Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
We are all organisms who have evolved to the point of consciousness, our role is as carriers of DNA. The reason we exist is to procreate and continue this self-copying molecule. As an accident of this, human life came about.

We are all floating on a tiny pebble in the vast void of nothingness, time stretches backwards and forwards unto infinity beyond our comprehension.

You, reading this right now, are but a brief flicker of consciousness before the light is snuffed out and you pass once more into nothing.

Human society has been created as a result of billions of interactions between conscious beings and their environments over millennia, and that is where we stand today.

Let's try to build up our view of the world from this baseline that all can agree on. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Personally I think if you aren't spending your life wringing every ounce of enjoyment out of every minute, you're doing it wrong.

Garcon, bring me my fine literature/music/theater along with the feast, the drug cocktail and the attractive members of the opposite (or same) (OR NONE) gender

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm an isometric perspective

also time probably has a definite starting point with the big bang, but who knows how it's all going to end

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm viewing the world from three centimeters to the left.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

im gay

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
nobody is beholden to the reproduction of DNA

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Trumpenproletariat posted:

Personally I think if you aren't spending your life wringing every ounce of enjoyment out of every minute, you're doing it wrong.

Garcon, bring me my fine literature/music/theater along with the feast, the drug cocktail and the attractive members of the opposite (or same) (OR NONE) gender

This assumes that we can know ourselves well enough to consistently aim toward whatever will bring us enjoyment.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_important_publications_in_economics

Read the first twelve on this list and you'll have more perspective than you'll know what to do with.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

having unironically thought about this for a while, interdependent co-arising from buddhism is a cool and good perspective on phenomenon and ontology which gives no fucks about that sucka fool aristotle and bitch rear end newtonian causality.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

heres some loving perspective

Yadabaoth united with the thoughtlessness (aponoia) within him.
He begot ruling authorities (exousia)
Modeling them on the incorruptible realms above.

The first is Athoth
The second is Harmas [called the eye of flame]
The third is Kalilaumbri
The fourth is Yabel
The fifth is Adonaiu [called Sabaoth]
The sixth is Cain [called the sun]
The seventh is Abel

The eighth is Abrisene
The ninth is Yobel
The tenth is Armupiel
The eleventh is Melcheir-adonein
The twelfth is Belias
Who rules over the very depth of Hades.

He made the first seven rulers to reign in the seven spheres of heaven.
He made the next five rulers to reign in the five depths of the abyss.

He shared a portion of his fire with them,
But shared none of the power of Light he had received from his mother.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

I honestly didn't think that ancient gnosticism would become to CSPAM what Maoism-Third-Worldism was to LF.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

blamegame posted:

heres some loving perspective

Yadabaoth united with the thoughtlessness (aponoia) within him.
He begot ruling authorities (exousia)
Modeling them on the incorruptible realms above.

The first is Athoth
The second is Harmas [called the eye of flame]
The third is Kalilaumbri
The fourth is Yabel
The fifth is Adonaiu [called Sabaoth]
The sixth is Cain [called the sun]
The seventh is Abel

The eighth is Abrisene
The ninth is Yobel
The tenth is Armupiel
The eleventh is Melcheir-adonein
The twelfth is Belias
Who rules over the very depth of Hades.

He made the first seven rulers to reign in the seven spheres of heaven.
He made the next five rulers to reign in the five depths of the abyss.

He shared a portion of his fire with them,
But shared none of the power of Light he had received from his mother.

Yeah, but then NERV used the Spear of Longinus to kill the last Angel and implement Instrumentality.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Not a Step posted:

Yeah, but then NERV used the Spear of Longinus to kill the last Angel and implement Instrumentality.

Wasn't NERV trying to prevent the human instrumentality project?

I mean, that's why my dorky friend told me.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Helsing posted:

Wasn't NERV trying to prevent the human instrumentality project?

I mean, that's why my dorky friend told me.

Nah, the floating monoliths were 100% on board with everyone turning into Tang

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Helsing posted:

I honestly didn't think that ancient gnosticism would become to CSPAM what Maoism-Third-Worldism was to LF.

I like it better honestly.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
nerv was 100% on board with instrumentality, it was their thing, but gendo just wanted to bring his dead waifu back which was gonna ruin everything

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
cspam's identity is still fluid, not yet set, it will settle in time into the only real truth in this world

the eternal science of marxism leninism

not mtw, though, because gently caress that hot garbage

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

rudatron posted:

cspam's identity is still fluid, not yet set, it will settle in time into the only real truth in this world

the eternal science of marxism leninism

not mtw, though, because gently caress that hot garbage

bernieposters being shamed after he lost the primary and then hillaryman being mass banned postelection were enormous sea change moments in the culture here.

the remnant were the nothing matters nihilists

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

bernieposters being shamed after he lost the primary and then hillaryman being mass banned postelection were enormous sea change moments in the culture here.

the remnant were the nothing matters nihilists

i still insist that everything matters to the point of idiocy and i'm still around

Never Stop Posting

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i still insist that everything matters to the point of idiocy and i'm still around

Never Stop Posting

everything matters because nothing matters liberate your self of the matters of others and in that void you will become free NUKE EVERYTHING HAIL SATAN

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Agean90 posted:

everything matters because nothing matters liberate your self of the matters of others and in that void you will become free NUKE EVERYTHING HAIL SATAN

*nods solemnly*

Hail Gay Satan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

'nothing matters' is a defense mechanism against the horrors of living in a reality where things really do matter

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Fallen Hamprince posted:

'nothing matters' is a defense mechanism against the horrors of living in a reality where things really do matter

so is christianity, buddhism, islam, and all the other belief systems that turn human existence into a winnable video game

if us apes were to allow ourselves to consider the dangers involved in just waking up in the morning, we'd instantly lose our minds. don't begrudge people their defense mechanisms, its an evolutionary strategy built into our brain structure

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cspam should get a mystery cult going

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Agean90 posted:

Hail SS-18 Satan, may his passage cleanse the Earth

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Agean90 posted:

cspam has a weird gnosticism thing going which makes sense considering gnosticism is the anime of religions

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Never Stop Posting

Everything is True and Nothing is Permitted

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The release of Westworld was timely for this subforum since the last great pop gnostic text, The Matrix, has been claimed by reactionaries.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Not a Step posted:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Helsing posted:

The release of Westworld was timely for this subforum since the last great pop gnostic text, The Matrix, has been claimed by reactionaries.

i'm sorry but

:lost:
John From Cincinnati
Donnie Darko
Southland Tales
The Leftovers
Inception

westworld is the best of those other than leftovers, but still

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Not a Step posted:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Perspective is cool, I read a perspective article yesterday: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/which-philosophy-can-help-us-understand-2016

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyrKJg-1VM&t=21s

the last guy is cspam

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Please don't post my pictures, thanks.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

buddhism ... belief system

lol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

oh poo poo, I guess performing established rituals handed down through generations by a clergy class in order to attain liberation from samsara, the endless cycle of rebirth, suffering and dying again, just like a deified historical figure from 2500 years ago is more of a "lifestyle" then a "belief system". you got me there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

i'm sorry but

:lost:
John From Cincinnati
Donnie Darko
Southland Tales
The Leftovers
Inception

westworld is the best of those other than leftovers, but still

By the end of the Trump Presidency we will all be dead in cleansing fire, or Southland Tales will finally be recognized as the greatest and most prophetic piece of cinema in history.

• Locked thread