Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Outrail, are you voting to add the extra d6 for the new ability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
D + Claws.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C. We will have our revenge on our previous liquefaction/bucket failures! :argh:

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009

Lazaruise posted:

I lied its done now.

-~-~-~-~-~

You watch as the bucket rushes towards your head and immediately attempt to turn your head into a gelatin, thinking back at the green wobbly desert your Oma made you just last weekend...

1d6 = 3 vs. 2d6 = 6 [Failure]

Just before it hits you suddenly remember how much you hated that desert and turned your power up to far causing your mass and body structure to suddenly become even more fluid like. When the bucket hit the top of your head basically became a splash of red water and exploded everywhere. Missing the top of your head you ran off in terror, though you did not feel a thing. In your fearful rush you rammed right into a nearby picnic table and, making matters worse, broke your wrist; though again you did not feel this. You sat down on this bench crying out for your father.

The liquid parts of your head coalesced into various gore and viscera all over the ground. The other child screamed and wet himself before passing out himself as part of you went down his throat and choked him once it solidified. His mother was able to remove the piece by the heimlich however it shot off into the distance and was unable to be found.

Your father was understandably panicked. He stared at your topless head in shock and horror. Dropping to his knees we futilely tried to put the gorey pieces back on to you. Somehow, miraculously, they reconnected. Your body was readily accepting back the pieces. As your father was putting the pieces back into you your sense of touch came back and all of the pain rushed suddenly into you, overloading our sense and causing you to pass out from shock.

You woke up in the hospital several days later surrounded by news crews and strange men in black suits. Your father told you that he and the EMTs were able to find the rest of your head except for one piece and there is now a large scar running across your forehead. You are a sensation with the media however the men in black suits keep trying to talk to you alone, though your parents won't let them near you.

And thus your life in the limelight began. Private tutors, private interviews, private shows showcasing your power and incredible resilience. Though your first attempt at using your power willingly ended in failure at what you were aiming to do you did discover that you have control over your molecules so long as your brain is intact and so long as the pieces of you are still touching you will eventually return to your normal state.

In one such interview at the age of 14 you showed off your ability to a captive audience by doing something you had never done before...

A. Causing your fist to become as stiff and hard as steel, punching through a solid wall of concrete. Difficulty 0 / + 0 momentum

B. Turning your entire body into something like steel and tanking a car running into at 35 mph. Difficulty 1 / +1 momentum

C. Transforming your body below your head into something not unlike melting wax and slipping your whole body into a bucket, while still conducting an interview. Difficulty 3 / +2 momentum

D. Causing your fingernails to become harder than diamonds, and from filing and growing them extremely long beforehand they become extremely sharp. You use these nails to cut through several phone books. Difficulty 1 / + 1 momentum / Add an additional d6 to the difficulty to gain the Claw Ability (+2 on any roll to attack with your nails)

E. Something else...

Abilities:
Spoiled Brat:
Whenever you gain momentum you gain 1 extra, however when you lose a roll you lose 1d6 for the next roll (minimum of 1)

for those who missed it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lazaruise posted:

Outrail, are you voting to add the extra d6 for the new ability?

Yep. Slicey dicey.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Changing my vote to D to match up with Outrail!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We should think about getting a Kevlar body stocking made up. That way even if we get mushed into a thousand gloopy pieces we'll still meld ourselves back together.

We should also experiment with slicing off a strip of skin and sticking it back on like a Bandaid. See if our reconstruction power is passive/works even if we're not using.

Also pick up chicks with cheesy rock hard innuendo.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
B

This is the most showy one, let's impress the plebs.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Looks like we could be attempting to get permanent claws this go around however I will leave voting open for a few more hours.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Wait, permanent? I thought it was just the ability to harden and attack easily. hmm.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is this still going? Seems pretty neat, if so I vote B for (Human) Barricade Boy

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I’m still alive! It has been a crazy past couple of weeks but here we go. I also changed the terms a bit for the momentum mechanics. Since we aren’t really gaining momentum like the other game I think it’s more of we gain more control over our power. So instead of +1 momentum it’ll be +1 power control. Anyways let us get on with the show!

-~-~-~-~-~

You had known about this interview for months and always wanting to be center of attention wherever you go; you decided to begin to grow your finger nails out. You wanted claws. Sharp and hard as diamonds. Months and months of practicing and preening followed as you prepared for this. Your parents were concerned about the length of your nails but left you be as they always did. You were their special guy after all, you couldn’t do anything wrong. (Spoiled Brat attribute granted immediate win against the parental concern 3d6 here). Your nails are now 2 inches long and filed with sharp points and edges. At home you’ve easily been able to gouge holes in trees and even your hardwood floors once when your mother did allow you to have the new XBONE game you had wanted (you still got it afterwards of course).
“So tell me Alan, how long have you had this amazing ability?” Daisy Meekens, the host of Emmy Award winning variety show Meeks Weeks asks you as you sit on the plush couch in front of the live studio audience. “For as long as I can remember honestly Ms. Meekens” you reply back looking down and playing with your nails underneath the thick gloves you have on hiding them until the opportune time. Of course you are playing the nervous teen in front of the audience, you had an image to uphold after all. Not really nervous at all right?

1. Are you actually nervous? Personality traits sometimes will have affect rolls or cause certain events to happen after successful or unsuccessful rolls. However these traits can change with time or with certain actions.

A. Yes, terrified actually. What if I screw up here? No one will like me then! Worse still that cute redhead in the audience is looking directly at me!

B. Psshh, No! Why on Earth would I care what they think about me? I’m me. I’m a big loving deal.

“How interesting, I don’t know what I would do if I had such amazing powers. Probably wouldn’t be a TV host!” The audience laughter pounds in your ears. “Could you demonstrate?” She asks. “Of course! Let me show you something cool.” You nod towards the backstage crew who begins to bring out a stack of old phone books (can you believe they still make these things?) and place them in front of you. You, with great flourish, pull off your gloves revealing your dagger like nails, covered in rhinestones and gaudy paint. The audience gasps and applauds. “I will make my nails harder than diamonds and use the sharpened filed down edges to cut through all these phone books like butter.” The audience gasps again and you see several of them push towards the edge of their seat.

To cut through the books
1d6 = 5 vs 1d6 = 2 [Success] +1 power control (+1 more extra from Spoiled Brat)

Too Keep the Claws attribute
1d6 = 3 vs 1d6 = 6 [Failure]

With great panache and swashbuckle you swing your arm down with all your fingers pointed straight out in a knife hand. Hardening your fingers and nails you effortlessly slice through all the books, leaving a neat slice through all of them. You barely felt the pages as your hand pushed through it. You began to think you cool it would be to have these sharp nails all the time when you sliced through the last phonebook. This daydream however caused your concentration to waver just a bit so you hit your nails against the stage and your nails shattered. The audience however didn’t notice that and jumped to their feet giving you a standing ovation. Quickly hiding your broken nails behind your back you smiled and bowed, silently cursing your own clumsiness. Oh well. You basked in your adoration and finished the interview.
After the show you stood in the alley behind the studio lot waiting for your parents come around with the car (you should really get them to get you a car for yourself). As you stared off into space a large muscular man in a black suit and tie walked up next to you and began to smoke a cigarette. You looked over at him and noticed a gun hanging from a shoulder holster on his left-hand side. He turned and stared at you. “The US government would like a few words with you Alan. We’ve already contacted your parents and they said it was okay for you to come with us” He said in a gravelly voice. Looking behind him you see your parent’s car down the road. Were they leaving or coming towards you? You couldn’t quite tell from this distance. The man reached out and grabbed your shoulder.

2. What did you do? You don’t know if this man is legit or if your parents actually gave their permission. Only thing you do know is that he is huge and he has a gun.

A. Go with him, if your parents are okay with it you’re okay with it. Maybe the government wants to study your powers. Maybe you could be a supersoldier! SO COOL! Difficulty 0 / +0 power control

B. Go with him but silently let pieces of you fall off as liquid so if your parents didn’t actually give permission they’ll know something happened and be able to follow. Difficulty 1 / +1 power control

C. Immediately tense up and harden your fist. Punch his arm to try and break the bone. Difficulty 1 / +1 power control

D. Same as C but go for his face. Difficulty 1 / +1 power control

E. Transform your body into a liquid and try and go down the nearby drain, you’d lose your clothe and potentially part of your biomass if you can’t get all of you out of your clothing. However you’d escape without any potential gun shots to your body. Difficulty 3 / + 3 power control

F. Harden your head and head-butt him and then while he’s distracted try and get his gun [Difficulty 2 / +2 power control[/i]

G. Something else.

Abilities:
Spoiled Brat:
Whenever you gain momentum you gain 1 extra, however when you lose a roll you lose 1d6 for the next roll (minimum of 1)

Lazaruise fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 9, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
1B2B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Concur, plan BB

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Plan BB works for me - although if we keep dripping off pieces of ourself are we going to lose fingers or just start looking smaller than usual?

edit: changed vote below

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 9, 2017

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
AC, i mean, for how long can we drip ourselves?

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
You know that your body won't replace large pieces of mass that is dropped off and not reattached, You still have a scar on your forehead from the piece missing due to the bucket attack. But you have slightly more fine control over your ability now and this you'd sloughing off the top layer of your skin essentially, parts that replenish naturally with time, though if you drop too much your basically be giving yourself an unneeded skin graft.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

BA

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Okay, I'm changing my vote to 1B 2A because we're so confident and cocky that the government wanting to talk to us seems like a great idea. I mean, of COURSE they do! It's about time!

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I suddenly just realized that I mixed up the first set of dice rolls and we definitely shouldn't have succeeded there. Oh well, consider this one a freebie, i mean, we did have to gain some power control sometime if we were ever going to progress anyways. Whoopsies

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hollylolly posted:

Okay, I'm changing my vote to 1B 2A because we're so confident and cocky that the government wanting to talk to us seems like a great idea. I mean, of COURSE they do! It's about time!

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I am getting ready for the next update but voting is still open for a few more hours, currently BA is winning but BB is close behind.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
1A, 2F

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Sorry for the length of time between updates and the shortness of this current one, I've be extremely swamped at work lately. Military life is fun.

-~-~-~-~-~-~
!!! Gain Arrogant Quality !!!

“Its about drat time you guys came to get me, I've been waiting for years now.” You say condescendingly to the man in the suit. He lifts his eyebrows from beneath his sunglasses for a moment before his face returns to stone. “Ah, a bit of an attitude on you I see. We can make use of that, but for now I think you'll need to learn some manners” he says in return. Suddenly he reaches into his gun holster and pulls out a taser aimed directly at you. You attempt to harden your skin but your reaction time was slightly off and you are hit with 10,000 volts of electricty. Before you black out you hear the man say “Red Bear, the subject is ready for transport. Shocked the arrogant bastard for good measure though. We'll have to work on his attitude.”

Its dark and your whole body is numb. If you're still numb it can't have been too long since you attempted to block the taser. Your sense of touch should return in a short time but for now you literally can't tell what position your body is in since you can't see anything. You attempt to say something but you can't move your mouth, it must be taped shut. God you hope it's only taped, what if they sewed it?! You begin to think of all the movies you've seen about the government kidnappings and wondered what you had got yourself into. If these people were even with the government. You wonder if you should attempt to change yourself to get away.

1. You've never attempted to use your power during your cool-down numbness period, you're not even sure if it would work but if it did you were going to...

A. Turn liquid. Ooze away from wherever they got you, though if they have you in a container you won't be going anywhere Difficulty 3 / Power Control +3

B. Turn your lips incredibly hard, attempt to cut through whatever they have over your mouth to say something. Difficulty 1 / Power Control +1

C. Do nothing, it probably wouldn't work anyways during the cool-down, and you don't know what would happen if you tried. Difficulty 0 / +0 Power Control

D. Something Else Difficulty ? / Power Control ?

Abilities / Qualities:
Spoiled Brat:
Whenever you gain power control you gain 1 extra, however when you lose a roll you lose 1d6 for the next roll (minimum of 1)
Arrogant: Choose to add an extra +2 to any roll, however if you fail reset your power control to +0

-~-~-~-~

Little behind the scenes info, since we chose to be confident in interview we gained the Confident quality which would have given us the ability to add a +1 with the penalty of losing a power control if we failed, however since we also went with the Man in the Suit willingly and without caution that confidence became Arrogance which you can see at the end of the post.

Do you guys want me to keep these potential qualities a mystery for you to possibly piece together through your knowledge of our current personality or would you rather me be more overt about what we could potentially gain (or lose sometimes) by the choices you make?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'm happy either way, I don't mind seeing behind the curtain, but I don't tend to metagame either.

A

Edit: With Arrogant.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 16, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
1A

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'd rather it be hidden, metagaming is for chumps.

A w/Arrogant bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I'm not sure if it's meta or just more transparency from me but I'm okay doing either.

• Locked thread