Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I played one in game day of stardew and this is gonna devour me. Looking forward to it

When I was a kid I made it to year 12 in HM64 and read an online rumor that said you could get cable on your tv if you made it to year 15.

I'd converted my entire field into grass with a stone fence and had 7 gold milk cows and a greenhouse filled with plums and tomatoes only. :shopkeeper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In theory Stardew Valley is everything I ever wanted

In practice I play it for about an hour and then quit and come back in a month and I don't know why :shrug:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked stardew valley quite a bit, despite never having played a harvest moon game

the way the game structures sleeping makes it fairly addictive, since your immediate instinct upon getting out of bed is to jump to work to get the most out of the day, and to see how much your binned items sold for, which then draws you into playing the entire day

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

StarPoo Valley.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I like Stardew Valley except for the Skull Cavern.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
stardew valley is a great game that draws inspiration from many sources. sadly, the inspiration for the combat was Minecraft

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

StarPoo Valley.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol Just thought of a good one. Harvest Poon... lmfao That's what they should of called Prostitute Farm.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Whats the eta on prostitute farm the jizz covered portraits in stardew arent doing it for me anymore

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

i liked stardew valley quite a bit, despite never having played a harvest moon game

the way the game structures sleeping makes it fairly addictive, since your immediate instinct upon getting out of bed is to jump to work to get the most out of the day, and to see how much your binned items sold for, which then draws you into playing the entire day

This is how HM64 was structured too, waking up and checking your cash for what the bin sold, going through the routine of watering all your poo poo etc.

The day cycles were brutally fast in that game though. Time doesn't pass indoors which is a godsend because brushing and milking 8 cows would consume your whole day.

I pretty much stopped playing it when I was a kid cause I could bankroll 100grand a day but it was subset when I finished my duties. And there was practically no automation or upgrades that saved you time or whatever. Game was laggy as hell too for some reaosn

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i absolutely loved rune factory frontier but it had this annoying rear end mechanic where you had to balance the population of these little sprites around your village or things would eventually stop growing. it felt like you could never actually do half the stuff in the game cause it took forever to do this every few days

rune factory 3 is the best game in the series and is probably the best farming sim ever imo

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

Sadly, the inspiration for the combat was Minecraft

The combat not only leaves much to be desired, it kind of detracts from the whole tone of the rest of the game, I feel.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Stardew valley pwns especially with the recent patch. Livin on the river farm ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lol Just thought of a good one. Harvest Poon... lmfao That's what they should of called Prostitute Farm.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shartpoo Assy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've never played any of these games but I have Rune Factory 4. Might play it in the hope of cozy warm feelings over Christmas

• Locked thread