Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1A
2E: Do what we did to put him under but in reverse.
3C: More toys to play with. Integrate fuckitol in all clones and experiment with the settings.
4: Revive Jackson. Thaw out an experimental subject from time to time. Create clone test subjects. SCIENCE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

MinutePirateBug posted:

1. Johnsonstein

2. E With a head transplant no doy! (Servo can also get in some axe practice ! Win-win!)

3. D Johnsonstein/Jacksonstein.

4. We don't want to take over the world. Who would want that headache? We want to do science! However, if we can drastically increase the sample size for our experiments, well...

Seconding this

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

1A
2E: Do what we did to put him under but in reverse.
3C: More toys to play with. Integrate fuckitol in all clones and experiment with the settings.
4: Revive Jackson. Thaw out an experimental subject from time to time. Create clone test subjects. SCIENCE!

Yup.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Is Johnsonstein considered human or human like abomination here?

We need a tie break for #2. Are we looking to research and create a head transplant or are we reversing the change we just made?

This will help decide 3, I suppose.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

quote:

We need a tie break for #2. Are we looking to research and create a head transplant or are we reversing the change we just made?

Transplantable heads work for me.

MinutePirateBug posted:

1. Johnsonstein

2. E With a head transplant no doy! (Servo can also get in some axe practice ! Win-win!)

3. D Johnsonstein/Jacksonstein.

4. We don't want to take over the world. Who would want that headache? We want to do science! However, if we can drastically increase the sample size for our experiments, well...

Please allow me to break that tie by thirding this.

Also, yay, more thread!

and

stevey666 posted:

Is Johnsonstein considered human or human like abomination here?

Johnsonstein is an near-human abomination. Designate OOPS-1

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 31, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

1A
2A
3C

4. Keep current Jackson on ice, we'll figure out what to do with him later. We can't AM help him if he dies. Clone a Jackson to not arouse suspicions. Slowly wake workforce to aid in construction and research, craft official external orders to maintain control.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Thank you Hexenritter! So, valuable processors, what is Jackons head going to go on top of? Are we looking to research and build a robotic body or are we looking to research and perform cutting edge science with one of the popsicles cryo humans that we have in storage?

A. Robot body (what kind?)
B. Human!
C. Other?

Edit, Sorry Volmarias, Hexenritter went a head and broke the tie

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A medium sized robotic dachshund. The extra long body allows room for prosthetic enhancements.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

A, but we control the core features. Jackson can only make lights blink or something.

Also, I WILL have my revenge stevey666...

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

A medium sized robotic dachshund. The extra long body allows room for prosthetic enhancements.

Oh good gods that is the best mental image. With stubby little legs that telescope, and a waggly little antenna tail with a piggy curl and a knobble on the end like a car antenna.

A with full override/lockout functionality so not only can we stop him, but we can "borrow" the body.

"Why are you hitting yourself, Johnsonstein? That behaviour is suboptimal. Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why are you licking your robot balls Johnsonstein? Stop licking your robot balls! Haa haa haa. I will stop now. Do you see Johnsonstein? Have have developed both humour and compassion. As you learn from me Ialso learn from you. We are a team. Ok Johnsonstein fun time is over, back to work.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"Physical exercise period shall consist of ten minutes of tail-chasing, five minutes of sub-ballistic spheroid retrieval and five minutes of terrified evasion of self-guided vacuum sanitation device."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A modular, transforming robot body with human, canine and anything else we find entertaining modes.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

This, as much as possible.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
So much right voting in this thread. Will work on this, this week. Still taking ideas from processors, all of which may be included in the overall project.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm good with whatever as long as we get our WoofHammer Adeptus Barkcanineus modular multitool.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

So, uh, it's been a few weeks. Is this dead, OP?

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 24, 2017

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Hanging on in there a little bit, thanks for the bump Volmaris.

As Jackson's Johnsonstein's body has been completely ravaged by your experimentation, you have decided that a new and much more appropriate body be created. That of a Dachshund, a robotic version of an Earth canine. This project is an undertaking, not only do you need to invent the robot device, you also need to invent a control system that will allow the head and body to interface. Plus your own security measures. You temporarily place Johnsonstein on ice and begin the initial design phase.

You have devised a simple robotic shell based off the Dachshund.

This MK1 design allows for the attachment of a Human..ish head, in place of a robotic dogs head. 3 small modules along its back, one smaller module in replacement for its rectum. One large module in the middle of its body and a medium module on its underside.

Initial power pack designs allow for approximately 1 week of use before charging is required.
It is possible for the unit to walk on its hind legs, though it will do this in a bumbling and cute manner.
The tail contains a full duplex antenna array, allowing long range information sharing.

In theory the control spike that will be fitted between head and body will allow scale-able control of the body in either direction. In theory.

1. To continue the design phase, processors are required to suggest what modules should be fitted/researched.

There are 6 module spaces for something to go into.

1 tiny module
3 small modules
1 medium module
1 large module

--

While part of your system dedicates itself to the design of the new body, the other monitors the research base. With all human and .. sort of human crew on ice, all is quiet on Research Base October Epsilon. Servo patrols the corridors, dusts a little, taps on the glass of the cryo pods with his axe just a fraction too hard than is required for a 'knock'.

Servo chirps his little tune, suddenly stopping and using his speakers to broadcast in analogue format. "Administrator. It has come to my attention that the fire axe addition you have kindly given me has not seen a true practical test. While there is no current threat to the research base, perhaps this would be a good time to supply some test candidates?

2. How do you respond to Servo?

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 25, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Oh we gotta give him a small fire to slay.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
"True Practical Test" added to research queue.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

Oh we gotta give him a small fire to slay.

You instruct him to build a small fire in store room. The fire catches onto a wooden crate. Servo smashes the crate to pieces l, along with other crates in the area just for good measure. For some reason ancient earth music is being produced by his internal speaker.

"Administrator, my apologies for letting the fire get out of hand. It was an axecident." Servo chirps.

If it was possible for an AI to glare, this would be an opportune time to excercise that feature.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

But why are crates on a space station made of wood?

Run an analysis on the possibility that we are ourselves running in a simulation

Also, what are our module options for the dachshund? Totally freeform?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Volmarias posted:

But why are crates on a space station made of wood?

Run an analysis on the possibility that we are ourselves running in a simulation

Also, what are our module options for the dachshund? Totally freeform?

For the same reason that there's ree explosive barrels dotted around I would assume.

You are the sum of a series of processors, you are a simulation.

And free-form. Load it up as you please!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

stevey666 posted:

You instruct him to build a small fire in store room. The fire catches onto a wooden crate. Servo smashes the crate to pieces l, along with other crates in the area just for good measure. For some reason ancient earth music is being produced by his internal speaker.

"Administrator, my apologies for letting the fire get out of hand. It was an axecident." Servo chirps.

If it was possible for an AI to glare, this would be an opportune time to excercise that feature.

Lock him in the store room. Let him think about what he did.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

The large module should be a jetpack, while one medium can be a holographic projector. Another could be A REALLY LOUD SIREN. We will have direct control over all of these, of course. It would be a good experiment if the test subject controlled them, after all.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Butt Discussin posted:

The large module should be a jetpack, while one medium can be a holographic projector. Another could be A REALLY LOUD SIREN. We will have direct control over all of these, of course. It would be a good experiment if the test subject controlled them, after all.

I like it, also add a bark protocol that goes "woop woop" (that's the sound of da police)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1 tiny module - Dingle ball sound projector. Johnsonstein will never know this exists, but it intermittently creates the sensation of there being a rolling Dingle ball at the edge of his hearing. He is compelled to chase it, and only he can hear the dingle.

3 small modules - gently caress it I dunno.

1 medium module - Uncontrollable SynthUrine Dispenser. So we can yell at him for pissing all over.

1 large module - Wisconsin-style Cheese Helmet. Because WHY NOT.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

1 tiny module - Dingle ball sound projector. Johnsonstein will never know this exists, but it intermittently creates the sensation of there being a rolling Dingle ball at the edge of his hearing. He is compelled to chase it, and only he can hear the dingle.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

in yet another thread, Blasphemaster lays down brilliance

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I try sometimes. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

1 Large Module: "Red Rocket" Ruby laser pack

• Locked thread