Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NilkNarf posted:

I feel pretty good about that Roadblock score, considering I haven't seen Raw in a month

Same but I think it's been two or three months for me :hfive:

Apparently the easiest way to predict RAW is to never watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

RAW... never watch it

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I forgot to submit picks for ROADBLOCKING and now I'm sad.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I joined halfway through the year, so I didn't do terribly all things considered.

Does the score reset at any point? Like after Wrestlemania or for the new year?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

TTBF posted:

I joined halfway through the year, so I didn't do terribly all things considered.

Does the score reset at any point? Like after Wrestlemania or for the new year?

seasons are mania - mania so after mania this year its a new season

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I got bored and decided to come up with the mock Rumble form, tell me if this is cool or stinks. Rough estimate from me is if you are a wizard and magically get everything right and some crazy stuff happens with a winner you can get like 90 points but yes theoretically as much as 200 or 250 if it turns out WWE is good and you are also a wizard:

#1 (3 pts)
#2 (3 pts)
#3 (3 pts)
#30 (3 pts)
Most elims (3 pts)
How many for most elims (3 pts; closest without going over)
Iron Man (3 pts)
Iron man time (3 pts; closest without going over)
Winner's number (7 pts 1-10, 10 pts 11-20, 5 pts 21-30)
Guess the final four (1 5 pts, 2 10 pts, 3 20 pts, 4 40 pts)

Winner:
Confirmed entrant (10 pts)
Non-confirmed, active male WWE Superstar (20 pts)
NXT Superstar (30 pts)
Inactive male WWE Superstar (e.g. The Rock, Austin) (40 pts)
Non-wrestling [In last 12 months, looking at you shane-o-mac and HHH] WWE Staff or Female Superstar (60 pts)
Non-WWE employee (No legacy contracts, e.g. if Kenny Omega or Kurt Angle showed up and won. I know this is tricky so if you want you can PM me or post in the thread and I'll tell you where they'd qualify) (100 pts)
Scott Steiner (150 pts)

Also all of these are open ended and I think I'll make the other matches total up to about 50-60 pts

Golashes fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 10, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's good, though I'd maybe go 5-10-15-20 for final four. (or 5-10-15-30 if you really want to give a perfect final four a bonus)

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

It's good, though I'd maybe go 5-10-15-20 for final four. (or 5-10-15-30 if you really want to give a perfect final four a bonus)

I think I'll change the distribution to something closer to the latter and then boost the points for iron man and most eliminations counts since very few people will get that one in the end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress yeah go Scott Steiner!!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
which question triggers multiball

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

which question triggers multiball

If Scott Steiner wins the Rumble everyone gets 10,000x and humanity enters a new stage of enlightenment

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I didn't know how badly I wanted Scott Steiner to win until now.

Please ignore my posts in the general thread about how they should use the rumble to push a young star.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think asking for #1 is kind of pointless since there's like a 100% chance it'll be punishment for James Ellsworth or Roman Reigns or someone.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Golashes posted:

If Scott Steiner wins the Rumble everyone gets 10,000x and humanity enters a new stage of enlightenment

if Scott Steiner wins we split off into the Gamma Timeline and we have to predict the rumble for Earth-2, Hollowworld and Nega-Earth as well

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

How are you determining closest for the iron man time? Is only one person going to get points for that question? I'd suggest making it so you get points if you're within a 3-minute or so range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Endless Mike posted:

I think asking for #1 is kind of pointless since there's like a 100% chance it'll be punishment for James Ellsworth or Roman Reigns or someone.

yeah none of this is locked in but also free spaces every once in a while don't hurt. no one wants a zero and that would have happened with this year without some of them.

ShakeZula posted:

How are you determining closest for the iron man time? Is only one person going to get points for that question? I'd suggest making it so you get points if you're within a 3-minute or so range.

By minute intervals, closest without going over (price is right style). there will probably be pretty few winners so I'm thinking I might just make it a pool of ~20 points that gets split among the winners evenly or something who knows.

MotU posted:

if Scott Steiner wins we split off into the Gamma Timeline and we have to predict the rumble for Earth-2, Hollowworld and Nega-Earth as well

the only problem i have with this is that in the post-rumble age points will be an irrelevant concept alongside things like emotion, individuality, life, and posting, but i'll score it anyway sure

• Locked thread