Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish it was tuesday. SmackDown: Live Wild Card Finals will be better than all raws ppv this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DoctorGonzo posted:

I wish it was tuesday. SmackDown: Live Wild Card Finals will be better than all raws ppv this year.

oh poo poo i forgot about that. yes that will be awesome.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Smackdown is going to be so good, and anyone who watches RAW or RAW ppvs should watch and see what a good show looks like

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raw is good for background noise and hate watch.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MagicCube posted:

Massive ego, a huge mark for himself, big mouth that he couldn't keep shut, and generally a bridge burner. Basically HHH without the right friends and marrying the boss's daughter.

Also steroids and pills. He gets super fat around 97-98 and looked like poo poo in WCW. And he did the worst belly-to-belly suplex of all time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also steroids and pills. He gets super fat around 2002-2003 and looked like poo poo in Raw. And he did the worst feud of all time with Scott Steiner.

Also most of you says nxt tv sucks? congrats, its by design

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 26, 2016

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What the hell does "Wild Card Finals" mean anyway? Finals of what? Wild Card of what?

:iiam:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Phenix Rising posted:

What the hell does "Wild Card Finals" mean anyway? Finals of what? Wild Card of what?

:iiam:

When used in a sports context, a "Wild Card" refers to a team or individual that did not win their respective thing (division, tournament, etc) but was still good enough to make it into the playoffs/finals/etc. In this case, the context is that the winners of the Tag Team Battle Royal were unable to compete in their Tag Team Title Match and need to be replaced, so the "Wild Card" teams are the ones who would make the most sense to be next in line and are now given an opportunity to compete for that Tag Team Title match.

:ms:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just look at the lineup. It's a wild card full of wild matches!:downs:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a wild night, it's certainly a card, and it's the final one of the year

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Load Hogg Jesse James

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

When used in a sports context, a "Wild Card" refers to a team or individual that did not win their respective thing (division, tournament, etc) but was still good enough to make it into the playoffs/finals/etc. In this case, the context is that the winners of the Tag Team Battle Royal were unable to compete in their Tag Team Title Match and need to be replaced, so the "Wild Card" teams are the ones who would make the most sense to be next in line and are now given an opportunity to compete for that Tag Team Title match.

in other words, a nice way to say "losers bracket"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/813539022102548480

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWETheBigShow/status/813512447369809924

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god drat raw loving sucks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I'm so sad that they WWE has signed Joe when he has been broken down for years.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

No matter how much I hate seeing Big Show matches, him doing good always gives me the warm fuzzies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/HoneydewWilkins/status/813440509876273153

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

The real problem is you all got hyped but didnt stay hyped

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

god drat raw loving sucks

yep

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Except the tag match tomorrow night is a 4 corners elimination match for the actual belts including the wyatts.

Though I guess calling the wyatts losers isn't really that far off...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

But aren't they calling the entire show and ALL of the title matches "Wild Card" matches? It'd make way more sense if they just stuck it to the tag titles, but I thought they'd been attaching it to the entire show and every big match.

• Locked thread