Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Thanks for showing off Gungeon, scruffy. It's a good game and even after a few months of playing it this LP taught me new stuff.

Good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Thank you for the Lp! It was a very good one. I wonder what happens when one would combine the all buulets upgrade with a fast firing weapon like the nailgun.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Samovar posted:

That Railgun/Ring of Triggers combo...

Edit: You know, that's what this game is missing. the chance to make game-breaking combos.

I got that legitimately, and it hosed me out of a couple of master rounds. :argh:

Thanks for the LP scruffy, it certainly helped me finish the game. :unsmith:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Now that's a bang to end an LP on! Thanks for playing this game.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Man, the moment you pulled the trigger on the quad laser... Amazing.

Was almost kind of sad to see that the projectiles were so huge that they didn't even need to travel anywhere, but man, we wanted a room sized bullet and that loving delivered.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Thank you, scruffy sensei.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Railgun/Ring of Triggers: :stare:

Makeshift/Corsair combo: :stonk:

Also, the Makeshift Cannon is a reference to Star Trek: The Original Series season 1 episode 19, "The Arena" where Kirk constructs a makeshift cannon out of raw materials to shoot at a Gorn.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
A fantastic end to a fantastic LP. Thank you so much for an entertaining run, Scruffy.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Thanks for the LP! I have a couple questions to round it out.

First, do you have any strong opinions on the Hyper Light Blaster? When I heard it existed I was eager to see it.

Second, what does the Super Hot Watch actually do, aside from reference the most innovative shooter I haven't played in years?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Second, what does the Super Hot Watch actually do, aside from reference the most innovative shooter I haven't played in years?

Literally the same as Superhot. Time moves when you do. It's really annoying to clear rooms with it but it makes getting master rounds from bosses a lot easier (so of course you get it as the reward for getting all five master rounds, right after you don't need it anymore).

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Thanks for the LP Scruffy, if it weren't for ya I wouldnt of heard or played this wonderful game :)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
One final question; what the hell does the owl companion do? I think we saw and you explained most of the others.

Great LP btw.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zore posted:

One final question; what the hell does the owl companion do? I think we saw and you explained most of the others.

Great LP btw.

He'll do occasional small-area blanks.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for all the videos, Scruffy! I credit you for moving me from 'Can't get out of the Keep of the Lead Lord' tier to 'Sometimes even gets to the Forge' tier! I'm...not actually sure how - perhaps I just picked up some sweet movement tech via diffusion or some such - but I know that I wouldn't be as good at the game (hell, I wouldn't be playing the game) without your lovely introduction to it.

Thank you again!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Man, that Beholster combo you duct tape together is like the RYNO from Ratchet & Clank. It's hilarious and wonderful.

Thanks for showing off the game, Scruffy; it was a fun romp. I do love this game even if I'm terrible at it.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
This has been the best drat LP I've seen in a good while, and while I'm sad to see it go, I don't think it could've gone out better. My hat is off to you, sir. :golfclap:

And Sexy Brutale next, too! Goddamn I'd been curious about that game. :allears:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for all the fish!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

Thanks for the LP! I have a couple questions to round it out.

First, do you have any strong opinions on the Hyper Light Blaster? When I heard it existed I was eager to see it.

My strong opinion on the Hyper Light Blaster is it's real good. It's a 12(?) shot weapon with 12 ammo, every bullet you hit with gets refunded. So if you've got good aim it's essentially an infinite ammo high damage weapon. I've run into a few issues with it losing some of the bullets so your mileage may vary but it's always been real good when I've found it.

Super Hot Watch is exactly what it says on the tin. If you're not moving, everything else is either stopped or slowed down to the slowest of crawls. Even your reload time! As CirclMastr pointed out, it can make room clearing a bit of a pain but it makes boss fights more than a little bit easier.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good work on the LP Scruffy, I'm proud of you.

Nero Angelo
Jun 19, 2011
A great LP that got me to install and play my copy that I bought in a sale back around Christmas time.

And it was definitely informative. It taught me some good tips and tricks that helped me get the platinum trophy. :ocelot:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The beholster combo was neat. It looked capable without being absurdly overpowered.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Good LP, I agree that it's a good time to end things since there isn't much left to see. Glad you showed off the Railgun + Ring of Triggers + Sense of Direction combo I posted a few pages back, it's one of the more laughably overpowered combos even if there's an internal cooldown on the ring. Makeshift Cannon and Corsair was good as well for obliterating bosses, the Yari Launcher is the other weapon that ignores boss armor but it's not nearly as dramatic.

Devolver have said they plan to work on another, more complete expansion for Gungeon in the future which will have much more content than the supply drop update. Maybe we'll get some more videos whenever that happens.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for the LP!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Good LP, I agree that it's a good time to end things since there isn't much left to see. Glad you showed off the Railgun + Ring of Triggers + Sense of Direction combo I posted a few pages back, it's one of the more laughably overpowered combos even if there's an internal cooldown on the ring. Makeshift Cannon and Corsair was good as well for obliterating bosses, the Yari Launcher is the other weapon that ignores boss armor but it's not nearly as dramatic.

Devolver have said they plan to work on another, more complete expansion for Gungeon in the future which will have much more content than the supply drop update. Maybe we'll get some more videos whenever that happens.

Mentioned it on the video as well, but it could have been amusing as well to show off triggers/railgun on boss rush, because it has a very interesting property - Boss Rush disables the DPS cap on every weapon! Also fun with stuff like the Alien Engine to show off it's true potential. (As an aside I think that's another gun that should ignore the cap anyway due to the risk of use.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Thanks for an awesome LP, you picked a fine place to end and I had a lot of fun watching.

• Locked thread