Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Final ride for me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fartofpresto/

Edit: Sent!

Edit2: I'm getting my THAC0 on while min-max'in the poo poo out of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Thanks Ferrosol :)
(oops messed up the name of gifter and giftee)

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

just enough time for one last ride.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ferrosol/wishlist/

^^^ Sent
VVV Sent me some Age of Decadence to get my teeth into.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 2, 2017

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Quick one last
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SA_Avenger/wishlist

wishlist in order

edit: Sent ^^ Enjoy Age of Decadence and Dungeon rats to follow it up.
edit2: Thanks zeemand for Thea: The Awakening and Lethis: path of progress :)

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 2, 2017

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Jumping on at the buzzer

http://steamcommunity.com/id/the_zeeman/wishlist

e: Sent!

Huge thanks to cuntpunch who ran me over with a final train car of Ys Origin, Trails in the Sky and MGSV: Ground Zeroes!

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 2, 2017

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Gonna close the chain then! :D

VV Ok I've been told off

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 2, 2017

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Seems fitting. Final ride. Promise.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cuntpunch

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Everyone thank Cuntpunch for being awesome and ending the train this year!

Anyone has issues or didn't get a gift, send me a message and we'll sort it out. Hope everyone had fun!

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

What a crazy train, everybody! Thanks for participating and sharing the cheer!

I just looked back, and last year we appear to have given each other around $4000 worth of gifts, but this year, my best guess puts it at over $6100 of crazy goon gift giving. Even more awesome is that by the same best guess math, the average gift was just shy of TWICE THE MINIMUM.

This is fun as hell, everyone, thank you for helping build backlogs and share the games. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the estimated 800 hours of new games I have to play! See you next train!

CHOO CHOO

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thanks Nettle Soup! Thanks Cuntpunch! Thanks everyone else!

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Yeah, this was pretty fun again this year.

I kinda have one tiny complaint though: If people say they probably won't play a game, if it isn't on the wishlist, then please have at least one item on that wishlist that can be bought for the minimum participation amount.
While it isn't an issue for me (and most others it seems from the generous gifts), I wonder how many were discouraged to join in, when some of the wishlists only had $15+ items?

So, next time, add some awesome small games or DLCs to your wishlist. There are always plenty of lists posted in advance in the Steam thread :)

squirt the daisies
Apr 26, 2009

Immortal Wombat? That game is for pantywaists!
Great train this year again, everybody, we started the year good!
I'm also in agreement with Fart and maybe for next year, the OP (hopefully Nettle as he did an awesome job again :*) should mention that wishlists have priority, but we should also go hog wild and gift whatever, it's part of the surprise :)

Once again, you're all awesome and it's been a beautiful ride :3:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Fart of Presto posted:

I kinda have one tiny complaint though: If people say they probably won't play a game, if it isn't on the wishlist, then please have at least one item on that wishlist that can be bought for the minimum participation amount.
While it isn't an issue for me (and most others it seems from the generous gifts), I wonder how many were discouraged to join in, when some of the wishlists only had $15+ items?

So, next time, add some awesome small games or DLCs to your wishlist. There are always plenty of lists posted in advance in the Steam thread :)

I agree with this, it's not a bad idea to have a spread of stuff, there's always tons of DLC or indie gems or things that got cheaper since last year to toss on the wishlist. That said, it's never a bad idea to ride once for twice the minimum :)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks cuntpunch, sklurb, zeeman and everyone else, second train only but tripled my participation this time around. Can't wait for next one.
As for the wishlist I usually wait until there is someone with a whislist with things I can actually afford to gift. :/ (mine is very long though so I guess I am more the exception than the rule)

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 2, 2017

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Just to clarify, I didn't mean to single out anyone in particular. It was a general observation.
I only noticed this the last few days, and people might simply not have been aware that their cheaper items on the wishlist had already been gifted to them.

Sorry if anyone felt offended. That was definitely not my intention. Especially not in a thread where so many have been extremely generous :shobon:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Thanks for organizing this Nettle Soup! And big thanks to everybody who participated! See you next time!

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a billionaire super spy and part-time supermodel.
Thanks again Nettle for hosting the train!

Thanks also to the generosity of the gifters and the overall warmth during the holidays.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I just realised I did this accidentally for my last ride in my post-NY stupor

Fart of Presto posted:

So I'm going to make it up to the train by giving Stardew Valley or Dragon's Dogma or Infinifactory + TIS-100 to someone in this thread who was a repeat train rider (3+). Just reply and I'll shoot you a steam friend request.

Shout out to Nettle Soup! This is the first time I've joined in on the gift train and it was awesome, gave and received some great games and got into nice chats with cool goons.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Thanks for a great train everyone! Choo Choo!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Was fun, glad I jumped in!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Fart of Presto posted:

Agreed! It helps (in my case at least) that finding a bunch of cheaper games and putting them near the top of my wishlist was a fun exercise in wishlist shaping. And - if you add a game that's worth 50 cents or a dollar, sometimes I like to just throw it in because it's good and cheap.

Anyways - this was fun, and I hugely appreciate goons resolving my wishlist indecision this year. Thanks for running it, Nettle! :toot:

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

BurritoJustice posted:

I just realised I did this accidentally for my last ride in my post-NY stupor

So I'm going to make it up to the train by giving Stardew Valley or Dragon's Dogma or Infinifactory + TIS-100 to someone in this thread who was a repeat train rider (3+). Just reply and I'll shoot you a steam friend request.

Shout out to Nettle Soup! This is the first time I've joined in on the gift train and it was awesome, gave and received some great games and got into nice chats with cool goons.

If you insist...

I rode the train more than three times, and I would like to be the Arisen in Dragon's Dogma.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/pennfalath

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

LETS FINISH THIS poo poo OUT!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sountrustable

Edit: OH NO ITS OVER. I WAS TRYING TO BE THE LAST MAN STANDING.

Edit 2: Well friendos it was a good time. I was glad I had the cash on hand to do so many rides this year. I hope you all enjoyed your gifts and i'm going to straight destroy you come Summer sale time. Especially you cuntpunch...especially you.

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Untrustable posted:

LETS FINISH THIS poo poo OUT!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sountrustable

Edit: OH NO ITS OVER. I WAS TRYING TO BE THE LAST MAN STANDING.

Edit 2: Well friendos it was a good time. I was glad I had the cash on hand to do so many rides this year. I hope you all enjoyed your gifts and i'm going to straight destroy you come Summer sale time. Especially you cuntpunch...especially you.

It's a date! :v:

• Locked thread