? Well, we'll see how desperate everyone is to win by that point.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

That DICK! posted:

They could make a position with a really amazing sounding name - like Grand Emperor - with no actual powers and trick Trump into taking it like a rabbit falling for the old carrot under a propped up box trick

Fantasy has been big recently, how about 'Grand Dragon'.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Dolash posted:

Ah yes, I remember when Hillary Clinton's policies lost her the election.
do you also remember that the man who defeated her won over millions with his vague hints at socialized healthcare, ending trade toxic trade deals and "draining the swamp"? one might call those "policies" if one was feeling charitable

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stephenfry posted:

do you also remember that the man who defeated her won over millions with his vague hints at socialized healthcare, ending trade toxic trade deals and "draining the swamp"? one might call those "policies" if one was feeling charitable

those aren't policies, they're hashtags

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

theflyingexecutive posted:

those aren't policies, they're hashtags

if you can't reduce your policy to a hashtag you need to try harder

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Trump could never swallow his pride enough to resign the most powerful office on earth. If anything, he'll pull an office space, just stop doing the job, and then get impeached.

He'll keep doing rallies and tweeting his stream of consciousness while Pence does the day to day poo poo of being president.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

stephenfry posted:

Those famous campaign chants of BUILD THE SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM and LOCK HER OUT OF USING HER INFLUENCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FINANCE INDUSTRY.

I'm not saying having good policies aren't important, but if we're talking about whether Joe Biden could or should run in 2020 and whether he'd win then the fact that he's got some charisma and can probably throw off a few good lines amidst the gaffes, like Trump, is what's relevant. Remember that bit where he said he'd like to take Trump behind the school and kick the poo poo out of him? People respond to that, even if it's stupid, and a whole campaign like that exchange might at least be better strategy than Hillary's holding pattern.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
TBQH from everything I've read it seems like Hillary ran no campaign at all for all intents and purposes in most of the country so I really think almost anyone could be competitive in 2020 provided they put any effort whatsoever into Hispanic outreach and the Rust Belt/Upper Midwest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Dolash posted:

Those famous campaign chants of BUILD THE SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM and LOCK HER OUT OF USING HER INFLUENCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FINANCE INDUSTRY.

I'm not saying having good policies aren't important, but if we're talking about whether Joe Biden could or should run in 2020 and whether he'd win then the fact that he's got some charisma and can probably throw off a few good lines amidst the gaffes, like Trump, is what's relevant. Remember that bit where he said he'd like to take Trump behind the school and kick the poo poo out of him? People respond to that, even if it's stupid, and a whole campaign like that exchange might at least be better strategy than Hillary's holding pattern.
No, but I do recall repeated whining about how america never wins any more, and fascinating claims about how someone who bought politicians couldn't possibly themselves be bought.

Your suggestions don't seem to involve actual policy changes to the clinton platform... (it is of course coterminous with democratic policy in general)

zegermans posted:

"Lets nominate Hillary Clinton's policies again, but this time with a penis"

• Locked thread